iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 73)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Indie Game : The Movie

Wiki

Trailer

A documentary that follows the journeys of indie game developers as they create games and release those works, and themselves, to the world. -- IMDb

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Eagle (2011)

"In 140 AD, twenty years after the unexplained disappearance of the entire Ninth Legion
in the mountains of Scotland, young centurion Marcus Aquila (Tatum) arrives from Rome
to solve the mystery and restore the reputation of his father, the commander of the Ninth.
Accompanied only by his British slave Esca (Bell), Marcus sets out across Hadrian's Wall
into the uncharted highlands of Caledonia - to confront its savage tribes, make peace with his father's memory,
and retrieve the lost legion's golden emblem, the Eagle of the Ninth." (IMDb)

This was a good and interesting epic action drama directed by Kevin Macdonald (The Last King of Scotland).
Starring Channing Tatum, Jamie Bell, Tahar Rahim, Donald Sutherland and Mark Strong.

Interesting plot, decent acting, nice scenery (shot in Hungary and Scotland) and good action.

The Eagle trailer

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oliver Stone's "Alexander" from 2004 starring Colin Farrell, Angelina Jolie, Val Kilmer, Jared Leto, Rosario Dawson and Anthony Hopkins.

An awful biopic about the life of Alexander the Great, this movie contains bad acting and worse writing that fails to make the story relevant.

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed, it's absolutely hideous.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Bounty Hunter" (2010) starring Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler.

A lifeless action comedy where the two leads fail to generate any sparks.

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Amazing Spiderman

Better than I thought it would be actually but still totally unnecessary. I would rather they had made Spiderman 4 albeit with a different cast. The story could have been converted to Spiderman 4 easily by leaving out the origin stuff and expanding on the Lizard character.

Not a bad day at the movies though all in all...

The Amazing Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

4 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobo with a Shotgun.
| Site Updates: 4 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Country for Old Men (2007)

What a great movie! Awesome acting, feel and locations.
Modern masterpiece!

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Means War...very funny movie...and I'm not a Reese Witherspoon fan at all.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:

Modern masterpiece!

-

Javier Bardem is amazing. He really has you convinced that he is a killer.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
"Abduction" starring Taylor Lautner. What an incompetent mess that film was, which surprisingly comes from the man who directed "Boyz N the Hood"! Score: 1/5.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Act of Valor---one word---awesome. Someone warned me I'd need a tissue. That was a lie--I needed a box of them.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
"Supernova" (2000) starring James Spader, Angela Bassett, Peter Facinelli, Robin Tunney, Lou Diamond Phillips, Wilson Cruz and Robert Forster.

What a colossal waste of time this sci-fi thriller had, with the film having a troubled production from one director (Walter Hill) disowning it, to two others (Francis Ford Coppola & Jack Sholder) trying to fix it, yet it really didn't work.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Project X (2011)

I love teen movies.. but for some reason this one didn't really do it for me.
It's okay to watch it once, but i doubt this will ever be considered a teen classic.

Practically no story, just partying teens, lots of booze, lots of drugs, truly horrible music,
and more foul language than in Menace 2 Society.

Or maybe it's just me getting old, i don't know. [Roll Eyes]

The one interesting thing is the lead guy's love for his childhood girlfriend next door and his
obsession for the school's hot girl that finally noticed him when he's throwing the biggest party ever.
It kinda reminded me of classic 80's teen movies such as Secret Admirer (C Thomas Howell's situation
with Lori Loughlin and Kelly Preston) and Some Kind Of Wonderful (Eric Stolz's situation with
Mary Stuart Masterson and Lea Thompson).

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Last night I watched Decisions, which was Corey Haim's last movie role. Was it a great movie? Not by a long shot. But it was decent. The beginning of it reminded me a lot of Menace II Society. It was nice to see Corey in an acting role again. Too bad it was his last one. [Frown]
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw Source Code last night, not too bad. I think I just like the message it was trying to show, that you really can control your destiny, even when it seems like there are forces pushing you in a different direction.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dark Knight Rises

Believe the hype! A stunning conclusion to the trilogy and movie of the year for this critic!!!

The Dark Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's Your Number? (2011)..with Anna Faris and Chris Evans.

Cute movie! [Smile] Quirky funny and charming.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Means War, with Tom Hardy, Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon.

Fun action comedy.. Reese and Tom did not fit IMO, but Chris was great.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010)
 -

Just had to see for myself if the critiques were true that these movies have gone beyond laughably dumb. And after watching this..I see they are justified..a total waste of big budget over-the-top CG effects, with mediocre action at best. And seriously, what's with all the Slow-Mo and Supermodel posing???..Is this a movie or fashion shoot? I dunno, maybe it looked better in 3-D. But, it does get minor points cause Milla Jovovich is still pretty hot in my book.. [Cool]

[ 28. July 2012, 14:32: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never bothered going past the first one.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shame 2011

Pretty good movie.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Finally got to see The Dark Knight Rises this morning... excellent movie!!
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
A little movie from 2003 called "Tiptoes" starring Matthew McConaughey, Kate Beckinsale, Gary Oldman and Patricia Arquette.

About a woman (played by Beckinsale) who discovers that her fiancee (McConaughey) comes from a family of dwarves including his fraternal twin brother (played by Oldman). This film was so bizarre and so bad that after it got played at the Sundance Film Festival, it instead went straight to DVD due to poor test screenings.

Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:

Modern masterpiece!

-

Javier Bardem is amazing. He really has you convinced that he is a killer.
Thats the only reason I endure the whole thing. Its overrated and to much hype for a movie that doesn't bring much to the table.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home