iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anoop-- i didn't feel it at all either. just.....no.

Megan Joy-- horrid. she just cannot pick a good song to sing to save her soul. almost every song she chooses does not work with her voice. regardless of how much they like a song, doesn't mean they can do it justice. the whole.."vote for me guys"...ya..i'm sure it's the GUYS who are voting. she needs to sing songs to better suit her voice style, otherwise she needs to go.

Danny-- i did not like his performance. haven't liked him since the beginning.

Allison-- she was ok. the song was a good choice. i don't know what more to say about her. she doesn't quite stand out but isn't bad at all.

Scott-- ..better than last week. i liked his jacket lol. i thought he did much better.

Matt-- oh my goodness that was bad. very copycat-like.

Lil-- terrible. i hated her performance. it was so pitchy and not her style one bit. she may be in trouble.

Adam-- great as always!!!

Kris-- saved the best for last baby! *sigh* loved it!

On the chopping block: Anoop, Megan & Matt (agree with ya, sam!)

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am watching now, so here's my immediate thoughts -

Anoop - was OK, nothing special, wasn't a mess as Simon thought, but wasn't superb. What was the name of that song? I'd heard it before but I don't know what it's called.

Megan - I love her and I really liked her singing this song. I do think thought that she'll be gone this week because of her performance last week.

Ugh, Gokey - how can I have gone from liking him in the auditions and semis, to hating him now? I think it's the over (fake?) sincerity. And naturally he's gone for a song he can sing with fake emotion. He sang well, but I just don't care!

Allison - a favorite of mine. The verse was really lovely, but this song has tripped a lot of good singers on Oz Idol when it gets to the chorus, and Allison started the chorus a little rough too. What's with the hair? But I like her dress, Randy!

Scott - another one I'm getting tired of, but this was really lovely. He had a few of the usual pitch problems, but overall I enjoyed it.

Matt - wow, in the audience! Kind of bland, the song didn't go anywhere.

Lil - I was worried the song might have been too big for her as she seemed to be struggling with the higher notes in the verse, but when she got to the chorus, she kicked into another gear! Great job! I agree with the judges tho about the song being a bit old fashioned.

Adam - Taylor Hicks did this song. So did Vanilla Ice. It will at least be interesting. OK, that was really fun! Adam never fails to impress!

Kris - by far the best performance of the night, he showed most of them how to sing, he showed Scott how to play the piano, and he taught Gokey how to emote convincingly!

Top 3 - Kris, Adam, Lil

Bottom 3 - Anoop, Megan (even though I love her), Matt

Eliminated - Megan

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with your bottom three too stitch!! i think either megan or matt will go tonight? loved adam as always and scott was okay he is pretty boring though i like allison but did not like the hair? the dress was okay i think she was going for a 80's punk look myself! kris was okay i think he was trying to be like adam and reinvent the song?? it will be interesting to see who leaves tonight?
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stitch-I posted that song Anoop did, on the last page of this thread.

It's called "Caught up". I actually kind of like it.

I thought they picked on Allison's clothes too much...

Don't they have stylists who help them with their wardrobes?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked them singing "Don't Stop Believin".

Who is Lady Gaga, and where did she come from, because just in the past 2 weeks is the first I ever heard of her, and tonight's the first time I ever saw her sing, and none of us understood a word she said except something about a poker face, but the rest of that was a nightmare.
I thought it was awful.

Megan is a goner- I thought she was adorable, she was always smiling and upbeat.

I am surprised that Anoop out lasted her.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady GaGa looks like she tries to incorporate a lot of different styles into her music and stage show. The beginning of the song sounded very jazzy but also looks like she's very much into theatrics.

I've never been too much into the group singing performances they always seemed too forced. But can never go wrong with Don't Stop beleivin'

I picked two of the bottom three correctly. I had both Anoop and Megan there. Even though I felt Allison didn't belong down there it didn't fully surprise me either as two weeks ago I thought she gave a strong performance and ended up in the bottom three. Just don't think she's connecting with the voting public the way she should be.

There was so much to like about Megan I really liked her and her singing style but she kept choosing really bad songs which ultimately led to her demise. I think deep down she was ready to go home.

I thought it was interesting when Ryan asked Simon how many of the bottom three they would consider saving and he replied only one. My guess is that he was talking about Allison and that Anoop would have been going home if he was the bottom vote getter.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lagy Gaga is absolutely massive right now! I love her album. She's very artistic, and is right into performance art along with her music.

Isis, you might like her new single, "(Eh Eh) Nothing else I can say", it has a really cool 80's vibe to it.

As much as I love her, I'm not suprised Megan was eliminated, and it looked like she was very relieved to be gone. I love her unique voice, but she really did have a tough time picking the right song, and she didn't pick a suitable song for herself since "Black horse and the cherry tree".

Sammy, I agree that Simon was talking about Allison when he said they would consider saving one person. Allison was too good to be in the Bottom 3, based on performance it should have been Matt.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with you stitch i too thought matt should have been in the bottom three this week and i knew allsion would be safe too!! i agree megan just picked the wrong songs too but i don't think she did care like she stated last night i think she knew she was going home and was glad to go home to her baby too!! i thought lady gaga was okay i have heard better songs from her though i loved david cook's song i have that cd and it is great!! glad to see he is doing so well as i voted for him last season lol i think anoop or matt will be going home next week but probably anoop before matt dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hated Lady Ga Ga's performance. Ugh. I am SO GLAD Megan is gone!! I hated her voice and thought she was a bit of a smart azz at times. I'm very glad Simon told her since she didn't care neither did they. So next week is birth year songs. Those are ususally pretty good. And I agree with Buffalogirl--I think Anoop will go before Matt.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lady gaga is awesome.
i don't think she had the best performance last night, but i do love it when she plays piano and she actually has a voice, plus writes music. she's definitely different and a bit egotistical and i like that.

my goodness i couldn't stand watching megan last night. it was like she tried too hard to show that she "didn't care." she's pretty, and has a good voice, but only for specific types of music, i guess. she can't perform and when she tries to dance it's embarrassing. so glad she's gone, ..good riddance honey!
i kind of thought it was a disrespect to the show and simon when she said she didn't care. they put her in there and to act like that is absurd. i'm glad simon told her the same thing back.

their group performances and their ford commercials are so lame and cheesy,..can't stand them. aren't they lip syncing those group songs? it sure looks like it.

i was glad to see david cook. he looked good and sang great. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thing that sucks about David Cook though is he was supposed to be this big rocker but now he's performing generic whimp music.

What we need is for Adam to win so we'll have a winner who seems to not be the type to conform to the same old same old.

Scott or Anoop needs to go next.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
ronnie i agree with you 100% about megan she acted childish last night in my opinion and it was not called for at all!! i also agree anoop or scott or matt should go next week anyone will do out of the 3 lol!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I like Matt. He can stick around for a few more weeks.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, Scott, Lil, or Anoop can go... Or Adam. [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back and forth on Adam. Some nights I really like him and some I don't. I like Matt, too. He's not my favorite or anything but I think he's pretty good.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching American Idol faithfully from the beginning (it's almost as good as Canadian Idol) * kidding...it's way better. Anywho....I rarely watch the results show...I've always found the group singing to be painful...so I typically check the net later in the evening to see who got the boot. Sorry to say ladies....looking more and more like a man's game...can't imagine any of these girls wining...though I could handle Allison wining...Lil is too much of the same ol same ol. Birth years next week...so we may get to see some 80's classics.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I think Meagen was burned out, and wanted to see her little boy. I don't understand why her family didn't bring him there for her, because Lil's entire family was sitting there, night after night.

I don't know why Lady Gaga is an egomaniac, I think she's really unattractive, and her moves are a mess, the only thing she had going on that was cool, was her piano full of plastic balls- or whatever they were. The song was awful.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

as far as i'm concerned, they could do triple elimination next week with scott, anoop and lil rounds. [Smile]
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto Ronnie...it's kinda like...they might as well do it and get it over with...if any of those three actually became the next American Idol...I'd barf...then never watch again....and boycott the radiio for three months...which is as long as either of their careers would last! All seem like nice people though.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Songs from the year the contestants were born

Danny--1980 "Stand By Me" interesting version. Put his own twist on it and like the judges said I thought it worked pretty well. No matter what else happens tonight he will be safe.

Kris--1985 "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" One word: Horrible. First candidate for the chopping block

Lil--1984 "What's Love Got To Do With It" Once again my pre-finals favourite fails to deliver. I was really expecting bigger and better things from her. Could possibly be in trouble.

Anoop--1986 "True Colours" Another clunker. Nobody is really stepping up their game tonight. Also could be in trouble. The judges seemed to like him though

Scott--1985 "The Search Is Over" Wow Scott sings another ballad; what a surprise. He's not getting any better. For as bad as the others have been at least they weren't this bad. Time for him to go home.

Allison--1992 "I Can't Make You Love Me" IMHO the best so far tonight. Showed a different side to her not her usual rocker girl and it worked very well.

Matt--1985 "Part Time Lover" Very Very good. Interesting arrangement. Always worried with him though as he has been on the chopping block in the past for giving good performances. Same with Allison.

Adam--1982 "Mad World" That was simply incredible. Just give him the championship now. Nobody can touch this guy.

On the chopping block: Kris, Lil, Scott (Matt and/or Allison could be here also because both have been here before and not deserving it)

Going Home: Scott PLEASE!!!!!

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I guess a lot of people missed Adam's performance tonight because the show ran five minutes late so their DVR's didn't record his amazing performance.

For those who missed Tears For Fears 'Mad World' as sung by Adam Lambert here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbM_kK7n29I

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
Time once again for my live review - but first, who the hell is that creepy bald guy in the audience? He freaks me out!!

Gokey - How can he get away with doing a 50's song when he was born in 1980? He shouldn't have been allowed to do a cover. I just want him to leave.

Kris - A cool interpretation of the song, it sounds like a Stevie song. I kind of disagree with Kara about it losing it's youth, that kind of percussion has been fairly popular over the last few years (Amerie's "1 Thing", Ricki Lee's "Can't sing a different song"). I also agree with Randy, that the instrumentation overshadowed Kris.

Little Rounds - Sexy! Sultry! Probably her best performance. If you compare Lil to the diva' of Idol past (LaKisha, Melinda, Jennifer, LaToya, even Vonzell) she hasn't really come up to scratch in the last few weeks, but I hope this is the start of something great.

Noop Dogg - He's always good when he does a ballad, and I'm not suprised after last week that he's gone back to a ballad. This was OK, not bad but not as good as "Always on my mind" or "Ooh baby baby".

Scott - or is it? I don't recognise that man without a piano. Offkey, creepy staring, embarassing to listen to, and the song is awful. Time to go.

Allison - I love this song, I even liked it when Constantine sang it. For a 16 year old, she brings so much emotion to her songs. Who'd have thought someone so young could sing this song so convincingly? Definately the highlight of the night so far.

Matt - Remember when Kevin "Chicken Little" Covais sang this song? Well, this was so much better. I think this exemplifies what Paula was talking about earlier, about arrangements - it was jazzy, like Kris's song, but Matt wasn't overshadowed by it.

Adam - Simply stunning. I'm glad he reigned it in for once, he needed to show a different side.

This song was done on Australian Idol in 2007 during semi finals week by a 16 year old named Ben McKenzie, his version was very different to Adams, but it was very haunting-

Mad World, Australian Idol

OK, so bottom 3 -

Scott
Lil
Kris

Should go - Scott

Will go - Scott. I think the novelty is over and he can't hide behind his disability when the talent is no longer good enough.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
last night i only liked allison and adam i thought chris was okay but nothing great, scott is just boring now and lil just tried too hard to be tina nice voice but not original. my two fave's are allison and adam i am hoping either of these will win! i think either scott or anoop will go home tonight!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I was totally disappointed with the song choices, since alot of them were from the mid 80s- which it's hard for me to believe that those kids were born the year I graduated high school. I loved Adam singing Mad World, I knew I knew that song, but it was so different...it was very cool. He should win, he's so unique.

I never liked the songs Part Time Lover or All She wants to Do is Dance- when they were out in the 80s- I would say those are 2 of the most annoying songs that I could think up from the 80s.

I liked Lil Rounds doing the little Tina Turner dance moves- it was very deja vuish.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

wow what a bad night.

i hardly liked any of those performances.
and i missed adam's song because of the overtime, my dvr cut it off. i was miffed. (thanks for posting a link to the song, sam, i will check it out in a few)

gotta say, i was surprised by their song choices. i thought it was cool how most of them picked songs that weren't heavily played-out & popular so it made it interesting.

Danny-- wow that was yucky and annoying. each week he becomes more mediocre and his voice drives me nuts - still don't like him!

Kris-- love the song he chose, but he could have pepped it up, times 1,000. i agree with randy, the arrangement definitely overpowered him. and simon was correct as well, it came off over indulgent. bad week for kris [Frown] . but i doubt he's in the bottom 3.

Lil-- horrible once again. i cannot believe she was trying to be tina..what the heck was she thinking? simon was 100% right about her, she's not showing us who SHE is..

Anoop-- i hated his version of true colors. i don't get what the judges heard on this. he bores me to death. he too, can go home already.

Scott-- please go home.

Allison-- love the song she sang and she sang it ok, it wasn't knock out stuff or anything. but just ok.

Matt-- he impressed me. his version of part time lover was great, it was the best performance i saw.

Adam-- i didn't get to see him live, but i will go watch him now.

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home