iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 95)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  92  93  94  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Wick 2. Good flick, lots of action and violence. A good entertaining movie. I hope they do a 3rd one! I love Keanu in this role.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like the Road Warrior to Mad Max, the rare sequel that is better than the original, John Wick Chapter 2 is a great looking, outstanding action film. I loved all the little homages to the great John Woo/Ringo Lam/Tsui Hark Hong Kong films of the 80s and 90s.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -

Die Wilden Hühner Und Die Liebe (2007) and Die Wilden Hühner Und Das Leben (2009)

In fact, these are parts 2 and 3 of a movie-trilogy based on a series of popular German children's and youth books.
I'm not exactly part of its target-audience (obviously), but i always enjoy a decent coming-of-age movie.

It's fun to see the whole cast return for all three movies, so we actually get to see the girls grow up and experience
first love and heartbreak. Nothing too deep or serious, but it's not without a couple of charming moments.

Watch the trailers (in original German language) and you'll get the idea..

Die Wilden Hühner (2006) : www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8KbFsjzg4I

Die Wilden Hühner Und Die Liebe (2007) : www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqc_N9R4-iE

Die Wilden Hühner Und Das Leben (2009) : www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJjE5rR82sw

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Magic of Belle Isle. It was alright. Would make a good family film. Starred Morgan Freeman and Virginia Madsen. Directed by Rob Reiner. An alcoholic writer of Westerns spends the summer at a lake house (Morgan Freeman), next door to a divorced mother of three girls. . It was a bit slow moving, and also felt a little chopped up by the editor. Anyone else ever see this? It was comparable to a Hallmark movie.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sad, sad fall of director Rob Reiner... Once upon a time, he directed beloved classics like Stand by Me and The Princess Bride. Now he's reduced to films that get next to no release, that no one's heard of or seen, and no one cares about.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
La La Land - This looked gorgeous, the music was gorgeous, there were some touching moments and Emma Stone puts in a fantastic performance. My one major problem was, try as I did, I just didn't like them. Although I did gain some respect for Gosling's character at the end. Liking leads is by no means an essential for me but in this case I just couldn't get hit with the emotion they were going for because of it.

Hardcore Henry - It was pretty exciting with some really fun characters. It wasn't anything like I was expecting at all and really gave me a nostalgia for the old computer games I use to play walking around creepy buildings with hand out in front. I loved the music and was cracking up during the Don't Stop Me Now part. The time just flew by!

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 really good animated films, Batman Beyond - Return of the Joker and The Batman Vs Dracula.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

View From The Top (2003)

A small-town girl dreams of becoming a first-class flight attendant. She makes her dreams come true..
falls in love.. and eventually has to make a decision between doing international flights to Paris and
being with the love of her life.

This may not sound too interesting.. and to be honest, it isn't.. but the girls look stunningly beautiful,
there's a certain retro look to the movie, plus there are a couple of familiar tunes on the soundtrack.

Starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Christina Applegate, Mark Ruffalo, Mike Myers, Candice Bergen, Kelly Preston,
and Rob Lowe. There's also a fun cameo appearance by veteran actor George Kennedy as a passenger
requesting a vodka (and who may be playing the same character as he did in the Airport movies).

Here's the trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=elF04ebuXHI

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that View from the Top was bashed when it was released but i´m interested.
Love the uniforms and the George Kennedy scene sounds like a nice touch. He played the same character in all Airport flicks but had different jobs [Smile]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

X-Men: Days of the Future Past (Rogue Cut, 2014)

Loved this one! One of the very best superhero films out there and a marvelous Bryan Singer comeback after the horrible Superman Returns.
Nice to see the old and new X-Men cast in a same film, loved the breathtaking Quicksilver Pentagon sequence (Evan Peters rocks),
Patrick Stewart passing the torch to James McAvoy... lots of good stuff here.
The film is mostly set in the 70s and that´s a big plus definitely.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This was great fun with Katie Holmes as a prim and proper elementary school teacher with vigilante tendencies who sees it as her duty to keep her neighbourhood a safe and friendly environment!

Pretty wacky in parts and the tone does shift around a lot but Katie Holmes is terrific here and it's not often that you get to watch a movie where the main character is like a mash up between Mary Poppins and Death Wish's Paul Kersey.

I watched this on rental (DVD) and it was only a little while back that I actually saw it going for dirt cheap but I passed on it at the time and I'm sorta living to regret that decision now as I did find it a very entertaining watch!

Certainly not to all tastes but I do think that the majority of folk will enjoy this one!

https://youtu.be/vu7qAPp1v98 - Miss Meadows trailer (2014).

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Logan

"In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor X in a hide out on the Mexican border. But Logan's attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are up-ended when a young mutant arrives, being pursued by dark forces."

One of the best films I've seen in a long time.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Miss Meadows sounds interesting and i´m really looking for to check out Logan.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

The Master (2012)

"Returning from Navy service in World War II, Freddie Quell drifts through a series of breakdowns.
Finally he stumbles upon a cult which engages in exercises to clear emotions and he becomes deeply involved with them." (IMDb)

This was a good and challenging film directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.
Joaquin Phoenix plays an unlikeable lead character but he plays it well. Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams co-star.
The Master is set in the 50s and they have captured the era perfectly.

The film was partly inspired by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, as well as early drafts of There Will Be Blood,
drunk Navy stories that Jason Robards had told to Anderson prior, and the life story of John Steinbeck. So you can tell that it´s definitely not for everyone but we can´t eat popcorn everyday, can we? [Wink]

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I had to watch the 2015 version of Fantastic Four. Nothing but exposition with very few action scenes and considering everything that had happened behind the scenes as well as the final result, definitely one of the worst superhero movies I have ever seen.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Dan In Real Life (2007)

Entertaining time-waster, starring Steve Carell as a single dad struggling with his three young daughters growing up
after his wife passed away. He has a chance meeting with a woman who turns out to be his brother's new girlfriend.

The premise of the movie reminded me of another movie i saw some time ago, The Family Stone (2005), which is about
a guy taking his new girlfriend home to his family for Christmas, but eventually falls in love with her sister.
There are quite some similarities between these two movies, but in my opinion Dan In Real Life is definitely the better one.

Juliette Binoche stars as Carell's love-interest, plus supporting roles for John Mahoney and Dianne Wiest as his parents.

A couple of familiar tunes on the soundtrack, including Pete Townshend's Let My Love Open The Door, performed here by
Steve Carell and Dane Cook (who plays his brother).

Here's the trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SqaWEBSd4g

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Ironclad (2011)

Brutal violence abound when a small group of knights fight to defend Rochester Castle against the tyrannical King John
in 13th century England.

Generally criticized for not being historically accurate, Ironclad is definitely not a romaticized fantasy of medieval times,
but more a down-and-dirty, grim and nihilistic vision of the dark ages with all its excess and hypocritical religious beliefs.

Brian Cox's death scene is the most gruesome i've seen in a long, long time.. so be warned ! [Big Grin]

Here's the trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVTvDxQu1LE

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Monster (2003)

Intense crime drama based on the life of Aileen Wuornos, a Daytona Beach prostitute who became a serial killer.

Charlize Theron won an Oscar for her role. Chrisina Ricci plays her naive sidekick (and possible love interest), and we
also get to see Bruce Dern and even Kane Hodder in small supporting roles.

I don't know if anyone ever noticed this, but Monster actually has a lot in common with Henry Portrait Of A Serial Killer.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Aileen Wuornos was another Henry Lee Lucas. Their motives for killing may have
been different, but still.. there are quite some similarities between these two films.

Writer / director Patty Jenkins also helmed the upcoming Wonder Woman movie adaptation, scheduled for June 2017.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Star Trek Beyond (2016)

Pretty entertaining popcorn movie, a little bit too much action though. The two previous Star Trek films had the same disease.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Frequency (2000)

"An accidental cross-time radio link connects father and son across 30 years. The son tries to save his father's life, but then must fix the consequences."

First time I've seen this in years -- I still love it. Hard to believe it's almost 20 years old. [Frown]

Trailer

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pghgurl
Rewinder
Member # 37514

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pghgurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We went to the theater last night and saw Rambo: Last Blood. If you like ultra violent movies, this one is for you. Rumor has it, it was first going to get an”X” rating for the violence and gore. My question would be what DID they cut out to barely get an “R” rating?! My favorite Rambo movie is still the second one.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Rambo last blood last Sunday and I really dug It I thought if you was after 90 odd minutes or so of mindless action entertainment it really does the trick!

Without doubt very violent especially the bit where he yanks the guys collar bone out that made me cringe but I got to admit I had a grin from ear to ear when he started wiping out those slimy drug cartel bosses and the gorier it got the more fun it became!

For me the best action film this year by a country mile and I hope he does one more as I really do love this series!

[ 29. September 2019, 11:02: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pghgurl
Rewinder
Member # 37514

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pghgurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
I watched Rambo last blood last Sunday and I really dug It I thought if you was after 90 odd minutes or so of mindless action entertainment it really does the trick!

Without doubt very violent especially the bit where he yanks the guys collar bone out that made me cringe but I got to admit I had a grin from ear to ear when he started wiping out those slimy drug cartel bosses and the gorier it got the more fun it became!

For me the best action film this year by a country mile and I hope he does one more as I really do love this series!

Yes we loved it too! We both were grinning too.. It would be great if he did just one more in the series. I liked the montage in the end credits of scenes from the previous Rambo movies.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pghgurl
Rewinder
Member # 37514

Rate Member
Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood
Leonardo DeCaprio and Brad Pitt star as an experienced but struggling actor, and his stunt double/ personal assistant in 1969 Hollywood. There is also a tie-in with Sharon Tate, Roman Polanski and friends; and the Manson family. This was a very entertaining film. The production spent a lot of money making the streets of L.A. and the sets and costumes look authentic. As we watched the film, never did I feel like I was watching something modern with cheesy costumes or scenery. This is a Tarantino film. I think it is one of his best. We saw this a week or two after it came out in the theater this summer. Anyone else see it?

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yeah, I did like it. But it wasn't up there amongst his best for me. The ending was super!!
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  92  93  94  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home