iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was surprised at last night's results show. when ryan sent allison and danny over the safe side.. i was like "are you kidding me???" i'm dispappointed. i think danny and allison are nowhere near as good as adam and kris,..vocally anyway.

but i think they would all make good albums...except for danny maybe? i can't listen to him sing for very long.

yay next wee is rock and roll!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first week I like Matt and he goes.

Maybe I should like Allison next time [Wink]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:
The first week I like Matt and he goes.

Maybe I should like Allison next time [Wink]

[Big Grin] yes you should! haha j/k
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Allison gets voted off before Kris and/or Danny I'm holding both of you responsible.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so difficult to pick who'll go next. In a perfect world, Gokey will get the boot next, followed by Kris, leaving an Adam/Alison finale.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Stitch, in a perfect world KRIS will win! [Wink] [Smile]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank goodness it isn't a perfect world [Big Grin]

BTW this was addressing Petty's perfect world [Wink]

[ 02. May 2009, 05:03: Message edited by: It's Sam, Mr. Hain If You're Nasty ]

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Sam....I just don't know why you don't just love Kris like Ronnie and I do. [Wink]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I was just thinking...would it be self indulgent if the theme was going to be Elvis Costello week and Allison sang "Allison"? or even creepy if one of the others would sing it?

or how about if the theme was Irish Standards and Danny or somebody else sang "Danny Boy"?

[Big Grin]

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by It's Sam, Mr. Hain If You're Nasty:
I was just thinking...would it be self indulgent if the theme was going to be Elvis Costello week and Allison sang "Allison"? or even creepy if one of the others would sing it?

or how about if the theme was Irish Standards and Danny or somebody else sang "Danny Boy"?

[Big Grin]

If the theme was to sing songs with someone's name in the title, Alison could sing "Allison" (or "Veronica" keeping with Elvis Costello)
Hokey Gokey could sing "Danny Boy"

I'd love to hear Adam sing "Jenny 8675309"

Not sure about Kris, I like his singing but he doesn't have the personality. Even Hokey has a personality - as despicable as it is.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Are you ready to rock!!!!!!

Slash is the mentor!!!!!!!

Hopefully Allison does some Janis Joplin, Kris could be in trouble with this genre and Danny will probably sing some boring overplayed simple rock song like "Old Time Rock N Roll", Adam who knows what he'll do but I can almost guarantee it will be incredible.

They also said they'll be doing duets tonight....COOL

Adam--"Whole Lotta Love" a Led Zeppelin song Freaking A!!!!!! This is KILLER. Not many people can compare to the vocals of Robert Plant but Mr Adam Lambert doesn't play second fiddle.

Allison--"Crybaby" my dreams came true she's doing some Janis. Everytime I hear her voice I picture Ms. Joplin. Can't wait for this commercial to get over so I can hear it. Just remembered I'm not watching live I can FF through the commercials [Smile] She didn't disappoint me. This was pretty dang good. I'm so hoping for an Adam/Allison Final 2. She could have maybe picked a better Janis song but it still sounded great.

Kris & Danny duet--"Renegade" by Styx, Kris is surprising me with his rocker chops. Danny is just meh as usual. He's just proving more and more that he's A Taylor Hicks clone. Overall the duet was pretty average. Now this means that Adam & Allison will be doing a duet together which could be awesome

Kris--"Come Together" A Beatles classic later remade by Aerosmith. Not horrible but he's showing that Rock N Roll isn't his thing and pretty hard to follow the two rockers in Adam & Allison. He's going to be in trouble.

Danny--"Dream On" more Aerosmith. wow what a surprise another song by him that starts off slow and builds to a crescendo. He hasn't done anything original all season. This is painful. Get rid of him now.

Allison & Adam--"Slow Ride" Cool some Foghat. Definitely the better of the two duets. They look pretty cool together and it sounded great.

Will probably be a bottom two instead of a bottom three since there's only four people left

On The chopping block: Kris & Danny

Going Home: Really hoping it's Danny but will probably be Kris

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought allison and adam's duet was really good loved it they did well together, danny and kris eh no big thing there just alright to me, i still say it will be between adam and allison in the end!! going home tonight should be kris but with the way the voting has been going who knows? alot of the voters are young girls who love kris have to wait and see what happens? dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Sigh. I'm afraid this will be Kris's last week, though I did think he did a better job than Danny. I actually liked Adam tonight.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I just need to comment. What was with the kid glove treatment last night by the judges concerning Danny? That performance was truly one of the worst if not the worst of the season since the Final 13 began. They've ripped people apart for giving better performances than the one that Danny gave last night. Yet all we hear is stuff like "You get an A+ for effort"

I'm hoping that Simon was using reverse psychology on Danny's fans by telling him he should be safe. Hopefully Danny's fans will get a little complacent because of that statement and not vote for him thus causing him to lose. We can only hope. I want him gone now. I'm sick of seeing him clap for himself every week.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the duets. I'd say the Allison/Adam duet was the better of the two. They were both in their element with the rock songs last night.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- Danny - I liked Dream On until the last not. Too high for him. His duet with Kris was good too. He and Allison have the best vocal quality hands down...

- Kris - I liked the duet. He did OK with Come Together...

- Allison - As always was awesome! What a voice. The duet was really good as well.

- Adam - I actually liked him for the most part last night. Still, a bit dramatic, over the top with the high note. I was surprised how well he did though. He would be good at throw-back 80s glam/hair band rock.

Adam will be in the bottom 3, Kris will go home. In the end, it should be Danny and Allison...

- jdocster [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
A litle late, we had to record it last night and I'm watching it before work.

Adam - Total rock star, he really has a fantastic rock voice.

Alison - I love her hair! A really strong performance, she was pushing the emotion like she should, but I think she could have put a bit more into the vocals.

Kris/Hokey - Wow their voices work so well together! It did seem a bit like the Hokey show, at times he was overpowering Kris.

Kris - One of my fave songs from my alltime favorite band, this was a good job. There was nothing bad about it but there wasn't anything fantastic either.

Hokey - Pitchy. My hatred for Hokey Gokey is well documented in this thread so that's all I have to say.

Adam/ Alison - I don't know the song, but it sounds pretty good. Again, their voices mesh well together. Much better than Kris/Danny.

Best of the night - Alison, Adam

Should be bottom 2 - Kris, Danny

Probably will be bottom 2 - Kris, Alison

I've been predicting and Adam / Alison Final 2 for weeks, I hope it comes true!

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Woo hoo!!! Kris is in the top three!!!!!!!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Are you kidding me that Danny could survive after that performance last night? Just proves that there's a lot of tone deaf people who are casting votes out there.

Going to miss Allison. She has more talent in her little pinkie than Hokey has in his whole body.

Next week: 2 songs. One is the judges choice. The second is a personal favourite of each singer.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with you sam last night was a joke to me i am sorry but allison was far better then danny or kris and should still be there i still say kris is there because of the teeny bopper votes danny is just okay compared to allison so now i think it will be between adam and kris and of course adam will win hands down!!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I really didn't like Danny's version of Dream On. He reminds me of Lil Rounds. He started out great and then something happened. I'm not sure what. I don't see any reason why Adam won't win.

I loved seeing Daughtry last night. Just goes to show where 4th place can get you!

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
daughtrey was great i saw him here at the fair 2 years ago and he rocked i hope he comes back again soon? i also loved no doubt didn't care much for the guy in the tu-tu what was up with that? lol
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Danny Adam and Kris...

I think it will turn out like this...

Danny 1st place
Adam second place
Kris third place

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

So this week they go back home and the judges choose a song for them. Wonder what they'll choose for each? I see the top three as Adam, Danny and Kris, though I wish Kris could at least come in second. Guess I'll have to get my voting fingers ready tomorrow night.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Yeah the judges pick a song for each to sing and they also get to pick their own song. So we get to see two songs from each.

Over on the American Idol forum over at survivorsucks.com a lot of people have been speculating the judges have been hoping for a Danny vs Adam final 2 for quite sometime. Will be interesting to see what kind of song they pick for Kris. Will they purposely throw him under the bus and choose a more difficult song for him then the other two?

Still wish Allison would have beaten out Hokey Gokey last week.

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home