iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked jenn better then kristin myself i thought jenn had a better voice as far as jamal he should have stayed also that was dumb he has a good voice too!! tatiana should have been gone along with the comedian nick they are both annoying and i think they just kept them because of the way they act? i wanted to choke tatiana last night with her screaming she is pitiful!!! i am glad scott the blind guy stayed and most of the others i like, matt, michael, brett, jasmine, alexis, and scott should be interesting to see next week's show? oh and yes nathan is a drama queen but he does have a good voice he needs to stop whining and crying so much though you are right!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok now i believe they are keeping tatiana just to get people to tune in every week, because she obviously sucks...

poor jamal.. i like him better than his friend. that sucked. [Frown]
they kept the blind guy too???? sorry, don't agree with that either. he's just ok to me.

out of the 2 blonde girls, i see what simon was saying about having "the look" the girl that went home, definitely had a presence, where the other gal may have had a better voice, i think the judges were right about her identity issue.
they want people who have a presence about themselves..
i just try to imagine some of these people on stage, before the audience, performing actual songs. they might have good voices, but can they perform as well?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the blind man's voice is that great either. I think it is amazing that he taught himself to play the piano/keyboard, and he seems really nice-but I didn't think his voice was great- he sounded a little better with music.

When it gets down to America voting, they do make it about everything else, other than singing, so I bet Tatiana is around alot longer than she ever should be.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was interesting last night when Jamar got back to the waiting room and said he didn't make it and all the stunned looks around the room. Then when tatiana came back and said she made it nobody seemed to care even though everybody else all night who made it got applause, cheers and high fives.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam, my mom and I noticed that too! I don't think the other contestants much like her. And Ronnie's right--what are some of them gonna do next week when they have to get on stage and actually perform? Scream and cry?? I'm just waiting for someone to b!tch slap Tatiana or tell her to shut up!!! I have a feeling that she'll be another Sanjaya (sp??). She'll last way longer than she should cause she'll get a following of weirdos (I'm sorry but she is) like her.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, is his name jamal or jamar??
i know, i think everyone was shocked about that, sam.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His name is Jamar
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Just read this interesting development concerning Idol contestant Joanna Paccitti who was voted as one of the Final 36 on last night's show and her now getting subsequently booted from the competition.

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/34934/news/urn:newsml:tv.tvguide.com:20090212:1002799__ER:1

I think this was a good decision as she already had her chance at stardom and failed miserably. Plus she was one of those who constantly flubbed her lines in Hollyweird. The only bad thing is that they're bringing Felicia back instead of Jamar.

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The show is definitely "fixed" this time around. The fact that they let Jamar go proves it. EVERYONE in the room was STUNNED when he got cut. What does that tell you? I still think that his friend Danny Gokey (the one that reminds my of Robert Downey junior) is better than Jamar vocally, but, they shouldn't have come close to cutting him. That Tatiana chick is a whack job.

It's obvious they are doing it for the ratings. They had better watch it though because they are p1ssing people off...

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree jdocster there are a couple that should have not stayed their voices are not that good?? i actually do not think the show is that good this year at all myself getting old and lame really! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This show seriously needs to end already...It hasn't had a decent season for years now...and they are ALL fixed.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll try it again tonight and see what happens. It IS getting lame though...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Is anybody else not able to watch the show right now? The screen on my TV on Fox went blank right when they were talking to Anoop Desai. The rest of the channels are working so I know it's not my TV or my cable. So I figured it was either nationwide or maybe just with my FOX affiliate.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Must have been a problem with my FOX affiliate because now the show is back on and Stephen Fowler is singing. So we here missed whatever happened between Anoop and Stephen.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the whole thing without any problems. They all stunk, except for Alexis and Danny. The rest of them were terrible. Tatiana wasn't that bad, but she is so self centered. I agreed 100% on every single thing Simon said about everyone.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i still have 20 mins of the show left here...and it's horrible.
with the exception of a couple of people, the rest seemed as if they forgot how to sing.

*shrug*

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I saw Danny and Alexis and thought they were both really good. I was disappointed in Anoop as he was one of my favourites going into tonight. Jackie also disappointed me. I missed Casey, Michael and some other chick while my screen was blank. I thought Stevie was OK but her song was a poor choice..

I'm pretty sure that Danny will win the mens vote and Alexis the womens vote and I hope Anoop gets the wildcard as I feel he has the most potential.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

there were a couple of people i liked at the very beginning.. alexis and brent (the first country guy)..the rest were crap.

and i do not see what everyone sees in danny. i can't get into him as of now.. don't like his voice, i guess.

the 2nd country guy..michael, i think? he was bad, stephen, the guy who did michael jackson was really bad, and stevie, the young girl who sang some taylor swift song, was definitely the worst.

they chose horrible songs to sing!

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

sam, casey sang 'every little thing she does is magic' and she sucked..badly. she looked gorgeous though.

anoop could have been better.. again, poor choice of song.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i do like casey and jackie but i agree they picked the wrong songs last night!! i thought stevie was okay? i did like alexis, brent, michael, and danny although i think danny and michael should try some rock maybe nickelback songs tatiana was okay i still don't care for her at all i don't think she is that good and her dress was brutal!! lol i also agreed with everything simon said last night!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I thought the song Brent picked was horrible and as soon as he announced what song he was going to sing I knew the judges would hate it.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i like brent's voice but i hate country music so i didn't care for his song last night either!! i just noticed jack has not been here in a while is he on vacation or something? just wondering? dee
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I thought alot of the contestants had bad attitudes, and were kind of rude. The girl that annoyed me the most, is Jackie, she was a mess, her outfit was horrendous. Casey's voice was awful, she had some strange things she was doing with her mouth. I like Danny....I like his personality the best, I don't think he's an out of this world singer- but his voice is different than everyone else's.

Sometimes Paula gets to talking and you have no idea where she is going with it, or what she's even talking about.

I think Tatiana has multiple personality disorder....I couldn't believe how calm she was last night...I can semi understand how a person can get all giddy and goofy and act totally out of the norm for themselves when they are put in a situation like that, but I remember her from when she auditioned, and she kept holding her hand to her heart- like begging and pleading, and then she kept doing a weird thing, like she was blowing a kiss, with sticking her hand to her mouth...but not actually blowing a kiss-it was like a weird guesture I never saw anyone ever do.

She will end up all over the place now...if she is as crazed for attention as she comes across...she'll end up all over the tabloids.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

bad attitudes/rude? you mean last night's group or this season overall?
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I was very disappointed in last night's episode. I liked Brent, Michael and Danny. I think they forgot how to sing, too, Ronnie! Normally I like Stephen but he was horrible lastn night. Maybe next week's batch will be better.

About Tatiana--I don't like her, but she can sing okay. She's just so...annoying...

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home