iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a party here tonight, and missed the beginning, I did see the recap though- but a still missed a few of them even then.

I did like Adam- he is really good looking-I liked that look he had going tonight...has anyone said if he is gay or not? My mom keeps asking me, like I should know or something-but I haven't heard for sure. I wondered if anyone knew?

I thought Lil Rounds looked awesome, I loved her hair and that dress she wore was so cute on her.
She wears really cute clothes.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam and Allison for top props.....chopping block....Michael and Megan Joy....should be Scott, but I think he'll slide through a few more rounds on some pity votes.....really hard to dislike the guy, but vocals are not strong enough...he should try a mellow Billy Joel Song..."And So It Goes", "She's Always A Woman To Me", etc...might buy him some praise.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i laid eyes on adam tonight, i thought i was looking at elvis. adam was the best, and did a great version of tracks of my tears...totally impressed me again.

scott, michael and megan were no good. lil rounds wasn't good either, IMO. i love the song she sang though, but i agreed with the judges, when you have such a big voice, the fast paced songs don't work that great unless you can really belt them out.

kris and adam, once again were my faves.

allison did a good job too. her voice is kind of low sometimes, to the point where i can't understand some words she sings...she sounds better when lets her voice soar.

i thought anoop was ok, but not that great.
as for danny, i thought his performance was not as bad as some, but definitely nowhere near as good as others. he's slipping further each week.

matt did good too, and started the night off very well. hope he keeps it up.

did you all see olivia newton-john in the audience??? looks like another victim of plastic surgery...it doesn't suit her.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's funny you should say that adam reminded you of elvis ? my mom said that to me yesterday too? he did kind of look like a young elvis last night and i thought he was excellent myself i also thought lil rounds did yell the song too!! my top three are still adam, danny and allison i thought megan was terrible and out of tune alot!!i think megan will leave tonight? anoop will last another week or so.
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching on TV right now, so here's my immediate thoughts..

Mat Giraud - pretty good, his falsetto is fantastic.

Kris Allen - meh, kind of dull, he sang it well but it was very "musak" to me. Kara really loved it tho.

Blindy - Oh dear. I get the feeling he was only just barely remembering the words, or struggling to keep up with the tempo. He was just slightly "out" for the whole performance. I enjoyed the backup singers, I've never seen anyone on Idol (US or Oz) bring them to the fore like that.

Megan Joy - Firstly, I wanna say I really love Megan's cool style. Sweet zombie jesus Megan, what have you done? The song spends too much time in her lower register. It picks up about halfway when she's standing behind the judges, but it's not enough. Pitchy in places, not right for her voice, I hate to say I didn't like it.

Anoop Desai - very smooth. Very nice held notes, great falsetto and some nice runs. Best of the night so far.

Michael Sarver - No one can do "Ain't too proud to beg" on Idol as good as George Huff back in the day. Michael hits the notes, but the performance just didn't grab me. Maybe he just doesn't have a soul, I don't know. Paula put it right, it was kinda Vegas-y. Thanks Paula, you can be forever my girl! Michael looks a lot like my best mate too, just thought I'd share!

Lil Rounds - I always think of "Sister Act" when I hear "Heatwave". A couple of slightly bum notes early on, but lots of fun, and she looked smokin'! I enjoyed this one, this style of music really suits Lil's voice. The judges are right - we all know she can sing, but she needs to do more to hold her place in the contest.

Adam Lambert - Adam's starting to grow on me, last week was the first time I enjoyed his performance. Wow, he's so handsome with his hair like that! A beautiful performance. Heartfelt but not over the top. Another guy with a fantastic falsetto. That final note was a killer! I can't get over how good he looks. I hope he cuts his hair to show his face more.

Gokey - I must have been immunized as a kid against Gokey Fever. I do love this song, especially the version by The Proclaimers. More and more each week I'm getting a Taylor Hicks vibe from Gokey, in that he's got talent but he's a one trick pony who is inexplicably popular. He has that soulful sound to his voice, but there's no soul behind it. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's too clean and Christian to put some sex into his performance... I'm sure you know what I mean!

Alison Irehita - Alison has more soul at 16 than Danny has at nearly twice her age. Definately the best female performance of the night. This girl is a real contender!

This was a fun show. I loved Simon for drawing a mustache on Paula's face! Oh Olivia Newton John, what have you done to your face?

Definately safe - Anoop, Adam, Danny, Alison
Should be in bottom 3 - Blindy, Megan, Michael Sarver. However, I don't think America will put Blindy in the bottom 3 just yet (who wants to kick a blind man when he's down?), so Kris may possibly join Megan and Michael.

As much as I love her, I think it will be the end of the line for Megan. 2 bad performances in 2 weeks, plus that "Rockin Robin" performance (which I liked), I think she's used up all the goodwill she had in store.

PS ... why was it a day late this week?

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a day late cause the pres had another media address or some such crap.

I think the bottom three should be Scott, Michael and Megan. I missed Lil's performance but my mom didn't like it either, Ronnie. She said she wasn't as good as she should've been.

My fave was, once again, Kris! Also liked Danny, Matt and Alison.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi stitch it was a day late here because the president was on tuesday night at 8;00 p.m. i didn't watch him but i know he was on.
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am bummed that I missed Olivia Newton John-I have always loved her. I just watched Grease and Xanadu, and she was so pretty-even though Xanadu is so weird...she was gorgeous in that movie- I loved her clothes. She had never had plastic surgery before, but she must have broken down. She is 60. It is not fun getting older, it doesn't matter how good looking you were, you get old. I want to watch tonight and see the recap , since I missed most of it. I thought Adam looked like Elvis too.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's mi picks for last nights winners based on the quality of there vocals...

Allison Iraheta - She is awesome!
Mat Giraud - Very good voice.
Danny Gokey - Bad song choice but still did well.
Adam Lambert - Actually wasn't bad for once. I know a lot of you really like this kid, but, I just don't get it. He usually screams in a high pitch voice that is annoying and way over the top. He is WAY over-hyped... Yes he DID look a LOT like young Elvis.

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kris is safe, yay! I'm really surprised Matt's in the bottom three though. I thought he did a good job.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt was a surprise to be in the bottom 2. He definitely didn't deserve to be there.

Thankfully Michael is finally going home.

Hopefully it will be Scott next week. I feel his luck is running out.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I hated that song that Josh Stone and Smokey Robinson did- it was awful, he has so many good songs he could have done, that was a total mess. I never heard of her, she was terrible.

I can't believe they got Stevie Wonder to
come on as a guest.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joss Stone has that cool jazzy sound that Megan Joy has. I't something I wouldn't buy but she sounds goods.

[ 26. March 2009, 21:10: Message edited by: Sammy Hain Invasion ]

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
joss stone does have a distinct voice and has collaborated with a lot of older, popular singers such as smokey. i don't buy her music, but she's got a good voice.

no surprise that michael went home, but i am shocked that scott was safe before matt was. weird.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

IMHO Scott is receiving the sympathy vote right now because of his blindness. I don't think he can sustain that for much longer. The talent level is getting too deep.
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joss Stone sounded good, but the song was so dull and deathly boring!

I really love Megan Joy but I was suprised she wasn't in the bottom 3, let alone eliminated. Hopefully Blindy will be the next to go.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i was surprised megan wasn't in the bottom three either? i wasn't really surprised about michael going though i think scott will be gone next week too!! matt is okay and chris is okay but i will be surprised if either win in the end!!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

anybody have any idea what the category is for tonight? Curious to know what kind of songs to be expecting so I can make a preshow prediction.

I'm really hoping that Scott goes home this week. His act has got pretty boring and mundane

pettyfan
Member # 2260

I don't know--they usually tell at the end of Wednesday's show (or Thursday in last week's case) but this time they didn't. I guess it'll be a surprise. I hope it's something good.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Poor Danny

First his wife died now he just lost his grandfather too

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/155330/danny-gokey-suffers-another-tragic-loss/

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Anoop--Not digging this one at all. Not a good way to start off the show. Could be in danger.

Megan Joy--another shaky performance. So far tonight's show isn't going over so well. Also could be in danger. I want her real phone number

Danny--Definitely the best so far tonight. But still not great in my opinion. Definitely safe.

Allison--Liking this song. Might be biased because I love this song. My favourite so far for tonight. Song fit her pretty good I thought.

Scott--Awful. Great song that he butchered. Unfortunately he'll probably skate by again this week. Judges liked it though.

Matt--not crazy about this one either. Nobody is blowing me away this week. A lot of people in serious contention of being in the bottom three so far.

Lil--Lil and her big voice is BACK!!!!! I agree with the judges though that it still wasn't a good song for her. Will be safe though. She's looking hotter and hotter every week though.

Adam--Going to do 'Play That Funky Music'??? This should be a treat. Adam being Adam which is always a good thing.

Kris--finally started to get a little bit of that Kris vibe tonight that others have been having for awhile. Definitely safe.

On the chopping block: Anoop, Megan & Matt

Going home: Megan [Frown]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I actually really liked the song Anoop did-I never heard it before, I want to look it up...is it called "Twisted"...I know it was by Usher.

I think Adam is very cool....he's so energetic.

I was so irritated with the Judges, I hate when they say that was the wrong song choice...that was the song that they picked to do, and they must like it...so when they tell them...that's not you...they are labeling these people, and shouldn't they be allowed to do all different varieties of stuff?

I really liked Kris.

I thought they all did good.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I found the song...it is called "Caught Up".

I like that song.

Weird.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_suijMZoXs

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I think I liked Anoop doing it even better than Usher.
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home