iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tatiana did very well at the very beginning and the very end of her song but the middle was nothing spectacular.

I think the problem last night wasn't lack of talent I thought most picked really bad songs or songs that weren't good for them.

I still feel that the three that will move on from last night are Danny, Alexis and Anoop. If any of the three wildcards come from last night's group I'm hoping it will be Jackie just for the fact I like her style and she's a rocker chick.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, song choice last night was just weird. Usually when it's Billboard week or whatever the contestants pick better songs.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the tree that should make it (most talented) based on their performance last night are...

Ricky Braddy  -
Danny Gokey  -
Alexis Grace  -

They had the best vocals/performances IMHO... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True Ricky was pretty decent too and probably deserves to move on more so than Jackie. I still have Anoop moving forward too and he could sneak into the top 3 this week due to him having a huge fanbase on youtube.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm, i thought ricky was boring and forgettable.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

so it was Alexis & Danny--no surprises there in my opinion

& Michael--This one shocked me.

Still hoping Anoop gets one of the wildcards

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Brett- is he the one that sang HickTown? He was one I thought was c0cky...I don't mean rude as in being a jerk...I mean like egotistical...when people start being mouthy to the judges- when the judges are the ones that got them there in the first place, then I find that to be ungrateful, and wether they become an Idol or not, for someone that was plucked out of nowhere to have a chance in front of millions of people...they can make the most out of that, and they should never have attitudes.
That's what I don't like.

I went to a Tastfully Simple party tonight, and I didn't see what happened tonight...did I miss anything??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? I didn't think Brett was c0cky at all. I think the contestants have the right to "talk back" to the judges, so to speak, if they don't agree with them.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alexis and danny..i knew they would make it.

i was really surprised that michael got in though. he sang that gavin degraw song, awfully.

brett or brent, whatever his name is, was waaaaayyy better than michael, IMO.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what was last night about? Did they vote on the previous night's people to see who made it through? Did anyone new sing?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

All they did was have a recap of Tuesday night's show then they did each singer individually and told them if they were moving on or not based on the votes from the previous night. The three that are moving on all got to sing their song again from the previous night. Also earlier in the show the group of twelve sang a song together that was pretty wretched.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

they also had some performances from a couple of last season's top 12 contestants.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Yep, let's not forget that Michael Johns came back and sang!!!! [Big Grin] Oh, and Carly too.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alexis and Danny deserved it. Michael was a surprise. He's a nice guy, but, Anoop or Ricky deserved it more based on their talent. Next time you watch the show, look away from the TV and just listen to the vocals. Does it change your opinion of anyone? [Smile]

I forgot! Did you see Tatiana the "drama queen"? I couldn't stand her at all...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was glad alexis danny and michael all made it thru i thought they were the best ones so glad tatiana is gone yeah!!! and i loved seeing michael johns and carly i loved them last season gonna buy his cd when it comes out in a couple weeks sorry but i thought ricky was dull myself tatiana was pitiful at the end did anyone notice no one was comforting her at the end? too funny she was such a drama queen your right!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't forget to watch the 2 hour special tonight with the next round of singers! 8;00 p.m. [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

So ya'll know who I think Adam Lambert looks like? Ryan Lambert. You know, Kids Inc, Monster Squad, used to be (still is?) in a band?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Norman Gentle definitely NOT the next American Idol but hey he loves to do what he doeas and how he does it and I'm not going to hold that against him. He loves to perform. He'll be a star in his own way.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Nick/Norman is horrendous. I agree, he enjoys what he does. But WTF were the judges thinking when they put him through in the first place? Tonight's batch seems just as bad as most of last week's...I did like Kris Allen just now, though.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Allison did do pretty good on the Heart song. I wouldn't say anybody has been horrendous tonight it's just that nobody has been memorable. So far the only one I feel that will move on is Allison and I still hope Jasmine finds a way to move on too.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

wow, tonight's group totally blew...

i really didn't like any of them, but 3 will have to get through i guess.
i cannot get over how much they all sucked, though?

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Allison and Adam I feel are shoo ins to be voted to the F12 from tonight's group.
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm midway through watching Group 2, Norman/Nick just performed. I've enjoyed him through the auditions and Hollywood round, and I think he's funny... but if he makes it through to the Top 12, Idol will have definately jumped the shark.
Ironically, Nick gave the best performance of the night - Jasmine and the others all stank!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear, someone's singing "Alone"? That song is the kiss of death ever since Carrie Underwood (or actually her backup singer) knocked it out of the park a few years back.

OK, I take that back, Alison did a good job. Much better than Ramiele Maluby last year.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I think they all stunk too. I can't believe how many songs have been repeated over the years. There are billions of songs out there, and they always pick such weird stuff, or pick a song that 10 other people have sang. There's tons of songs by Heart that have never been done.

I just don't understand their song choices.

I thought the girl with the tattooed arm and long curly red hair was cute- she reminded me a little of Darryl Hannah in Splash.
I thought if someone gave her some actual voice lessons, she could be really good.

Adam- was different....alot of the song he was screaming- and over did it, but he does sing good, and he has energy. He reminds me of a combo of Joan Jett and Sam Harris (from Star Search).

I laughed at Norm/Nick- he was semi entertaining....he picked the absolutely right song for him...but then at the end when they were judging him, he runs his mouth too much, and then he just comes across as a pain in the butt. He should know when to quit with the mouthy attitude- if he did, I think he'd do better.

Most of them were absolutely horrible, and I felt restless just try to sit through it.

I did like the guy that sang "Man in the Mirror", but like Simon says about a bunch of them...they are forgetable performances...and people... it seems that for them to be remembered they have to be beyond excellent or freaky.

They have said this was going to be the best season yet...but I don't actually care who wins at this point, if I even skip watching it- I wouldn't even care.

Does anyone know what the story is about Paula and Kara...the previews on my local news (that I didn't watch) said that Paula was not happy with her at all. I actually can't stand her, the more she has been on there and opened her mouth- the more annoying she is. The thing with the judges ...is they are say just about the exact same things, no matter who they are talking about...except for Paula- where half the time you can't understand what she is saying...sometimes- when she is trying to figure out what to say- it is almost embarrassing to watch, because everyone is waiting for her to talk, and then she says the weirdest stuff.

Randy always says...That was the bomb! and Dawg!

Simon always says they were cabaret or sounded like a lounge singer or a cruise ship singer, or that it was awful. I think he's always right, half the time I wonder what the other ones are listening to.

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home