iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree sam i think kris will be going home this week and it will be danny and adam in the end!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by It's Sam, Mr. Hain If You're Nasty:
Yeah the judges pick a song for each to sing and they also get to pick their own song. So we get to see two songs from each.

Over on the American Idol forum over at survivorsucks.com a lot of people have been speculating the judges have been hoping for a Danny vs Adam final 2 for quite sometime. Will be interesting to see what kind of song they pick for Kris. Will they purposely throw him under the bus and choose a more difficult song for him then the other two?

Still wish Allison would have beaten out Hokey Gokey last week.

Good point Sammy, I would have chosen Allison over Kris. I wanted to see Allison in the top 2 or 3.

[Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might be a hard night for me to watch as I'm watching a recording of the show and there was storms in the area while the show was being recorded so will be interrupted by storm warnings.

First songs will be the judges choices

Danny as chosen by Paula: "Dance Little Sister" by Terrance Trent D'Arby--Not a great song and really really not liking the job danny did on it. He proves more and more all the time how limited of an artist he really is.

No idea how the judges felt as there was a storm warning while the judges were talking

Kris as chosen by Randy & Kara: "Apologize" by One Republic not really digging the song choices the judges have came up with. I do like Kris better than Hokey so far tonight.

JUDGE FIGHT!!! I agree with Simon

Adam as chosen by Simon: "One" by U2 leave it to Sir Mr Cowell to pick a good song. Leave it to Adam to give the best performance of the first set of songs.

another storm warning looks like all it's interrupting is something going on in Africa

Singers personal choices are next

Danny--"You Are So Beautiful" great song but as usual not liking Danny's arrangement. No heart or passion in his performance and that's what made this song the hit that it was for Joe ****er. Horrible.

Kris--"Heartless" this was my favourite performance of his all season. That was pretty darn good. He needs to be in the Final 2 next week along with Adam.

Adam--"Cryin'" Freaking Insane!!! I see this as his way of taking a dig at Danny. Danny tried an Aerosmith song last week and blew chunks and as usual Adam rocked the joint

Time for Danny to go home. PLEASE!!!!!

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wednesday night, live review, blah blah blah

Hokey - Paula's right, his voice does have a Terance Trent Darby sound to it, but I'd have preferred to hear Sign your name. Kind of a nothing performance, there was nothing really memorable.

Kris - Good choice of song, he did it well but again it wasn't anything fantastically memorable.

Adam - Love the song, but I'm not sure if I like the arrangement. What does it mean when you think an Adam Lambert performance was over the top? I'm not sure what to think. It could have been better, but it's the best of the first half of the show.

Hokey - I hate to say it, but this is kind of nice. He's made some interesting changes to the chord sequences which I always appreciate. And then he starts to belt it and he loses me.

Kris - A Kanye song? It really suits Kris' style. Good idea on Kris to do something that really shows of his own style. I agree with Simon, it might have just kept him alive in the competition.

Adam - On paper this sounded great but something wasn't quite right. The backup singer was slightly out I think. Is it me? Am I missing Adam's vibe tonight? Or is he not spot on tonight?

Next week's final 2 - Adam and Kris.

Danny was the weakest of the night, and he should hopefully be tomorrow's shock elimination.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
danny was just okay and i also think they overjudged kris i didn't think he was that great last night i still think danny will go home tonight i voted for adam last night again he has the strongest voice and he is not boooorrrrrrring!!!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I voted for Kris from 9:00 till 9:42. Then I fell asleep. I really think his performance of Heartless was friggin' awesome!!!! I think he deserves to be in the top two. Stitch, I think there was something "off" about Adam's last performance too. Maybe it was all the screeching, I don't know. I know he's gonna win but there's something about him I just don't like. Oh well.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Kris's first song the best. Danny did OK with Dance little Sister. Adam blew chunks all over the U2 song. Absolutely ruined it.

Danny rocked the second song and it paid-off for him. He has the best vocals of the group hands-down. Kris did well with his second song. Adam "screamed" his way through his second song. Terrible drama...

Tonight, Danny and Adam move forward. Kris gets screwed. Danny wins it in the end... Just like Simon fears will happen. [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!! GO KRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!! No more Danny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God we never have to hear from Hokey Danny Gokey ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
whoo hoo go adam!!!

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good for Kris! Sorry to see Danny go...

Kris for the win!!!! [Big Grin]

pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
Good for Kris! Sorry to see Danny go...

Kris for the win!!!! [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I agree!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
can't wait to see the show tonight and wednesday i believe it is on for 2 hours tonight go ADAM!!! dee
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Adam--Personal Favourite from the season: "Mad World" as awesome this time as it was the first time around

Kris--Personal favourite from the season: "Ain't No Sunshine" this was the first song of his that I liked during the season. Another fine rendition of the song. We might have a dogfight for the votes.

Adam--Chosen by American Idol Creator Simon Fuller: "A Change Is Gonna Come" I love this song, Sam Cooke would be proud.

Kris--Chosen by American Idol creator Simon Fuller: "What's Going On" Another great song choice. Not too crazy about the arrangement he chose for the song but still decent

Adam--Song written by Kara DioGuardi: "No Boundaries" Hard to judge a song you've never heard before. I loved the way how he had the song start slow and how it kept on picking up the pace only to pull it back at the end.

Kris--Song written by Kara DioGuardi: "No Boundaries" did his version seem to be shorter than Adam's? Decent once again but falls short of Adam's take on the song.

I feel that Adam deserves to win. The last song I think should be the deciding factor. Singing the same song Adam outshined Kris. However I feel the vote may be close and I wouldn't be 100% shocked if Kris would end up winning.

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Well I voted. For Kris. Surprise surprise. Hope he wins. Probably won't but still.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
of course i voted for adam last night can't wait to see who wins ? tonight is the 2 hour show not last night sorry ! my hubby and i keep arguing he says kris is gonna win i say adam will win we do this every year lol but he does not like adam at all he says he screams too much when he sings i say he is more expressive and artistic with his songs!!! GO ADAM!!!

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Well, I have to admit it. After bashing Adam all season, he got me last night. I really liked "Mad World". I liked it the first time he did it, but, he nailed it last night. I really enjoyed his vocals. It's funny that Simon actually said that Adam was "a bit to theatrical" for him. That is exactly what Randy and I have been saying all season. Too over the top. The funny thing is, I thought he nailed it last night.

Kris did very well with "Ain't No Sunshine". Sounded like the first time he did it. Very good. I have him tied with Adam...

I didn't quite understand we they chose a Sam Cooke song for Adam, but, he freakin' killed it! I mean, I REALLY liked the way he sang it. Just a little bit of the high pitch for effect. Very very good.

I think Kris did a very good job singing Marvin Gaye. Really, it's hard for anyone to compare to Marvin. Kris did better than most would have done. I think the judges were to hard on him.

As for the last song, "No Boundaries", it blew chunks! Absolutely stupid song. Even Simon remarked about how bad the song was.

I think Adam is going to win it tonight! [Cool]

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi guys [Smile]

so ya, i too think adam will win. but kris is winner to me as well. i will buy both their cds.

my husband thinks kris will win, but we both are rooting for him all the way.

i hated that no boundaries song. yuck!

i really think the marvin gaye song was a bad choice for kris. he sang it well, but come on, this is the finals.. too boring of a song, don't ya think?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Yeah, the final song just sucked. What else has Kara written or co-written? Hope it's better than that song.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Yeah, the final song just sucked. What else has Kara written or co-written? Hope it's better than that song.

petty,

Here's a list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_DioGuardi_songwriting_and_production_discography

I don't know any of them, but, maybe you do... [Smile]

pettyfan
Member # 2260

She co-wrote Theory of a Deadman's Not Meant to Be? You gotta be flippin kidding me...
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The results shows are brutally awful...the group singing and dancing is embarrassing. Anyway...Kris pulled it off...I'm sure Adam will get a contract regardless.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Kris needed to win this more than Adam did. Kris won American Idol but Adam will probably be the bigger star. Heck Adam is already one step better than Kris, he never has to sing that awful song that Kara wrote ever again and Kris unfortunately has to release it as his first single.

Pretty awesome to see Adam sing with Kiss and awesome to see Queen.

Was it just me or did every member of the top 13 get to sing some solo or be featured with the exception of Scott?

I had a feeling all day that Kris would win even though I felt Adam was by far the better star.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh. my. goodness. HI FIVE PETTY!!!! [Big Grin]

i was completely shocked when ryan said kris's name.. i did not expect that.

the group singing was cheesy, but i thought the performers they had did a great job. i thought it was an exciting show.. especially when QUEEN showed up.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

YAY FOR KRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (my husband was right.. i owe him money now, lol)

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home