iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, just watched the results show. Sorry to see Alexis go, I liked her a lot.

It was nice to hear Carrie Underwood sing in tune for a change. For her entire season, she almost always sang sharp, it just grated on my ears so badly, and I can never forgive her for that.

Even though Carrie's song was really good, I'd still much rather listen to Kelly Clarkson. Carrie is still too robotic for my taste, Kelly has a personality, is a fun chick and puts feeling into her songs. "My life would suck without you" is an ace song, as is the entire album, especially "whyyawannabringmedown" and "Long shot".

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was very sad to see alexis go she was one of my favorite's from the start!!! michael is good but i think alexis was better myself and she wasn't boring!! i think the judges should have saved her last night? so now i will be routing for adam, allison and danny carrie's song was okay like i said before not much of a country lover at all.
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, I really like Bucky Convington's A Different World song. I know Carrie sang the same song w/Randy Travis when she was inducted into the Opry but I don't know if it's ever been released. I'm sorry I wasn't sad to see Alexis go. Just wasn't. Sorry.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
carrie sang I TOLD YOU SO by randy travis at the opry by herself and he loved it. i see the video performance on CMT in the mornings, when i get ready for work.

they've released the song together as a duet.

beautiful song. it's also on carrie's last cd.

[ 19. March 2009, 13:51: Message edited by: Ronnie ]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next week they are doing 50 years of Motown- so it should have some good music.

My mom was saying to me about the Kayne West thing...what happened to singers like The Temptations, and all those Doo Wop songs that were good music, how could it evolve from really great stuff, to now people hear this kind of stuff and say they like it, she says she could see if it was reversed...but there use to be really good music in the 50's and the 60's, with very touching lyrics about love, and they were romantic, and put you in a good mood. That's what's goofed up with today's stuff...that Kayne songs put me in a horrible mood.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen to songs like "My Girl", and " Ain't to Proud to Beg", or the soundtrack to "Mischief", and you'll know what I mean about good songs.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah but you say that about pretty much everything post 1989. Your not the target age audience the average hip hop star aims for. People my grandparents' age said the same thing about the kind of music you prefer........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like Kanye's music either, but there is a lot of really good music out there, unfortunately not a lot of it makes the charts.

Jenny Lewis, Sheryl Crow, Shawn Colvin, The Bird and the Bee, The Avett Brothers.... I know you know Sheryl Crow, but I'd recommend everyone check out the others.

Lady Gaga's new album reminds me a lot of the vibe I got from Paula Abdul's "Forever your girl" album.

I remember listening to my albums back in the 80's and my folks saying how their music from the 60's and 70's was so much better. Some of it was, coz there sure was a lot of trash in the 80's.

All eras of music have their good and their bad. There's nothing wrong with being a fan of any era, neither is there anything wrong with liking music across multiple decades. Music from the 80's will always have a special place in my warmest memories, but I couldn't imagine my life if I wasn't keeping up with current music.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
I just wanna say too that I did kind of like Michael Sarver as a person, but after his comment to Simon (when Simon said he didn't understand a word of the song) that "real" Americans would understand it - that was such a stupid thing to say and I'd say it lost him quite a few fans.

Now instead of thinking he was a decent, fairly talented guy, he's just shown himself to be the "roughneck" he is.

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i must have missed that part stitch i didn't hear any of that? your right though it was not a good thing for michael to say at all!!! now i really wish they would have saved alexis lol!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
He said that "Country Folk" would understand what he was saying.

Personally I have had it up to my neck with Rednecks, and "Country Folk". So, he doesn't do nothing for me now, after acting like that.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So now your marginalizing rednecks/country folk? What's wrong with them?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is too short for bickering people!!! [Smile]

Live, love, forget...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Forget what? Vague unthinking statements that marginalize groups of people?
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I think that comments just need to be thought about. Everyone needs to chill thank you.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya Motley... [Wink]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
You don't know what I meant by that...I said I personally have had it with Country Folk- and that means me personally- I have been dealing with a group of "individuals" for the past 7 years, and this past week has been a big giant pain to me and my family, because of "country folk", and it would take me probably 7 years to explain it...so if I have had it with a group of "rednecks"....then that's what I am talking about.

The dude from American Idol has nothing to do with that 1 statement...except for the fact that
I don't care for him now either for acting all
smart mouthed- which is exactly what I am sick of. I wonder why.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused]
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to hearing Kris sing tonight.... [Smile]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Michael could be in danger tonight. Don't think Motown will be his strong point and considering he was close to going last week it doesn't look good for him. The rest I feel with the right song could pull off a Motown song much better than him. A Scott elimination wouldn't be the worst thing either.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Looking forward to hearing Kris sing tonight.... [Smile]

absolutely [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Ah and what a Kris performance it was... [Big Grin] [Wink] Poor Scott. Not so good IMO.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Ah and what a Kris performance it was... [Big Grin] [Wink] Poor Scott. Not so good IMO.

my reviews will be coming up immediately following the show. Have my first three reviews in Notepad. Can't wait to hear Megan coming up next [Smile]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Sam, you may be right about Michael. Not so good.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Matt--'Let's Get It On' not an easy song to sing and I feel he did an admirable job. Nice beginning to the show and gives the rest something to shoot for.

Kris--'How Sweet It Is' Not bad. My favourite performance of his so far but I still don't get the overall appeal of this guy. The judges seem to like him but I'm just not feeling it. Should be safe.

Scott--'You Can't Hurry Love' Sorry but I'm getting more and more bored with him every week. I totally agree with Simon.

Megan Joy--'For Once In My Life' very disappointing performance from her. That wasn't very good. I have a bad feeling for her right now. I do have mad love for her.

Anoop--'Oooh Baby Baby' not my favourite but still pretty good

Michael--'Ain't Too Proud To Beg' The door just opened up for Megan. He was as horrible as I was expecting.

Lil--'Heatwave'disappointed in her song choice. When I heard it was Motown week I was expecting to hear Lil do a nice soul song instead of something so uptempo. Will be safe but I feel she's starting to lose some of her edge.

Adam--'Tracks Of My Tears' once again all I can say is WOW. He showed off his diversity tonight. Remarkable.

Danny--'Get Ready' It was OK but nothing special. He will be safe but he needs to step up his game.

Allison--'Papa Was A Rolling Stone' Very nice. Strong performance.

My guess for the chopping block: Michael & Megan Joy

Going Home: Michael

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home