iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 86)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harold's Going Stiff - I went into this just expecting a daft zombie comedy. But instead got an utterly charming, touching drama involving the relationship between a sick man and his carer. With some laughs and head bludgeonings thrown in for good measure.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a comedy movie Helen? The title sounds like an adult film [Big Grin]

Sanctum (2011). It started out kinda promising and was OK for a while but then it turned in to the typical dying like flies scenario that's been played out a hundred times before. Nothing terribly original.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Kick-A$$ (2010) last night.

It was a good movie. Some might question the moral of the film but hey, it´s just another comic book film, not to be taken too seriously.
The cast did a very good job overall but of course Chloë Grace Moretz was phenomenal if i have to name one.

I see that the comic book is even more violent and i was shocked to find out (from the extras) that true legend, penciller John Romita Jr. added some nudity to the book! [Big Grin]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This 2011 comedy - demoted starring Sean astin (mike - bottom right),Michael vartan (Rodney mcadams- bottom left) and David cross (ken castro - top) was good for a few laughs,basically what it's about is vartan and astin's characters making fellow worker David cross's character's - (ken's) life a complete misery by continuously playing practical jokes on him while at work only to have the tables then turned on them when there current boss suddenly dies after a wild night out with the pair (astin & vartan) at a strip club and to make matters worse for the both of them there arch rival ken (cross) then gets made up to be the new company director.

-

What happens next is ken proceeds to make his tormentors pay by making there working life a living hell by firstly demoting them both down from salesmen to secrataries and then by attempting to humiliate them as much as humanly possible,thing is he pushes them a bit too far and to the point that they think that enough is enough and plan there sweet revenge!

The gags are pretty hit & miss but overall there's enough that hit the target to make this a fun,watchable crude humour style comedy very much in the same vein as the likes of - old school,sex drive ,american pie etc. - 7/10.

-

https://youtu.be/gCV8LX0Ktqc - demoted trailer.

[ 20. December 2015, 22:22: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Watched Kick-A$$ (2010) last night.

It was a good movie. Some might question the moral of the film but hey, it´s just another comic book film, not to be taken too seriously.
The cast did a very good job overall but of course Chloë Grace Moretz was phenomenal if i have to name one.

I see that the comic book is even more violent and i was shocked to find out (from the extras) that true legend, penciller John Romita Jr. added some nudity to the book! [Big Grin]

I've never got around to watching kick *** but it does look like a fun movie,i can remember hearing about the sequel that Jim carrey disowned it due to the violence in it!

[ 21. December 2015, 03:14: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Awesome documentary this concerning the rise and fall of cannon pictures which was run by israeli cousins menahem Golan and yoram globus,very informative and featuring loads of interviews from cannon films regulars,there's some neat little titbits of information here!

-

Standout moments for me apart from the many random cannon film clips were - an interview with actor Richard Chamberlain who reveals how awkward he found Sharon stone to work with on the two - king Solomon's mines films that they made together and the fact that no one on set actually seemed to like her,Alex winter (bill & Ted's) speaking very negatively about his experience of working on - death wish 3 and also the 1987 cannon picture - going bananas which originally had employed Clyde the orangutan from the Clint Eastwood every which way films but on the 2nd day of shooting he bit the young co star David mendenhall (over the top) on the hand so menahem Golan ended up replacing him with a midget in a rather bad looking ape suit.

-

some parts of the documentary are quite adult in nature as it doesn't try to shy away from the more sleazier entries in the cannon films library and features many a clip from - bolero,mata hari,death wish 2 (rape scene),happy hooker,lady Chatterley,etc.etc and also portrays a few people in a not particulary good light - both Michael winner and Sharon stone come off quite badly here as do menahem golan and yoram globus themselves to some extent!

well worth checking out - 8/10.

-

[ 28. December 2015, 12:46: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe i let that one slip by.. I need to check it out a.s.a.p. !

However, i did watch 42nd Street Memories; The Rise And Fall Of America's Most Notorious Street (2015).

It's an 82min. documentary in which filmmakers, writers, distributors etc reminisce about 42nd Street's glory days
(or not-so-glory days, depending on one's point of view of course).

Interviewees include Frank Henenlotter (Basket Case), William Lustig (Maniac), Jeff Lieberman (Squirm),
Joe Dante (Gremlins), Lloyd Kaufman (Troma), Terry Levene (distributor), 42nd Street Pete (After Hours Cinema),
Veronica Hart (legendary XXX star from the golden age), and several others.

It's basically just people telling stories, but it's good stuff and occasionally funny like when 42nd Street Pete tells
about the time he got stabbed with a screwdriver, or Henenlotter telling about some guy peeing up in the air.

42nd Street Memories can be found as a bonus feature on UK's Anthropophagous blu-ray from 88Films,
and in the US on Grindhouse Releasing's upcoming Pieces blu-ray.

A trailer has been on circulating on Youtube for several years. Check it out : www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzoX_OoHfO8

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched the Cannon documentary Electric Boogaloo.
It was good stuff and little better than the Go Go Boys but the pace was a bit too fast and the tone was quite negative.
Loved to see the old Cannon stars interviewed though.

My bro has the 42nd Street Memories documentary so i need to check it out one of these days.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"After spending two decades in England, Bill Bryson returns to the U.S., where he decides the best way to connect with his homeland is to hike the Appalachian Trail with one of his oldest friends."

What a wasted opportunity.  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
That 42nd street memories documentary looks really good johnny,these are what I'd also like to check out -

-

Have any of you guys checked out either of these before - crystal lake memories - the complete history of Friday the 13th which runs for a whopping 400 minutes and - never sleep again - the Elm street legacy which I've heard is a rather good 4 hour indepth look at the nightmare series

-

I really enjoyed the electric boogaloo doc. But you are right atomik it did skip past a lot of there movies as there was no mention of - exterminator 2,52 pick up,making the grade,the ambassador in fact there's absolutely loads more they could have covered!

It only run for 106 minutes which was not long enough to do the subject justice really.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Never Sleep Again on dvd. It's a great companion piece to the Elm Street collection, yes.

I have not seen the Crystal Lake Memories documentary, but i do have the book which is stunningly beautiful !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're both great, YW.
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched San Andreas (2015) the other night.

"In the aftermath of a massive earthquake in California, a rescue-chopper pilot makes a dangerous journey
with his ex-wife across the state in order to rescue his daughter." (IMDb)

I think that this was a very good disaster film. The sfx were awesome if you count out the first car crash sequence.
Dwayne Johnson did pretty good job and you can count on Paul Giamatti. The female cast Carla Gugino and Alexandra Daddario did ok.
You can see some Towering Inferno, Earthquake and 2012 in this one. I love the genre and this was a really good new entry.
Oh, and one more thing. The ending didn´t need that US flag.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

"An urban couple go camping in the woods and find themselves lost in the territory of a predatory black bear."

-

"Bound by a shared destiny, a teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor embark on a mission to unearth the secrets of a place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory."

-

"Based on the true story of Jordan Belfort, from his rise to a wealthy stock-broker living the high life to his fall involving crime, corruption and the federal government."

All very enjoyable.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

The older i get the more i like Peanuts [Smile] So, yesterday i went and saw The Peanuts Movie (2015) with my son.
I was surprised how good it was. It certainly had the old magic feel these films have.
Yes, it looks a bit different with new animation techniques but you get used to it pretty quickly.
It was dubbed in finnish but i didn´t mind, i think that they did a good job. Go and check it out people!

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Charles Schulz was a very smart man.

I believe his sons helped to write the new movie.

My favourite quote of all time is one of his;

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand".

Would not mind seeing this one.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Creed 8/10

Rocky Balboa was supposed to be the last time we would see Rocky on screen and it did it's job perfectly. Then along comes Creed and puts Rocky in the mentor role that Mickey once held. A great film that could well give Stallone an Oscar for best supporting actor.

Ding Ding Round Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a giant Peanuts fan and have passed that along to my two boys...the holiday specials are seen X10 for each season. First time at the movies for my youngest (3.5), so it was nice to go as a family....FYI...family of 4 to the movies...pretty much kills a $100 bucks!!! Sad.

Also seen Creed and loved it as well. Love the Rocky movies and nice to see Sly reprise this role. I also liked Rocky Balboa, however, Sly was just too beefed up....looked a little too freaky for me. So nice to see him toned down a bit. *And the Mr. T cameo was awesome......kidding!!!...didn't happen!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014).

We have another highly entertaining Marvel film here. The sfx are breathtaking and the cast is solid.
Delighted to see Robert Redford in this one, still very charismatic actor.
This is almost perfect stuff but i would have liked little more depth to the characters as well as to the story.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolfcop - I would say bear with the first 25 or so crappy minutes of this film. Because it does become such a good laugh after that with some smashing practical effects!
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolfcop, raising your horror movie standards, Helen? [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Bahaha! [Big Grin]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
What is the tag line?

Teacher by day, Wolfcop by night?

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Just received these on rental the Jason statham thriller - wild card which is a remake of sorts to the 1986 burt reynolds flick - heat,also sent through this 2014 comedy -

-

Let's be cops .

Not expecting too much from either one but I thought I'd give them a go as they might be better than what I'm thinking!

Anyone seen either of these two?

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Let's Be Cops at the theater. A friend took me for my birthday. I wasn't expecting much, but it was actually really funny. Not the greatest movie, but worth a watch.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home