iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 72)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched One For the Money. I love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, and I was afraid I'd be disappointed by the movie (especially since I thought the Rock should've played Ranger). But anyway it was a really funny movie. I couldn't stand Debbie Reynolds as Grandma Mazur though. She didn't do the character justice.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Midnight in Paris, very good film.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revolver (2005). One of the strangest movies I've ever watched. And the acting was pitiful. Andre Benjamin was the worst. It felt like they were all reading their lines off of a cue card, with the exception of Jason Statham. Are all Guy Ritchie flicks like this?
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks HelenS. I doubt I'll be watching anymore Guy Ritchie films.
pettyfan, I haven't seen One for the Money yet. I haven't read the books, but it looked good and it was filmed here in Pittsburgh.
Midnight in Paris looks good- some new movies to add to my Netflix queue.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Yes

Actually I disagree. Revolver is not indicative of a Guy Ritchie film and is universally reviled as the worst him he ever made!

Lock, Noms and 2 Smoking Barrels [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lock stock is just as bad. The only one I've even slightly enjoyed is Sherlock.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is a classic...Innit [Wink]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Classic crap [Razz]
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ritchie's "Sherlock Holmes" stuff isn't terrible, but compared to the new BBC series "Sherlock," it's very pale indeed. If you want to suffer through a REALLY terrible Guy Ritchie film, check out "Swept Away," with Madonna, the remake of the classic Lina Wertmuller 70's art film. It's basically unwatchable. (And even though Madonna is filmed from sort of dodgy angles and non-close-ups, she still looks bad. Hubby tried, I guess. [Smile] )

[ 11. June 2012, 21:10: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"I'll put that down to shock, but only once, only once can or will I let you get away with that."

-

Have you seen the other Guy Richie classic, Snatch?  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Unfortunately I have, why do I do this to myself? [Frown]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything to declare?

Yeah, don't go to England.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked snatch and barrel, not my favorite movies, but likeable
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tower Heist---pretty good movie.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Revolver (2005). One of the strangest movies I've ever watched. And the acting was pitiful. Andre Benjamin was the worst. It felt like they were all reading their lines off of a cue card, with the exception of Jason Statham. Are all Guy Ritchie flicks like this?

No, Helen_S hasn't got a scooby [Wink] [Razz] 'Snatch' and 'Lock, Stock...' ('The Hard Case' isn't bad for a short) are mildly entertaining. Revolver, well, you saw it, Sherlock Holmes average at best, Rock n'Rolla has its moments rare though they are and Swept Away I haven't seen, much like the rest of the world.

"Its been emotional" [Cool]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Alone in the Dark" (2005) by Uwe Boll. Once again, another awful offering from Boll and overall a poor video game adaptation, featuring bad performances from Christian Slater, Stephen Dorff & especially Tara Reid as an archaeologist.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

The Hangover Part II---they should've stopped after the first one. Just sayin
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2002's "Collateral Damage" starring Arnold Schwarzenegger as a firefighter hunting down the Colombian terrorist that killed his family. Also stars Elias Koteas, Cliff Curtis, Francesca Neri, John Leguizamo and John Turturro. Directed by Andrew Davis ("The Fugitive").
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Thing (2011) 3 out of 5
The Sitter (2011) 2.5 out of 5

Terror Inside (2008) 2.5 out of 5
Corey Feldman stars.

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Contraband--good movie
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tomboy (2011) French film... very well acted by the lead girl.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
2012, not the best couple hours i spent.
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Hugo last night. Don't know why all the fuzz about it comes from. Did I miss something..?
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
"Doom" from 2005 starring Karl Urban and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Still another awful video game adaptation that barely has anything to do with the game it was based on.

-

This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home