iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 71)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be absurd [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They made a ninth hellraiser?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
the adventures of tin tin

GP, did you enjoy it? I thought it was awesome. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Warrior this past weekend. If you are a fan of MMA, this movie is for you. It was a great movie, great story and great acting, especially by Nick Nolte. I feel as though he should have won the Oscar for best supporting. Partially filmed in Pittsburgh. The school scenes were filmed at North Hills High School, the alma mater for a couple of my friends/roommates in college.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Young Adult, starring Charlize Theron. It is an indy dramedy. It was alright, had a few good humorous moments. I thought Patton Oswalt was great. If you like indy movies, this is for you, but if you don't like them, don't watch because it was a little slow moving in the beginning.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pitt, I wondered about Young Adult. It sounded good but I wasn't sure if I'd like it. Might have to Netflix it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frayed---very good suspense movie with a twist at the end.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ronnie

yes i did. they have the series on netflix, im going to give that a go

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I wondered if anyone else here watched "Cabin In The Woods?"

I know Motley and petty were both interested! I thought it was fun.. it flipped the pages on me several times. Entertaining! [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Also watched "We Bought A Zoo".. what a touching movie. If you're an animal lover, check it out.. either that or a Matt Damon fan.. very heartfelt. [Smile]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

We Bought a Zoo looks pretty good- thanks for letting us know Ronnie!
We watched Tower Heist- I really liked it. I hope Eddie Murphy makes a return to doing more stuff like that instead of children's movies.

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Sadly, Ronnie, I still have not seen Cabin in the Woods!!! Grr!! Waiting for my local theatre to get it!

I watched The Sitter tonight. So what if it was a blatant rip-off of Adventures in Baby-sitting? It was funny, I thought. A little raunchy at times, but funny.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cocaine Cowboys (2006)

"The film explores the rise of cocaine and resulting crime epidemic
that swept the American city of Miami, Florida in the 1970s and 1980s." (Wikipedia)

Excellent documentary featuring score composed by none other than the legendary Jan Hammer.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I watched The Innkeepers. I was fairly disappointed. It was a Ti West movie, the same guy who did House of the Devil. The last half-hour, 45 min. of the movie were good. The beginning was just way too slow. I was expecting more of a thriller than what the movie actually was.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get Ti West. He gets these rave reviews like he's the next big thing, but his pacing puts me to sleep. Look at House of the Devil. The first half has the heroine basically doing small errands and nothing happens. When something did, I didn't care. He is just like Eli Roth--overrated.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I liked House of the Devil...Innkeepers was just boring. I know what you mean about him being overrated though.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Finally watched Cabin in the Woods!! I liked it....disappointed that Chris Hemsworth was only shirtless once lol...not quite what I'd expected...at first I was like, wth?? Turned out good though.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i wonder if alot of the current directors would have jobs back in the 70's and 80's with all the good work being done then, i think these newbies benifit from the current time peirod because there is hardly any good competition, very few if any have a distinct style
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want to knock todays films but I think it is fair to say that most are not up to the same calibre of movies made in the 70's and 80's. The same can be said for the music these days. While I am not saying that people today are talentless, I am saying that you had to be highly talented in most cases back then to be recognised. Today it seems to be more about marketing a product rather than actually coming up with a unique product.

Let's face it if the movies of today were as good we would not even have this great website.

I think I saw more great movies at the cinemas between 1987 and 1989 than have been made within the last 12 years.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
tough competition back then, but great for the consumer, music and movies.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I watched Saint Ralph (2004) last night. It was a cute humorous movie about a young boy who is determined to win the Boston Marathon, while his Mother is in a coma. He thinks that if he wins, it will be a miracle, then his Mother should awaken. It was a funny coming-of-age story.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Ca$h...starring....Chris Hemsworth! [Big Grin]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

watched transit last night starring jim caviezel about a violent gang that commit a bank heist and then to get past a police roadblock decide to secretly stash there bag of loot on the roof rack of caviezel's family 4x4 car and then they plan to snatch it back off them on the otherside .

but all does not go to plan.

fun little chase thriller that never really lets up,slightly daft in places but there's so much going on that you'd be hard pushed to care.

-

great american muscle car the gang use,think it's something like the one above but completely black .

-

i'd say about a 7.5/10.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

6/10

[ 26. May 2012, 05:14: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tamara Drewe (2010)

This decent relationship dramedy directed by Stephen Frears was on telly yesterday.
Starring Gemma Arterton, Roger Allam, Bill Camp, Tamsin Greig, Luke Evans and Dominic Cooper.
Good cast and great locations but i didn´t quite buy all the actions the characters did.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home