iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 18)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Disco Medley was a little weird...I don't think of the song "Band of Gold" as being Disco, I thought it was from the 60s....she was totally off key.

I liked seeing KC and the Sunshine Band- I always loved their music.

You could tell that the Group song that Paula Choreographed was totally lip synced.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's probably pretty common for a woman of 63 years old to not have the same voice as she did almost 40 years ago.

The group songs are always lip synched pretty bad

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed the episode last night, so my live review comes from today's 2pm repeat -

Lil - so disappointing. Time for her to go I think. Lil's voice is just not powerful enough, as she's shown over the last few weeks but never more than in this performance. Poor Lil, she looked so sad (or perhaps a bit sulky). I do think that she would have been criticized if she had changed the arrangement, coz the judges do like to say that you shouldn't mess with a classic.

Kris - I'm suprised to see him with an acoustic guitar for Disco week. Oh, he's not doing it disco style... I like it. I never realised how the verse of this song sounds so similar to the verse of "You're so vain". I think Kris has cemented his place in the contest with this performance, and it should seperate him from Matt Giraud. PS, what's up with Randy trying to horn in on Kara, they always take turns starting the critique.

Gokey - that first roaring note made me finally realise the truth. Gokey is Taylor Hicks. A good singer, but no personality other than the annoying. I hate Gokey so much that I can't give an honest opinion on his performances anymore. Although, I loved how the smug look on his face disappeared with the slightest bit of criticism from Simon. HAHAHAHA!!!!

Alison - I was really worried leading up to Disco night about how Alison would go, but I needn't have bothered. This performance was hot! I loved the slower tempo, it gave it a cool bluesy feeling, just sexy enough without being inappropriate for a 16 year old. I'm suprised the judges didn't like the arrangement, but I'm glad they praised her vocals. She's still MY Alison.

Adam - Wow, that was so different to what I expected. So beautiful. I love this song and the changes to the chord sequences that Adam made were fascinating. He looks so much better with his hair out of his face, he looks so handsome!

Matt - looking more like Timberlake than ever before. This is pretty good, it's not too similar to the original arrangement, his falsetto is great, his dance moves are pretty cool. He is falling away from Kris though, I'm not sure if he's got the fan base anymore to save him this week.

Anoop - he's learnt his lesson to sing to his strengths, but there are only so many weeks in a row that he can sing a ballad. OK, finally a tempo change. I don't know the song but I like it. His voice is really strong tonight (except for the last note), and he looks terrific. He's really turned it around in the last few weeks, from everyone considering him to be the next to go, to become a strong contender for the final 4.

Best of the night - Alison, Adam, Kris

Bottom 3 - Lil, Matt, Anoop (even tho I think Gokey was one of the weakest of the night)

Will go - Lil, Matt

Should go - Lil, Matt

[ 22. April 2009, 21:39: Message edited by: Stitch Groover ]

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww, I'm sad to see Lil and Anoop go. But it was definately time.

The lip synching was more obvious than ever tonight, but since the debacle of "Can't get you out of my head" the other week, I'm glad they mime the group song!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought it was great seeing kc and the other's last night still sounded pretty good to me considering their age and all!! no surprise with lil going home or anoop for that matter !! sorry but i thought they were boring myself! i still think it will be between adam or allison or kris only because so many people like kris?? dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't say I'm too sad to see Lil and Anoop go. Lil had far more potential I think. I liked Alison Tuesday night. I think she just doesn't have a big fan base. Much as I love Kris I still think it's gonna come down to Adam and Danny. Anyone know if they're doing Idol Gives Back this year?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allison has been in the bottom three on three different occasions and didn't deserve to be there any of those times. For some reason she hasn't connected with the voters. I feel that other than Adam she's been the most consistent performer week in and week out.

Without knowing the theme for next week I'd say Matt & Allison are in the most danger of leaving due to the fact that none of the other three have been in the bottom three yet.

Personally I hope Danny goes next with Matt going the next week. Kris can finish third then Adam can beat Allison for the title

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I just read that next week's theme appears to be music from the Rat Pack. That means Dean, Frank & Sammy. I'd say Kris, Matt and Adam could do well at this. Unfortunately it could prove to be a tough week for Allison.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just heard that the theme for next week is BIG BAND. how awesome! paula wouldn't say who the mentor was... the radio hosts were trying to figure it out..they guessed harry connick jr., brian setzer.. michael buble. i can't wait to see it.

i'm sad that i missed last night's episode. after work, i had to rush back out to meet a friend in need. and i forgot to set the recorder!

so i read that lil and anoop went home? i figured it was out of them two, and matt.

i too love kris, but don't know if he will make it in the finals. i don't like allison but have a feeling she will be the one to go up against adam. if so, i hope adam wins. i don't like allison's voice at all.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I'm going to have to record both tonight's and tomorrow night's shows since I work late both nights. Can't wait to get home and watch.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome sam. you have something to look forward to when you get home. now i can't copy and paste your posts with the names and songs they do lol.. i'll have to write it out myself, thanks!! [Wink] [Big Grin] kidding buddy.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by It's Sam, Mr. Hain If You're Nasty:
I'm going to have to record both tonight's and tomorrow night's shows since I work late both nights. Can't wait to get home and watch.

Sammy,

Congrats on the job. I didn't know. Good for you man! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not lookin forward to this week's songs. Why can't there ever be a hair metal week? Or a hard rock week or something like that?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

A little late due to work. Just watching my recording of the show and as always will give my on the spot critiquing.

Rat Pack/Big Band Standards is the theme. The mystery mentor is Jamie Foxx

Kris--"The Way You Look Tonight" not bad at all. Pretty solid performance. His fanbase will be very happy. He set the bar pretty high for the other four contestants tonight. I have a feeling he'll be another Elliot Yamin will probably finish number 3.

Allison--Happy Belated 17th Birthday to my rocker girl; ""Someone Who Watched Over Me" Was worried about her doing this kind of music but I thought she sounded incredible. This girl can sure bring it.

Matt--"My Funny Valentine" not feeling this at all. So far IMHO the worst of the evening. Should be in the bottom two?/three? Might be his time to go. Pretty weird week so far; usually I agree with Simon's opinion but tonight we're disagreeing quite a bit. Maybe a lot has to do with the fact I'm not too familliar with this kind of music

Danny--"Come Rain Or Come Shine" Unfortunately I thought it was pretty decent. I'm waiting for this guy to fall on his face and get voted off. Won't be this week

Adam--In the 'Pimp Spot' once again singing "Feeling Good" once again the best performance of the night is courtesy of Mr. Lambert that one note towrds the end was just insane. There's a new Freddie Mercury and his name is Adam Lambert

On the chopping block: Allison & Matt if it's a bottom three add Kris to the list

Going Home: Matt

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
OK it's Wednesday night and time again for my live review!

Kris - his voice is really strong tonight, as is his pitch. I wouldn't have had the tempo change though, it was beautiful at the slower tempo the song began at. He was true to the melody but gave it enough licks to make it modern. I have to agree with Randy, it was probably his best performance, even better than Ain't no sunshine.

Alison - I missed Alison's performance coz I was on the phone, I'll have to catch it up at either the 9.30 repeat tonight or the 2pm repeat tomorrow.

Mat - Do you prefer Constantine's or Melinda's version of this song? It was the moment I changed from hating to liking Constantine back in Season 4. I think this is one of Matt's best performances. He's been slipping for the past few weeks, but this was as good as Kris tonight. His falsetto was lovely, his voice was strong and I didn't hear any pitch problems. And he looks very handsome in his hat.

Gokey - He looks much better without the beard he's been cultivating, it's nice to see him looking handsome again. I still can't judge his singing because I hate him so much. The song was boring at first and then he changed it up into his usual same old boring barnstorming style. Shut up, Gokey.

Adam (yay!) - Back in the pimp spot, he's the first one this season to have a pimp repeat. And that was SMOKIN'!!!! Damn, Adam can do absolutely no wrong. This song has been done so often lately, even the Pussycat Dolls have done it, but I've never heard it like that before. Randy was right that it was a bit theatrical, but I think that it suited the song, and Kara was right that it was a little bit sleazy, but that's also the whole point of the song! I love Adam Lambert, I hope to Jeebus that he wins.

On a side note, I thought Jamie Foxx was a good mentor, he wasn't as arrogant as I expected.

Best - Adam, Kris, Alison

Bottom 3 - Matt, Alison, Gokey (drop Gokey if it's Bottom 2)

Going home - Matt.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with your picks also stitch i think matt will go home i still say it will be between allison and adam but i am hoping adam wins i have been voting for him for weeks already anyways!! to me adam has the strongest vocals and he is not BORING!!! dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Kris was awesome IMO!!! I also really liked Alison. Kara actually said something that made sense (sorry, not a Kara fan) when she told her she shouldn't have been in the bottom three those weeks. I too agree that Matt's going home.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no way that Adam won't win this.

When he came walking down the steps, it totally reminded me of a scene from the movie "The Idolmaker". He hit that one note, and me and my mom just were stunned, and then he does that thing with his lip-like Elvis...he is so self confident.

I like Kris, but he doesn't have that Theatrical craziness like Adam...Adam is just so different, he has to win it...I don't think anyone else is even in the same category. They are OK singers, but they don't possess the star factor...which you don't see in anyone any more.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I agree that Adam'll probably win. But here's my two cents--Adam's been in Hollywood all these years and yet he's "undiscovered." If he was that good wouldn't he have been discovered already? Have I already complained about this lol? Anyway, I don't see how he won't win either. But who will wind up second? Last year you kinda knew it was gonna be David and David. But this year I think there's at least two choices, though I think it'll be Danny.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

well, i'll just say that i think they all pretty much did a good job. some way better than others but they all deserve to be there.

i think it should be between matt and danny as far as who should go home.

alison ends up in the bottom 3 often because i don't think she has the fan base that the guys do.

i think adam should definitely win the whole thing. as for who comes in second, it won't matter to me. they all most likely will get recognition.

i would so buy a kris album because i like his style and voice.
and i would love to see adam in concert.

adam is totally awesome. his performance last night was once again, amazing. i love the way he started and ended his song. [Smile]

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kris, did a really good job... It was his best yet.

Allison has an awesome vocal range, she did very well last night.

Matt, I think he kind of blew it last night. Not terrible, but, not his best...

Danny, what can you say, he has a great voice and presence. Vocal quality wise, it's him and Allison all the way...

Adam, too over the top and dramatic AGAIN... Just like Randy said last night. EVERY song ends up with way too much high pitch falsetto or screaming at times. I can see him as a good Broadway performer.

Matt is going home...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I would buy Kris's album too...or two or three of them... [Big Grin]
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Never thought I'd see Adam in the bottom three...
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

wow that was almost an incredible upset tonight. Completely shocked that Adam was not only in the bottom three but also was in the bottom two. Glad to see that Matt finally went home after being voted off twice previously. The judges saved him after the round of 36 and once again a couple weeks ago. I was happy to see that Allison's fanbase might have gained some momentum as she wasn't in the bottom 3 and was safe. So far Danny is the only one who hasn't been in the bottom three. I hope Danny was watching Taylor Hicks closely because that's where his career is going.

Rock n Roll is the theme for next week. Hopefully we'll see Allison sing some Janis Joplin; how cool would that be?

Slash is the mentor. Interesting choice. Sure he's a rocker but definitely not a singer.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i was surprised to see adam in the bottom three over danny too? i think they just did that to throw people off? wierd!! i knew matt would go over adam of course next week will probably be danny! i still say it will be between adam and allison but adam will win!! dee
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home