iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 96)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  93  94  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"In Gotham City, mentally-troubled comedian Arthur Fleck embarks on a downward-spiral of social revolution and bloody crime. This path brings him face-to-face with his infamous alter-ego: "The Joker"."

Joker (2019)

Great movie. Phoenix was excellent, his body language and facial expressions -- said as much as his lines.

Amazing.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw Joker yesterday and loved it. I think it's gonna whirl around in my head for days. It was so off kilter with what I'd expect to see in a Joker origin film and I friggin' adored that about it.

Depressing, funny, moving. For the first time ever I genuinely liked and felt for this guy. Yeah I didn't agree with all of his actions but I kinda understood it. I was thinking De Niro was just gonna be a cameo so I was pleased to see there was quite a bit more. The scenes with him and Joaquin were fabulous. As was Joaquin's whole performance, wowser!! And I never noticed this before, I think it was the suits, waistcoats and short trousers showing the socks, but yeah he was sexy as, sorry. Not sorry. 8/10

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pghgurl
Rewinder
Member # 37514

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pghgurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We watched John Wick III over the weekend. It was just “okay”. Not as good as the first two. I really didn’t want to watch it in the first place, for personal reasons. Maybe I just wasn’t that into it. Has anyone else seen it yet?
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pghgurl
Rewinder
Member # 37514

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pghgurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched two movies from the V.C. Andrews stories. Petals on the Wind and If There Be Thronw. There is also a remake of Flowers in the Attic, but I missed recording that one. They all have Heather Graham as the Mother, Corinne. Fairly cheesy movies, but the costumes, sets, and makeup were all great. They were all on Lifetime Movie Network.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Passengers (2016)

"A spacecraft travelling to a distant colony planet and transporting thousands of people has a malfunction in its sleep chambers. As a result, two passengers are awakened 90 years early."

This gets a lot of hate, but I enjoyed it. Good performances from the leads, impressive special effects and a stunning Thomas Newman score, make this worth watching.

A great performance from Michael Sheen as "Arthur the android" seals the deal.

Spacewalk

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pghgurl
Rewinder
Member # 37514

Rate Member
We watched The Irishman on Netflix over the weekend. Starring Robert Deniro, Joe Pesci and Al Pacino. I felt this movie was good, but overly long. It could have been edited down to two or two and a half hours. It is over three hours long.
Also watched Murder Mystery starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. It was alright. More of a drama than comedy. I think these two do have great chemistry together onscreen. They feel like they are friends in real life.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pghgurl:
We watched John Wick III over the weekend. It was just “okay”. Not as good as the first two. I really didn’t want to watch it in the first place, for personal reasons. Maybe I just wasn’t that into it. Has anyone else seen it yet?

I have not seen part 3 and never will but I have seen part 1 and some of part 2. my opinion is its massive overkill. pun intended.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last few weeks:

-

Auto Focus (2002) 8/10

-

The Paperboy (2012) 7/10

-

Zyzzyx Road (2006) 4/10

-

Ready Player One (2018) 8/10

-

Scream 3 (2000) 3/10

-

Scream 4 (2011) 5/10

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Killing Hasselhoff (2017) 6/10

-

Everly (2014) 7/10

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

Star Wars: The Rise of The Skywalker (2019)

"After Palpatine mysteriously returns, the Resistance faces the First Order once more in the final chapter of the Skywalker saga."

Not a bad way to end the trilogy. It's far from a classic, but it has many good things going for it. Sad knowing this will be the final Star Wars score for John Williams.

The Rise of The Skywalker Score

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (2011) 7/10

-

The Replacements (2000) 5/10

-

The Hunter (2011) 8/10

-

Zombeavers (2014) 6/10

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer (2006) 3/10

-

Justice League Dark (2017) 7/10

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood (2019)

"A faded television actor and his stunt double strive to achieve fame and success in the film industry during the final years of Hollywood's Golden Age in 1969 Los Angeles."

Excellent. A little slow at times, but the tremendous acting, stunning location shots and over-the-top ending make this one to watch.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched a couple of fairly recent movies that were on TV here last week :

Peppermint (2018)

By-the-numbers revenge themed action-thriller starring Jennifer Garner, who is actually quite good as she provides
some emotional depth to her character in the first half, and tremendously kicks butt in the second. Hard to imagine
this is the same actress from light-hearted comedy fluff like 13 Going On 30 (which she did quite well too, i must say).

Blended (2014)

I'm not really a big fan of Adam Sandler comedies, but this one was pretty acceptable, mostly thanks to a charming
Drew Barrymore, and also the three young actresses who play Sandler's daughters provide some touching moments
as they struggle trying to cope with the loss of their mother while their dad reluctantly gets back in dating mode and
hooks up with Barrymore, a divorced mother of two young boys, for a truly disastrous first date. Their attraction for one
another gradually grows when they're stuck together at an African resort for couples.

[ 02. June 2020, 08:29: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Read Player One again yesterday, I really rate this movie, I suppose the amount of 80's references may help but its brilliant.

-

Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Let´s put something here. Last two weeks or so:

-

Overlord (2018) 8/10

Like someone said this is "A-level fun for B-movie fans".

-

The Invisible Man (2020) 8/10

Blumhouse delivers, surprisingly good stuff.

-

The Company Men (2010) 8/10

-

Crawl (2019) 7/10

-

The Professor and the Madman (2019) 8/10

Gibson and Penn, need i say more?

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lords Of Salem - I had a feeling I'd like this more on a second watch and I did. Something really beautiful and skin crawling about it all at once. I have to say as much as I like Dee Wallace she is a major weak link for me here. Not once do I ever not see her acting and laughing along with herself while doing so. Pulls me out of it at times. I do feel like it could've been taken into more trancy weirdness than it gets. But yeah, appreciated it more this time. Good flick.7/10
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Simon Says - This backwoods slasher gets more fun everytime I watch it. Crispin Glover is so good and looks like he's having a ball. It's just all so daft, the humour is crap in a brilliant way. The gore is plentiful and the deaths are cheer along great. It has super effects with some inventive kills. 7/10
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Bullet To The Head - I can't believe Walter Hill directed this. Kinda embarrassing. 3/10
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
St. Vincent - This film is gorgeous. I didn't think it would get to me like it did when I saw it in the pictures back then but that last part had me crying again. This film is riddled with cliches but they all work. One of Bill Murrays finest performances for me and I always think Melissa McCarthy works better when she's not 'the star'. The kid isn't even annoying and Naomi Watts is funny as a Russian pregnant prostitute.8/10
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
St. Vincent - This film is gorgeous. I didn't think it would get to me like it did when I saw it in the pictures back then but that last part had me crying again. This film is riddled with cliches but they all work. One of Bill Murrays finest performances for me and I always think Melissa McCarthy works better when she's not 'the star'. The kid isn't even annoying and Naomi Watts is funny as a Russian pregnant prostitute.8/10

I really liked St. Vincent. Bill Murray was good. I think he’s overrated in most films he’s done. He does the same “I’m so bored” act. I thought the kid was great. And Melissa McCarthy did great in a more serious role. She can do both comic and serious as we’ve seen in Gilmore Girls.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Glad you liked it too [Smile] I've never seen Gilmore Girls.
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Jack The Giant Slayer (2013)

Retelling of the fairy tales Jack And The Beanstalk and Jack The Giant Killer (both previously filmed in the 1950s and 1960s respectively)
provides solid, old-fashioned entertainment with state-of-the-art special-effects, nothing more, nothing less.. Directed by Bryan Singer.

The grotesque appearance of the giants may be a little unsettling to younger kids, but overall this is a decent fantasy-adventure ideal
for family viewing.

[ 18. December 2020, 04:54: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Cast Away - It must be coming up to 20 years since I last saw this and it kinda killed me just the same. Surprised how much of it felt like I'd just watched it yesterday. Was really fresh, probably with the endless references and Wilson jokes over the years. But weirdly the last half an hour was like it was the first time I'd ever seen it. I've thought for years that it ended the moment he was found. Although the scenes after that were well acted and emotional I kinda wish it had finished the way that I remembered. I didn't really need all of it spelt out to me. And that was just plain cold replacing Wilson like that [Razz] Overall a really enjoyable rewatch and with me still not being done with Christmas films I was glad to see the first 20 mins was Christmas! 8/10
Liannoni
Rewind Curious
Member # 37682

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Liannoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Revenant (2015)

Another Alejandro G. Inarritu film and another masterpiece.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2021 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  93  94  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home