iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 84)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the recommendation Helen. I especially enjoyed the first half an hour or so for 80's reasons ( I don't want to give anything away other than to say that).
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I thought it was pretty clever how they did that part.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"A documentary centered on a young man in Spain who claims to a grieving Texas family that he is their 16-year-old son who has been missing for 3 years."

-

"A young couple has a chance to move into a gorgeous duplex in the perfect New York neighborhood. All they have to do is bump off the current tenant, a cute little old lady."

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Iron Man 3 (2013) and it´s nice to see that this franchise still rocks.
Downey Jr. is worth every penny and Stephanie Szostak is superhot as one of the Extremis villains.
I liked the Tennessee scenes very much and the Malibu home attack was breathtaking. Good Stuff!

Szostak is hot!
 -

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

watched the 2014 romantic comedy - the rewrite starring hugh grant and marisa tomei a couple of weeks back,enjoyable little comedy this which while being nothing overly amazing passes away the time well enough and there's a couple of half decent laughs throughout.

-

it's actually quite a likeable film thinking about it and marissa tomei looks as beautiful as ever!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Lost Soul ; The Doomed Journey Of Richard Stanley's Island Of Dr. Moreau (2014)

Must-see documentary about the disastrous production hell of The Island Of Dr. Moreau (1996).
Priceless stories about conflicting ego's, most notably Marlon Brando's impossible on-set behaviour.

Highly recommended !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched that Dr. Moreau documentary too. I agree. It is excellent! It shows how the artistic spirit can be crushed by the corporate machine, poor location choices--and Brando and Val Kilmer, who come off as the two biggest jerks around. It's enlightening and sad yet entertaining, pretty much all you'd ever want in a documentary. I'm still wondering, though, why lead David Thewlis's name wasn't mentioned even once. I know that he has completely disassociated himself from the film and never talks about it. I wonder if they approached him, and he told them that he would take legal action if they said anything about him. That's the only thing I can think of.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard a million good comments for that this week!
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I've never seen the movie, but I'm a sucker for any type of documentary. I'll have to check it out.

-

High Fidelity (2000)

"Rob, a record store owner and compulsive list maker, recounts his top five breakups, including the one in progress."

Not as good as I'd remembered.  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Got sent this in the post today as my next rental - tokarev aka rage starring nicolas cage,Danny Glover and Peter stomare,not expecting a great deal from it to be honest but if it gives me an hour and a half of passable action entertainment I'll be more than satisfied!

https://youtu.be/KoREt4C6l3k - tokarev aka rage - trailer.

[ 27. August 2015, 11:10: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:

You're clothes. Give them to me!

I saw Whiplash on DVD - It is very good. J.K. Simmons is incredible - one of the best performances I have seen in a long time. It is one of those performances where the actor disappears and you actually believe that he is really like that. He has got some priceless comments too.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

watched a few lately - into the grizzly maze which is directed by saw 5 director david hackl and stars james marsden,thomas jane,scott glenn and billy bob thorton this was a real lot of fun,especially the final half hour which doesn't let up for a moment and is a right blast!

great bear attack scenes and a really o.t.t performance from billy bob thorton just add to the enjoyment,couple of negatives only being the odd suspect cgi effect here and there and i was thinking there was something else but no i think that was it.

if you like these man vs nature flicks give it a try as i thought it was a lot of fun!

https://youtu.be/vKoFtLoYZ_0 - into the grizzly maze trailer.

-

actually this wasn't the only killer bear flick that i've seen of late as i also watched - blackfoot trail aka backcountry a little while back which is based on a true story of a couple who venture out into the backwoods for a romantic getaway in which the guy plans on proposing to his girlfriend while overlooking a beautiful view he has pictured in his head from an old school trip out there as a youngster but it certainly doesn't go to plan!

for starters the breathtaking view is no longer there as it's all changed since all those years back,they then get lost with no means of contact or navigation and to top it all off they get stalked by a hungry black bear.

this is definitely more of a slow burner than - into the grizzly maze but it's also the more realistic of the 2,it's the best part of an hour before the bear makes his presence felt but the attack scene really carries some punch especially as you feel like you've really got to know these two charachters over the course of the movie.

shot on what i believe must have been a miniscule budget this is really well made man vs nature horror flick but it is one that you have to have a lot of patience with and while it beats - into the grizzly maze hands down for realism it's certainly not as much fun as that pic and certainly lacks the overall rewatchability of that film as well.

https://youtu.be/vweTi7eKotc - blackfoot trail aka back country trailer.

also watched

-

the 2003 danny devito black comedy our house but watched it under it's alternate title of - duplex,starring ben stiller and drew barrymore i was surprised by how much i enjoyed this one.

this was a pretty good laugh actually though it does get more than a little silly in places but you can tell that is intentional on director danny devito's part and it just adds to the fun of it!

https://youtu.be/YYOCxal2PXs - duplex aka our house trailer.

-

the 2014 teen comedy - behaving badly starring selena gomez,natt wolff,mary-louise parker,elisabeth shue,dylann mcdermott,gary busey,heather graham and cary elwes this was another one i had little hope for especially after the pretty lame opening few minutes but it picked up quick and had some genuinely funny moments throughout,great cast as well and seeing elisabeth shue provocatively dressed as a maneater was worth the cheap pick up price alone.

in all truth the film is a bit of mess but it's still good fun and well worth a cheap purchase or rental!

https://youtu.be/9CMZYm3y54g - behaving badly trailer.

[ 27. August 2015, 10:30: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

watched tokarev aka the rage starring nicolas cage and an aged danny glover,been some while since i've seen danny glover in anything new and i think the last thing i watched him in was predator 2 a few months back and he definitely looks like he has aged a lot not that matters or anything as we all age and none of us stay young forever just that i was slightly taken back by it a bit!

-

as for the film tokarev or the rage or whatever you want to call it compared to a lot of nicolas cage's latest direct to dvd outings it's not to bad and appart from the odd annoying quick cut action scene ala steven seagal it passed the time quickly enough and had a pretty good twist in the tale.

not a bad 90 minutes or so of direct to dvd action which is at least worth a rental especially for any nicolas cage or danny glover (though his role is relatively small) fans out there!

https://youtu.be/KoREt4C6l3k - tokarev aka the rage trailer.

-

[ 27. August 2015, 11:25: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:

You're clothes. Give them to me!
[Eek!] I will not!
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Haha. I love how Arnie says that.

I just noticed that I wrote you're instead of your. Man, my English is getting bad.

[ 28. August 2015, 23:45: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans (2009) last night.
It was a fantastic, hilarious and crazy comedy disguised as a mainstream thriller.
Loved Nic Cage as a cop with a severe back pain. He just wanders around and does crazy things and if he sees any drugs, he grabs it with both hands [Big Grin]
Gotta give credit to director Herzog and the whole cast. Highly recommended but you have to have an open mind.

Cage: "Why the f*** are there lizards on the table?" Kilmer: "There´s no lizards on the table".
 -

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I really enjoyed that too!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Count me in also I thought that bad lieutenant:port of call new Orleans was a great film.

Have you seen - Joe with Nicolas cage from 2013,I thought he was terrific in that,it's a really bleak well made drama which is well worth hunting down if you've never seen it.

I've watched a few lately -

-

Zulu from 2013 starring orlando bloom and forest whitaker this was a pretty decent thriller set in Cape town with orlando bloom and forest whitaker investigating the murder of a young white woman which leads them to a violent drugs gang that are pushing a new deadly drug to the streets of south Africa.

Tense little thriller which is very adult In nature with no shortage of nudity and brutal violence,well worth checking out and great performances from both the male leads.

-

I'd imagine this is the sort of film that would split a lot of people's opinions down the middle,it's pretty way out there and I can see it not being to everyone's taste but I got to say after some doubts from watching the trailer I ended up really quite liking it.

I watched this last night as a blu ray rental and I wouldn't mind picking this up,I've never really seen Daniel radcliffe in anything before as I've never been much into the harry potter franchise,I've seen the odd bit of harry potter here and there and in all truth they seem very well made but it's just something that's never really interested me!

Anyhow I thought he was pretty good here,also in the cast is James remar,David Morse,heather Graham and Kathleen Quinlan - This 2013 Horror fantasy is well
Worth a look and I think for many it will be a bit of a love it or hate it affair!

-

Watched the 2014 horror thriller - the town that dreaded sunndown which is a remake/sequel of sorts to the 1976 original which I have never seen (but would like to) this was actually pretty decent with a really great atmosphere,some realistic looking and very brutal kill scenes plus some gratuitous nudity thrown in for good measure I could imagine most old school slasher fans liking this one!

I read prior to viewing that the ending was a bit disappointing with it's daft Scooby doo like unveiling of the phantom killer and I've got to say yeah i definitely agree,it does make all that has gone before it seem pretty improbable and the final twist in the tale for me just does not ring true!

I actually purchased this one on DVD for just over 6 UK pounds and despite the slightly disappointing ending it was well worth the purchase.

[ 06. September 2015, 08:34: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Eureka released the original The Town That Dreaded Sundown in uk so it´s easily available. My bro just bought it and i´m definitely going to check it out.
The remake sounds good too and Zulu is another one i want to see.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I liked Horns, parts disturbing, parts hilarious!
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Maniac (2012) - Oh no, this didn't work at all. You hardly ever saw Elijah Wood, the majority of the film was from his viewpoint. Yes, it happened in the original but nowhere near to that extent. It was really lame. Did not have all the grime of the orig, the CGI scalping at the beginning looked crap and I was constantly checking the time during the second half. Just no.
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Appleseed Alpha (2014) yesterday on Netflix. Good plot, and the animation is superb - one of the best crafted anime movies I've ever seen.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Went to see the latest Disney/Pixar flick Inside Out (2015) with my son yesterday.

"After young Riley is uprooted from her Midwest life and moved to San Francisco, her emotions -
Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness - conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house, and school." (IMDb)

I really liked the idea in this one and the animation looked nice but i can´t understand how this could cost 175 000 000 $...
Although there´s typical Disney/Pixar humour to be found every now and then, Inside Out is basically quite a melancholic film.

-

Alien
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37378

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Alien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Unstoppable (2010)

Not bad.

MOD EDIT - be sensible about the size of images you link to, please.

[ 09. September 2015, 08:08: Message edited by: P_a_u_l ]

Posts: 21 | From: Long Beach, California | Registered: Jun 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
[Eek!]
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home