iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So tonight is the first week of the finals. 13 contestants instead of the usual 12. I wonder if that means they're adding an extra week, or having a double elimination for one week or maybe even a final 3 instead of 2?
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good point, sam. i wonder what kind of songs they'll start out with tonight? is there a theme for tonight? i don't remember them saying what kind of songs they'll be performing.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not too sure. I thought I heard that both Kelly Clarkson and Kanye West are performing on the Wednesday show but not sure about tonight.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured maybe double elimination. Carrie Underwood has remade Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home, and that will be the "going home" song they play for the eliminated contestant each week. I'm anxious to see how everyone does tonight.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Lil--Good as always

Scott--I agree with Randy and Simon; wasn't that impressed

Danny--Was fun and I liked him tonight

Michael--didn't see or hear what the judges saw and heard

Jasmine--not bad, hope she sticks around; not sure what the judges want from her. they always say she's trying to be too grown up even though she sang a song Michael Jackson recorded when he was very young. I'm confused

Kris--I always forget who this guy is when they mention his name and tonight's performance won't help any; am I missing something with this guy?

Allison--Pretty awesome; a definite sleeper given the amount of airtime she had during the auditions and Hollywood week

Anoop--Agree with the judges, definitely a disappointment

Jorge--Guess I'm totally out of whack with the judges tonight. I didn't think it was all that bad.

Megan--I thought it was fun but maybe too kiddish of a song choice

Adam--The showman as always

Matt--seemed to find his bluesy side tonight. Very good

Alexis--I agree she was a naughty girl and I too liked it

with it being a double elimination my picks to go home are Anoop and hopefully Kris but will probably be Jasmine

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Anoop and Jorge will be the ones to go from tonight, even though I liked Jorge.

I liked all of them. I think even though Michael Jackson has such weird personal problems, he still is an awesome singer, and song writer.

How can you not do well with one of his songs, unless you can't sing at all.

I love LiL's outfit- it looked so 80's looking- her hair style reminds me of Salt N Pepa, and I loved the white jeans with the light pink satin shirt...

I love the song Human Nature, so I loved hearing it-the end was a little off pitch, but I love that song, and I loved P.Y.T.

I thought this was the best night they have had this season.

I liked Adam singing "Black or White", I like his look too, sometimes he screams too much, but he really gets in to the whole thing, and I love people that really get in to it.

I thought Kris did really well, he reminds me of Corey Haim.

I loved Jasmine's outfit- she looked adorable- that's the kind of stuff I wish I saw people wearing. Maybe it will catch on more. There's hope.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i loved jasmine's outfit also and thought she did well, loved danny , michael, allison, adam. and alexis i think anoop and jorge' will go home tonight lil rounds was good also. megan's song was okay but i think she should have picked a different song also too kiddish!! i guess we will have to see what happens tonight 2 will go home!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What're you missing about Kris, Sammy? I for one think he's hot. Really hot. [Big Grin] But that's just me and I know you don't really care about that. LOL. Seriously, he's a decent singer. I enjoyed his song. I also enjoyed Michael--the judges did too and I liked Lil and Danny. We'll see what happens tonight.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was so glad that the majority of them did a great job, i was impressed.

i don't like jasmine. i don't know what they see in her, other than she has "the look."
i don't like michael too much either.

the ones that stood out for me, were adam and kris. to me, they were the best ones.

alexis didn't sing dirty diana too great, IMO. she looked awesome, but i didn't enjoy her performance as much as i thought i was going to.

anoop and jorge could have done better. but i think they will stay.

as for megan, my goodness-what was she thinking? that song was a horrible choice for being in the top 12 or 13. expectations are high in the finals and she blew that!
i agree, sam.. it was like a kiddy performance.

is allison the chick with the red hair? great job! i thought GIVE IN TO ME would be a difficult song to sing, but she did a good job.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are the best singers to me:

1 - Danny Gokey
2 - Matt Giraud
3 - Allison Iraheta

The rest are so so... I think Adam is way over-hyped... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Just want to pipe in and say that it bothers me every show when Ryan introduces Simon and Randy boos. Everytime.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Nothing shocking with either elimination tonight. Both Jorge and Jasmine I felt were at risk because of their performances last night. Just sad to see both go because they're both very likable. Would have prefered to see Anoop and maybe Scott go instead. I think Jasmine still has a chance to have a career in the music industry. She has a strong powerful voice that she needs to work on but being only 17 she has time for it to develop. She also has great poise, confidence and a cute look.

I knew the judges wouldn't waste there one save for the season on either of these two. They're going to save it for somebody like Lil, Adam or Danny if they need to.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hated the song by Kayne West-what the heck was that....and the Kelly Clarkson song- My Life would SUCK without you. When the word "SUCK" gets put in a song- there's something wrong with the world- cripes what were her lyrics?? "I know I've got issues, but your messed up too" .

How can people sing along to that sucky song?

The song sucked to no end.

My mom said.. what the heck was that....

My mom thought Kayne was a mess too, his pants were hanging off his butt, he was totally off pitch, and his mic altered his actual voice, it was a mess. He is one giant egomaniac, and I can't stand him.

I liked the Filet-O-Fish commercial...where the fish on the wall was singing "gimme back my filet-o-fish, gimme it back now".....I thought that song was better than either of the people that performed tonight.

The 2 people they sent home were better than they were.

I liked the group song.

I have liked all the group songs so far.

I LOVED the commercial they all did tonight, I have said ...how come they can do cool commercials during American Idol, but the rest of the time, commercials SUCK. (Except I now love the Filet O Fish commercial)

I thought Simon was really rude to Jorge at the end, there's no reason for that.

I can see being blunt ...but sometimes he deliberately is just plain mean.

I think in the end...Adam might win...I think Lil is too much like Fantasia, and Danny -he's starting to kind of resemble Taylor Hicks-with the dance moves...I think Adam is so different from anyone they have had so far-that he could win it-people went nuts tonight when he stood up. He definately reminds me of Sam Harris from Star Search.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I feel Adam is the best and he should breeze through the next six weeks or so when there's more contestants. But once the number of contestants gets fewer and fewer Adam might be too over the top for a lot of people and he could end up getting voted off. But then I honestly believe that Adam doesn't need to win this competition either because I feel he's guaranteed a hefty recording contract regardless of where he finishes.

If I had to pick a Top 3 right now though i would include Adam in my list along with Lil and Danny.

I don't know what it is about Kanye West. I would never buy any of his music but there's something about it that I actually like. Not a fan of him as a person but I feel he does have some talent.

I think a title like "My Life Would Suck Without You" is actually saying something positive even though the word suck is in the title. If I had a girlfriend ever say that to me I'd be thinking...HOW COOL!!!!!

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay my top 3 are adam, danny, and alexis, i do like allison too though. i was very surprised jasmine left instead of megan i think she has a better voice myself. i didn;t care for kelly's song either but i never really liked her music anyways bubble gum music in my opinion don't like kanye either so i didn't even watch him last night lol. and isis i know the commercial you are talking about with the fish on the wall they play it constantly on all the channels here getting annoying now lol!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
BuffaloGirl-That was the first time I ever saw that commercial, and I thought it was hysterical, I do believe that after listening to it over and over that it could drive me crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD64OhbG4ps

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Well I LOVE My Life Would Suck W/O You!! Awesome song.

I can't say I'm upset over Jorge and Jasmine leaving. My top 3 would also be Danny, Lil' and Adam.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i missed the majority of last nights show because i again, forgot to record it and was out to dinner. arg!

i did see the last 20 mins. so i saw jorge get the boot.
i also saw kelly clarkson sing, she did good.

i'm sorry i missed kanye. my b/f is a huge fan of him and we were both sad that we missed his performance, does anyone know which song he performed?

i still don't like danny haha. i know he's a favorite for most of you, but i think isis got it right.. he's too taylor hicks for me.

i like adam, although he's a bit theatrical, maybe that's good? i want to hear him sing some aerosmith, or something. wouldn't that be cool.

i missed lil's perfomance so i can't comment on her.

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the new Kelly Clarkson song to. I thought it was kind of funny. She has a great voice and can sing anything and make it sound good. She is truly the best American idol so far...

Sammy makes some good points (usually does [Wink] ) about Kanye. I'm not into rap or the pants hangin off of your butt look (WTF?), but, I think he does have talent.

The McD's commercial cracks me up! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

We must have missed that McD's commercial. They went away for a commercial break and then when they came back they were already done talking to Michael telling him he was safe.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Kayne sang some song about a girl being Heartless.

I couldn't understand a darn thing he said, except I heard the word "heartless". He was awful. Just totally horrendous. That isn't even music, and the lyrics are horrid.

Yo. Yo. Yo. Yo....Like listen to this dumb song...like Yo.

What the heck does Yo even mean??
Duh?

In the night, I hear 'em talk,
the coldest story ever told
Somewhere far along this road, he lost his soul to a woman so heartless...
How could you be so heartless?
Oh... How could you be so heartless?

[Verse 1]
How could you be so, cold as the winter wind when it breeze, yo
Just remember that you talkin' to me though
You need to watch the way you talkin' to me, yo
I mean after all the things that we've been through
I mean after all the things we got into
Hey yo, I know of some things that you ain't told me
Hey yo, I did some things but that's the old me
And now you wanna get me back and you gon' show me
So you walk around like you don't know me
You got a new friend, while I got homies
But in the end it's still so lonely

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
How could you be so Dr. Evil, you bringin' out a side of me that I dont know...
I decided we weren't gon' speak so
Why we up 3 A.M. on the phone
Why does she be so mad at me fo'
Homie I dont know, she's hot and cold
I won't stop, won't mess my groove up
'Cause I already know how this thing go
You run and tell your friends that you're leaving me
They say that they don't see what you see in me
You wait a couple months then you gon' see
You'll never find nobody better than me

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]
Talkin', talkin', talkin', talk
Baby let's just knock it off
They don't know what we been through
They don't know 'bout me and you
So I got something new to see
And you just gon' keep hatin' me
And we just gon' be enemies
I know you can't believe
I could just leave it wrong
And you can't make it right
I'm gon' take off tonight
Into the night....

[Chorus]

If I went around saying Yo, and Fo, and Gon, and all that...people would think I was a total dip...what kind of lingo is that?

It is just stupid garbage.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
You'll never find nobody better than me...

what a dumb lyric...what an egomaniac.

I almost think he was probably in special ed in school, because his english/grammar is so horrible....but that would be like putting down special ed people...who can't help it, he deliberately talks like that, and that's even more stupid.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

It's called Ebonics. It's how they talk on the streets.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yo, like I know, Yo that's ebonics...but Yo like isn't that like bad grammar, Yo?????
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
FE FI FO YO
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home