iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » need help finding movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need help finding movie
jenni
Rewind Curious
Member # 845

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jenni   Email jenni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw a movie at a drive-in in the late 70's early 80's. i dont know the title or the actors, but i know the storyline. it was an action movie about 2 sisters. 1 was deaf, and was brutally raped by a gang and the sister got revenge by killing them. Any ideas would really be helpful.
Posts: 1 | From: trenton,fl. usa | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenni:
Let's see now. Sisters...rape...revenge...possible 70's movie.

Hmmmm...

Was one of the sisters a fashion model in the movie? If so, then my only guess is "Lipstick", from 1976. It starred Margaux Hemingway and her real-life sister Mariel. The movie flopped and Margaux's career and life nosedived after that. However, Mariel went on to have a somewhat decent movie/TV career.

Sorry, I never saw the movie, so I don't know if one of the sisters played a deaf person, but it's the only title that I can think of at the moment.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
jhenders
Rewind Curious
Member # 851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jhenders   Email jhenders   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds like Savage Streets from 1984.
Posts: 1 | From: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
orcist
Rewind Curious
Member # 1007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for orcist   Email orcist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me the name of the movie which included servicemen in it.

The head man says "do I make myself clear"
Crystal clear was the answer.

I hope someone knows the name of this movie.
It is driving me nuts.
Thanks.
Lisa

Posts: 1 | From: Clearfield | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Click
Rewind Curious
Member # 367

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mike Click   Email Mike Click   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry movie, both if the sisteres were raped buyt one wnet into a eyes open coma, The other sister Clint Eastwoods (real life wife) went after the bad guys with a .44 magnum gun to shoot them in the pubic area and once in the head.

Title of the movie was "Magnum Force".

Posts: 9 | From: Jim Thorpe, PA. USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Click
Rewind Curious
Member # 367

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mike Click   Email Mike Click   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orcist I did a 'quote' search here is the cut copy and paste.

Here are the quotes containing Do I make myself clear? Crystal or Crystal Clear.

Big Lebowski, The (1998)
Malibu Police Chief: I don't like your jerk-off name, I don't like your jerk-off face, I don't like your jerk-off behavior, and I don't like you, Jerk-Off. [Leans over] Do I make myself clear?

Biloxi Blues (1988)
Toomey: Do I make myself clear, Epstein?

Biloxi Blues (1988)
Toomey: Do I make myself clear, Jerome?

Scarlet Pimpernel, The (1934)
Sir Percy Blakeney: Because, you see, I hear that they do, and that gives the line a sort of something that sort of gives it a something, if I make myself clear.

That Darn Cat! (1965)
Ingrid Randall: The FBI has gotten along beautifully all these years without using my room as a headquarters. Now I want Tom Swift, or whoever that is, and his electric scoreboard, or whatever that thing is, out of my room before this afternoon, or I will become very difficult, do I make myself clear?

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971)
Mr. Turkentine: Of course you don't know! You don't know because only I know. If you knew and I didn't know, then you'd be teaching me instead of me teaching you--and for a student to be teaching his teacher is presumptuous and rude. Do I make myself clear?
Crystal.

I think I did a good job on your injecting a question into a question which you should not do. I hope you found your movie.

Posts: 9 | From: Jim Thorpe, PA. USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
jlynn
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 854

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jlynn   Email jlynn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By chance did the movie take place in a small town, and the girl was raped by a bunch of brutal bikers? The lead bikers name was Angel I believe. Does this sound formilar?
Posts: 27 | From: Littleton, CO, USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
jlynn
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 854

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jlynn   Email jlynn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After searching for a while I found the movie I was thinkg of, "The Stranger" is the name of the movie. Kathy Long is the main character. This is a description of it:
A bleak desert town is invaded by a gang of killer bikers, who proceed to terrorize (and rape) the local populace. The town officials, mindful of the money the gang spends there, do nothing. Finally, when the gang threatens a mute child, a local woman (Kathi Long) decides to fight the gang by herself.

Posts: 27 | From: Littleton, CO, USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hezibaby
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 222

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hezibaby   Email Hezibaby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I need help with a movie title. I think it was a 70s flick. It was an elite town and the men (I think) programmed their wives. I'm not too sure if thats what it was, I was really small when I saw it. If anyone has any idea of what I'm talking about I'd be forever grateful.
Posts: 29 | From: Bradenton, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the movie you are thinking of may be "The Stepford Wives" (1975)
The film was based on a novel by Ira Levin.
The women of this village cook, clean, and pretty much do whatever they are told by their husbands. Come to find out they are robots!!!ooooohhhhhhh
The new couple that come to town soon find this out when the husband wants in on the action. Hope this helps!
I almost forgot, go to www.imdb.com for more info.

[This message has been edited by Ali_with_an_i (edited 03-02-2003).]

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hezibaby
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 222

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hezibaby   Email Hezibaby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali_with_an_i

Thank you!!! That was it. Thanks so much.

Posts: 29 | From: Bradenton, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msbradshaw
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 982

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for msbradshaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, need help with a movie that I think was made in the 70's. I don't know any actors in it, but the plot line takes place in Washington D.C. where two boys who look alike swap identies to see what life is like living as the other boy(like the plot line of Dave and Model Behavior to name a few). One boy lives in the White House (I think), and the other boy lives in a middle-cl*** apartment with his grandma. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Please help!
Posts: 22 | From: Charlotte, NC, USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home