iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about the big bearded guy who was classically trained in singing who came out and sang Aretha and was horrible?

I liked the last gal who sang who was a tornado victim. I'm thinking she'll make it far in the competition.

I thought the guy with the two cheerleaders was embarrassing and cringeworthy, I'm glad they changed their mind on him.

The guy who just recently lost his wife has a chance to make it a ways in the competition too.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only saw the first hour last night. I liked the bald guy with the dark beard...he was a welder I think. Didn't see the tornado victim. The classically trained guy was horrid.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the huge lady with the trailer park style teeth.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was missing parts of it tonight, cause I was talking on the phone through part of it.

The guy at the end who had the sick mother...what was the illness that the mother had? That was kind of an odd relationship.

I missed the guy singing Bohemian Rhapsody-that they said was one of the best they have heard. Was he that good?

What was with that girl who brought her CD and she kept giggling...what was with the hand guestures? She was a weird one.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait 'til tonight, it's so cool that we get it only 24 hours after you guys
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That first lady was so annoying. Can't believe she got her golden ticket.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can't believe they let that girl from puerto rico in with her book? she was pretty but very annoying especially her laugh!!!! the young guy who sang bohemian rhapsody was good his name is adam, the guy at the end with the sick mom was very good too what i heard is that his mom has seizures ? don't know the name of her illness though i only thought these two were very good out of all the ones i saw last night, there was some real strange ones on last night for sure, i am thinking that adam may be another david cook have to wait and see he is also playing in the show wicked now for a year and a half so he has experiance!! dee [Wink] [Cool] [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sammy Reign In Blood Hain:
That first lady was so annoying. Can't believe she got her golden ticket.

Oh she was SOOOO horrible!! That laugh! Ugh!

The guy at the end--his mom has seizures. I thought he was pretty good.

I liked the Bohemian Rhapsody guy. I thought he was good. Overall, I wasn't too impressed with San Fran's talent.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't understand the judges sometimes.

they will pass someone who obviously won't make it to the top 12..why waste their time and hopes???

but then there are people who have decent voices and the judges don't like something about them...the way they're dressed or the way they beg to be let through...and they shoot them down, badly.

to be honset, i didn't like anyone from san fransisco. some were ok..like the guy who sang bohemian rhapsody and the guy at the very end with the ill mother... but none of them were too great at all.

tonight, they are in kentucky. hopefully it's better than last night's episode.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too think they set them up for disappointment. It's a shame... I think Nick should try out for American Idol... Nick? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't really think anyone was great tonight.

Every one always has a tragic story, every time we know a sad story is coming...my mom and I always quote "Raising Arizona"...when the guy in prison says:

"When there was no fowl, we ate crawdads."

"When there was no crawdads to be found , we ate sand."

"Ya ate what?"

"We ate sand"

"You ate Sand?

"That's right"

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I thought the talent in Louisville was much better than San Fransisco.

I really liked the last girl. Of the four auditions they've had so far I see her as having the best chance of making it far in the competition.

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Louisville's talent was so much better. What got me was when the guy who sang the George Jones song told them to "be careful" and Paula freaked. I'm from the south and we tell each other that all the time. I didn't think it was all threatening or whatever.

The last girl was really good. I also liked the guy whos sang the Bad Company song.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I thought the "becareful" guy was several bricks shy of a full load. There was something majorly wrong with him. That's what I don't understand either, is how they ever let him through, except to make fun of him.

I say Becareful to people if the weather is bad, or if they are going on a long trip...not just when they are sitting in a chair, so that's why it sounded a little weird...but coming from him...it probably was about the most normal thing he did say.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the last girl that sang was awesome!

the situation with the guy that said "be careful" i thought that paula and simon over reacted a tad. people say be careful to me all the time, ..rain or shine. but then again, paula has had issues with stalkers and such, so i can see her concern. but watching it on tv, it didn't look or sound like a threat at all.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I feel Paula and Simon both over reacted to the 'Be Careful' comment. Didn't seem threatening to me but the guy was kind of creepy looking which I feel probably was more of the cause of Simon and Paula's reaction.

The guy who drank from Paula's straw was pretty horrible and the first girl who sang has the problem of a family that keeps telling her she can sing; sorry mom and dad it's time you tell your daughter the truth.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the new judge (can't remember her name) was pretty cold to one girl. Remember she asked her if she was joking... I felt really bad for that girl. They really don't have to trample on them so much...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh my gosh- that guy that drank from Paula's drink, that was too weird for words.

And, I agree about the blonde girl at the beginning, I couldn't believe her mother started doing some kind of groove thing with swaying her head back and forth-when the girl started singing again...it was horrible.

The girl that Kara said that too, about being voted most humorous in school- that girl was doing all kinds of weird moves and sang awful, and it really did seem very awkward....sometimes you know that people are coming in there just to be seen on TV, and to say they were on American Idol...that's what alot of them are doing, it's the people that really think they can sing, and they can't, and they don't seem to understand it...that's the ones that you feel sorry for.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there were definitely some strange ones last night lol i did like the last girl that sing she has a great voice and i like the guy that sang bad company also i think his name was brad? and matt also i believe the girl at the end that sang so well was latisha or tanicia something like that? i still can't believe that guy drank from paula's straw how rude!! can't wait to see what happens next tuesday now lol!! dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The last girl, sang her own song...she said it was called "Natty"...I kind of liked it too, I couldn't understand any of the words she was singing, but it had a cute beat to it, and was different.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i couldn't understand her words either isis but it did have a good beat to it! i still don't know how the judges understood her song? but it sounded good lol!
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
I think the new judge (can't remember her name) was pretty cold to one girl. Remember she asked her if she was joking... I felt really bad for that girl. They really don't have to trample on them so much...

In fairness to Kara, it did seem like a joke audition, and those judges would have to sit through a hell of a lot of joke auditions. You could see that Kara felt terrible when she realised she'd hurt the girl's feelings.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
I hear you, but, I don't think so. I think Kara was trying to be a smart @ss and it backfired on her. Then, she apologized. That's how it looked to me. Maybe I was wrong. [Smile]
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Here's an article about Louisville golden ticket winner Joanna Pacitti

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/123306/is-joanna-pacitti-the-next-carly-smithson/

She definitely does not deserve to be on American Idol. The show should be embarrassed for letting her on.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
I don't know Sammy... I think she has a good voice... No?
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home