iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 27)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I need to see Quarantine. I've been waiting like 20 years for a movie to scare me.....maybe this is the one?!?!?

Guess I'm going to have to wait another 20 years for a movie to scare me....Just watched this for the first time and I don't think I flinched once. It must be me....I can't find one movie these days that even attempts to scare me in the least bit. I would be happy if one made me even jump a little....nothing. The first 20 minutes of this movie was tough enough to watch as it is. Then it finally gets into the "horror" aspect and it was more aggravating than anything. The way the camera was being flung around and the light flickering and such the entire time sure made it difficult to follow at times. And then the non-stop screaming and whimpering of the woman lead character was annoying as hell during the last 20 minutes or so. It had it's decent moments, but not even close to what I was expecting.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not just you. Quarantine was good, but I didn't think it was scary in a jump-out-of-your-seat kind of way.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally watched Gran Torino and Taken. Loved Gran Torino- not your average Clint film though! I may have to go out and buy it. My friend made me wait until I got down to the beach to see her- her father lent both movies to her, and also 3:10 to Yuma, but I already saw that a while ago. Taken- a good action flick. Don't know what all the fuss was about from the critics about how horrible it was supposed to be.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Book (2006)

- Fantastic WWII movie directed by the genius Paul Verhoeven.
Verhoeven may be back in Europe
but he´s still one of the best directors on this planet.

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Halloween 2--very good, but not as good as Zombie's original. Still watchable. The ending was, well, all I can say is I'm gonna have to watch it again to see if what I think happened actually happened lol.

I also watched Sex Drive. Now, I had never even heard of it but there was nothing else on last night. OMG it was hilarious!! Seth Green was sooo funny as an Amish mechanic. I'd definitely recommend it if you like raunchy comedies.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man On Fire - Eh, not bad. Last 15 mins or so were a bit of a let down.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killshot - This was a really good hitman thriller starring Mickey Rourke, Diane Lane.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I'm going to have to wait another 20 years for a movie to scare me....Just watched this for the first time and I don't think I flinched once. It must be me....I can't find one movie these days that even attempts to scare me in the least bit. I would be happy if one made me even jump a little....nothing. The first 20 minutes of this movie was tough enough to watch as it is. Then it finally gets into the "horror" aspect and it was more aggravating than anything. The way the camera was being flung around and the light flickering and such the entire time sure made it difficult to follow at times. And then the non-stop screaming and whimpering of the woman lead character was annoying as hell during the last 20 minutes or so. It had it's decent moments, but not even close to what I was expecting.

Quarantine didn't do much for me either, but the original Spanish version was much better, I thought. The end sequence was far superior in the original for one.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Switchblade Romance aka High Tension - Tense indeedy and brutal. Me likey [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Step Brothers - I really enjoyed the first half but then it got a bit dull.
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same reaction to Step Brothers. First Act = hilarious, Second Act = mediocre, Third Act = boring with predictable Hollywood ending.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:
Switchblade Romance aka High Tension - Tense indeedy and brutal.

isn't it? great movie! glad you liked it. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Step Brothers was soooooooo funny Ronnie. The drum set scene involving Will Ferrell's anatomy and the seduction of John C. Reilly by Will Ferrell's brother's wife had me in the floor...

I watched Step Brothers last night for the first time. This movie was so stupid that I couldn't stop laughing during the entire movie. I haven't laughed this hard since Superbad. I recommend.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

80s Rocked, I loved Stepbrothers! Absolutely hilarious.

I watched Bedtime Stories, with Adam Sandler, last night. Cute family movie!

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I watched Step Brothers last night for the first time. This movie was so stupid that I couldn't stop laughing during the entire movie. I haven't laughed this hard since Superbad. I recommend.

Brainless laugh fodder!

This quote really cracked me up...

"Suppose Nancy sees me coming out of the shower and decides to come on to me. I'm looking good, got a luscious v of hair going through my chest pubes down to my ball fro. She takes one look at me and goes " Oh my god, I've had the old bull now I want the young calf" and she grabs me by the weiner."

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta love Boats and Hoes......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice to see all the love for Stepbrothers. I've been telling everyone to see it. One of Ferrell's finest if you ask me. The sleepwalking scenes had me in tears I was laughing so hard.... [Big Grin]
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're men. We **** with the door open and talk about *****. LMAO........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy A (2007). A youth is released from prison following his having concluded a incarceration sentence for the murder of a schoolgirl when he was a child and tries to start afresh under a new identity, but problems arise when the general public together with the press learn who he truly is. Stars Andrew Garfield, Peter Mullan, Katie Lyons and Alfie Owen.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
quote:
There'll be no morning for us:
Switchblade Romance aka High Tension - Tense indeedy and brutal.

isn't it? great movie! glad you liked it. [Smile]
What did you think about its ending? I hear so many complaints about that but I liked it myself.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT ALICE FOUND (2003) a movie about a teen girl who is on a road trip who has car trouble. A "nice couple" comes and offers her help and the next thing she knows she's traveling with them and they are pimping her out as a trockstop prostitute.

This was really good and not like an after-school special or LIFETIME movie (not that I dont love afterschool specials!)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we watched remember the titans last night great movie from 2000!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
My friend and I watched The Ruins last night. It's one of the few horror films that's come out of Hollywood in the past few years that I actually like. Parasitic plants. Cool concept.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have SUNSHINE CLEANING in my house. Might watch that tonight.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love me if you dare (2003).. I aint usually one for foreign subtitled films but enjoyed this one.
Its about 2 friends who's entire lives has been a game of dares.
Really funny in parts, to be far though i was drunk at the time of watching [Big Grin]

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home