iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw "Hanc0ck" last weekend. Not bad, mainly because the title character is a superhero with social flaws, but it's mostly forgettable.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody see Superbad? I just watched it and I gotta say, I haven't laughed so hard since American Pie 1.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nancy Drew ('07)--cute movie, good for the whole family

Superbad ('07)--I was disappointed. I thought it'd be better.

Witless Protection ('08)--I love Larry the Cable Guy, and I laughed my azz off! Definitely one I'll be buying.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched The Reaping '07 last night. Not bad.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Howabout The Kingdom '07. Very good.
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw the documentary (on DVD) from a few years ago, "Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room".

What a shame that Enron C.E.O. Kenneth Lay died right before he would be sentenced! [Frown]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dark Knight (Superb)

Hellboy 2: (Could have been better)

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Amityville Horror, 2005. What a let-down.  -
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched this truly horrible movie called Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. The previews looked good, and y'all know I love a good horror movie! But this sure was a letdown.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dark Knight& Notes On A Scandal

both good movies, Dark Knight was brilliant.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Anybody see Superbad? I just watched it and I gotta say, I haven't laughed so hard since American Pie 1.

I watched Superbad on the Muffyless Starz network last weekend and while the humor was crude at times, I rather enjoyed it. I like how Evan & Seth wrote it based on their own experiences...ha. It kind of reminded of Harold and Kumar.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
I watched Superbad on the Muffyless Starz network

LOL...you come up with the best one-liners. [Big Grin]
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little late in catching up on some more recent movies, but I can see that I haven't missed much!

NACHO LIBRE.... one of the worst comedies I've ever seen, and I like Jack Black!

TRANSFORMERS... hated it, Michael Bay is an awful, awful, awful director.... thanks for *******izing my childhood memories Mike!

BOURNE ULTIMATUM... best movie I've seen this year, Bourne trilogy is damn near perfect!

SUPERBAD... it was what the title suggests.... laughed maybe twice!

INTO THE BLUE... Alba is HOOOOTTTT!!! the rest of the movie sucked!

DEPARTED... eeeh, yeah... I watched this movie six years ago, it was called INFERNAL AFFAIRS, and it was ten times better

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAYLEE:
SUPERBAD... it was what the title suggests.... laughed maybe twice!

you too?? hehe i hated that movie.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Superbad must be an aquired taste. I liked it very much. I always got a kick out of those "raunchy" comedies, i.e. American Pie, Road Trip, etc.

As far as the Bourne series - absolutley awesome. I also agree with The Departed. OK movie, nothing to write home about.

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like The Departed. In a sick twisted kind of way... [Wink]

So, I saw The Heartbreak Kid on HBO the other night. It was pretty funny...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
I like The Departed. In a sick twisted kind of way... [Wink]

I liked it too. Definitely watchable. I was just a bit disappointed. Expected better with all the hype.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Glad to know that I'm the only one who thought Superbad was really, really superbad!! I usually like the raunchy comedies, but this one didn't do it for me. I, too, watched the Heartbreak Kid this weekend...I know it didn't do well at the box office but I liked it.

Last night I watched 3:10 to Yuma. Really good movie, better than what I expected.

TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reservation Road (good)

30 Days of Night (great!)

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

30 Days of night is awesome,

Untraceable was more than good, but no Silence of the lambs.

Superbad is a masterpiece, I guess you have to like that kind of movie but I thought it was amazing.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regard to SUPERBAD: What's raunchy about it?? or more importantly, what's funny about it?? because they swear between each sentence?? Talk about sex?? I am sorry, but from a European point of view, that just aint gonna cut it! I don't mind swearing, I swear like a mad man myself, but swearing is not funny in and of itself! it's in the delivery, and these guys didn't deliver! They talk about sex with a explicit vocabulary.... big deal, so do me and my friends! Dirty doesn't equal funny! it actually has to be funny! I didn't think American Pie was funny ten years ago, and I don't think this movie is funny now!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

to me it was overkill.. the boy yelling, rambling and babbling about wanting to get laid, it just went on and on and got on my nerves. he wouldn't shut up.
as for american pie, i thought it was ok, but not a super funny movie.
i don't mind movies with loads of cursing and dirty talk at all, just superbad hardly made me laugh.

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Valley:
I watched Superbad on the Muffyless Starz network
Originally posted by 80'srocked:
LOL...you come up with the best one-liners. [Big Grin]

He does! hahaa I'll say "Whatever" with a big hand to the face,I have Fox Movie Channel which is pretty kickass I must say.... [Wink] hahaa

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Step Up last night... I'll give it 2 stars out of 5... Some of the dancing was cool, but, Vanilla Ice died years ago...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:

Superbad is a masterpiece, I guess you have to like that kind of movie but I thought it was amazing.

WE are DEVO

I'm glad someone else agrees with me. To each his or her own. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home