iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught a few horror/thrillers recently.

The Hole (2001)
Four prep school kids throw a party in an old bomb shelter and end up getting locked in. Grade: B-

Them (a.k.a. Ils) (2006)
A young couple are awoken in the middle of the night and terrorized by hooded intruders. Grade: A-

Frontier(s) (2007)
Four Parisians fresh from a robbery during widespread city riots, hideout in the country at an out of the way hostel only to find themselves at the mercy of a demented neo-nazi family. Grade: B+

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Journey, is Frontiers subtitled or dubbed? It's the only one of the 8 Films to Die For from last year that I didn't see.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's in French with optional English subtitles. There's no English language track on the DVD. The movie's basically a Texas Chainsaw Massacre ripoff, but competently done, and with some stringent anti-right wing political subtext.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally saw Live Free or Die Hard on cable last night. I thought it was very good. I must admit, the CGI was mind-boggling. Great action as well.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last movie I saw was Tropic Thunder. I thought it was hilarious, but the humor was definitely low-brow. Lots of language for those who are sensitive to that.

I love working at a movie theater. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I finally saw Live Free or Die Hard on cable last night. I thought it was very good. I must admit, the CGI was mind-boggling. Great action as well.

A bit unbelievable but a good movie otherwise. I like most Bruce Willis movies...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched "The Invasion" last night. It was OK...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427392/

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
I watched "The Invasion" last night. It was OK...

I saw this one last week. Just "OK" sums it up perfect.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Invasion at the movies...the only thing I even remember about it, and liked.. is that the kids went trick or treating in a scene in it. The rest was forgetable.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Tonight I watched We Own The Night, 2007. Duvall, Wahlberg, Phoenix, Mendes.

For a change, this was actually better than expected. Good flick.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it but I was a little disappointed in the ending 80'sRocked. I was expecting some big final showdown........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched We Own the Night too....I can't even remember much about it...except how violent it was.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Righteous Kill. Movie could have been better (why do rap stars tend to ruin a good movie) but Pacino's and DeNiro's performances were perfect. Next we are gonna catch the new Coen Brothers/ George Clooney flick Burn After Reading......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to see Death Race last night....low expectations...I ended up really liking it.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
I was expecting some big final showdown........

YES! Me too. That ending was a bit of a let-down. The rest of the movie made up for it though.

ISIS, yes it was pretty violent. Some movies have to be to express the feel of the story. I thought this was very well written and directed. Also had superb acting. It was also cool how it was set in 1988 Manhatten. I liked it alot.

TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- 21 Grams (2003) Very Good!

- Definitely Maybe (2008) Enjoyable

- Death Sentence (2007) Good

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
No Country for Old Men, 2007. Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin, Javier Bardem.

As violent and twisted as this movie is, it is absolutely brilliant. Doesn't get much better than this for this type of flick IMO.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I'd forgotten about 21 Grams I need to watch it again......
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Michael Clayton, 2007. George Clooney, Tilda Swinton. Pretty good I thought.
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
St Trinians (2007). funnier than I thought it was going to be, and an OK homage to the classic B&W comedies of yesteryear.

Next one (maybe tonight) will be Beowulf.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alien vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)

What a piece of crap.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Alien vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)

What a piece of crap.

Really? I liked it. It was full of action all of the way through... Lots a of violence, some shocking, men, woman, children, pregnant woman. A bit much at times but, a lot of good alien vs predator action. [Cool]
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
@ jdocster

Ya, I didn't think it was good.
There was indeed lots of violence and action going. So far, so good. But most of it was filmed in the dark (how clever to vandalise the power plant first ;-) Because of that it was very hard to figure out who was beating who during the action scenes. It also seemed as if this predator was deaf and blind. He only noticed a threat when it almost bit him in the face.
And what about those last lines: - "The world isn't ready for this technology." - "But this isn't for our world, is it?" Did that make any sense to you?

Are they gonna fight the predators on their own planet now?
I liked the first Alien vs Predator better.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Superbad....again. I'm sorry, but this movie is funny.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
I hear ya TKO...
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home