iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 24)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Batman Begins - I gave it a 7/10 on first viewing. I've upped it to 8 with this second watch cos I'm generous like that [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GRAN TORINO.... No masterpiece but pretty decent.

UNTRACEABLE... ok time filler/killer.

CHARLIE WILSONS WAR... One of the best movies I have seen in a long time.... two words... Gust Avrakatos!

[ 10. June 2009, 08:26: Message edited by: JAY LEE ]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE: Good but not Earth-shatteringly fabulous.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Night At The Museum 2 last night have to admit really enjoyed it,good harmless fun with a story you don't have to think much about.
Better than the first one by a long way.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
CHARLIE WILSONS WAR...

Everybody I talk to loves this movie. I, however, couldn't get more than 1/2 hour into it before I had to turn it off. Absolutely could not take anymore. I don't even know why....just one of those things, some movies are like that for me.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote a paper once on CIA's involement in the afghan-russian conflict, so the subject is interesting to me. However, I think that Julia Roberts was HORRIBLY miscast, and a real distraction! Felt the same way with Angelina Jolie in The Good Shepherd, strangely enough, another CIA flick.

And I don't even like Tom Hanks (outside of the Burbs) that much. But Philip Seymour Hoffman made this movie! Somehow this movie really did it for me. I would never have seen it, if it hadn't come on TV.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miracle at Saint Anna... 7/10... Miracle?

CHARLIE WILSONS WAR... 8/10

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Everybody I talk to loves this movie. I, however, couldn't get more than 1/2 hour into it before I had to turn it off. Absolutely could not take anymore. I don't even know why....just one of those things, some movies are like that for me.

same here, 80s. i started watching this movie and for some reason, i just couldn't get into it. i had to turn it off. that happens to me sometimes with different movies too.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finaly watched Quantum Of Boredom on DVD the other night....oops i meant Quantum Of Solace.
jeez it was awful.the only reason that was called a Bond film is cos his name is James Bond,other than that it has no other qualities related to what a Bond movie is.And i dont mean silly gadgets or Roger Moore type quips,i mean the look of it and the scale of it.Was like a poor Bourne movie rip-off to me,especially the roof-top chase.And i notice Daniel Craig only has one expression in his acting range lol he just pouts no matter what the emotion.haha.
Terrible,just terrible.
I needed to watch From Russia With Love straight wawy to restore my faith in Mr Bond

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will Ferrell: You're Welcome America - A Final Night with George W Bush (2009)

- A good and funny show.

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched that yesterday too [Smile]

Yeah it was funny and poignant!

I think Will Ferrell is a gifted comedian, But I can barely sit through any of his movies!

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree i liked will in saturday night live but his last few movies were really dumb maybe he needs some new writers for his movies?
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x0x0ilymucho
Master Rewinder
Member # 6772

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for x0x0ilymucho   Author's Homepage   Email x0x0ilymucho       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE will ferrel n i agree his movies are a tad uninteresting (EXCEPT ELF!) but he is great on SNL. n for my last movie i saw...in the theater is Terminator Salvation. it was good...reealy intense but it felt like a war movie n didnt have that same feel the 1st, 2nd, n mabye even da 3rd had.
Posts: 102 | From: Hill Valley, 1985 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Proposition - Nice [Big Grin]

-

[ 24. June 2009, 09:12: Message edited by: There'll be no morning for us ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The X-Files: I Want to Believe--I wanted to believe it was gonna be good. But I was disappointed. Just mediocre at best.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bolt.

It was "fully awesome!"

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pineapple Express: OK, not as funny as I thought it would be. James Franco was good doing his Brad Pitt from True Romance acting.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
The X-Files: I Want to Believe--I wanted to believe it was gonna be good. But I was disappointed. Just mediocre at best.

I agree petty....this movie sucked. And I was a HUGE X-Files fan.

Also watched this recently:

-

Nice documentary about performance enhancing drugs in the world of sports today.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Public Enemies: 8/10. It lasted over 2 hours but it seemed a lot less. One of those movies that keeps you interested the entire time IMO......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Step Brothers 2008... 6/10 if you're drinking.

Waaaaaaaaay, stupid movie, childish. Drink before watching. There were some pretty funny scenes...

"Suppose Nancy sees me coming out of the shower and decides to come on to me. I'm looking good, got a luscious v of hair going through my chest pubes down to my ball fro. She takes one look at me and goes " Oh my god, I've had the old bull now I want the young calf" and grabs me by the !@#$%^&*."

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hi Rewinders!

Just watched "Into The Storm" AKA/Churchill at War in the UK. It's another movie about Winston Churchill during WWII. Very well done I thought. Churchill was played by Brendan Gleeson (In Bruges, Harry Potter films, 28 Days Later etc...) He is a very good actor IMO.

-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0992993/

Well worth seeing. 8/10 [Smile]

- jdocster

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw wild hogs already but noticed it is on the fx channel tonight at 8;00 p.m. (2007) for anyone who has not seen it i do recommend it for a few good laughs!! love tim allen and trovolta in this flick!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like Wild Hogs.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen TAKEN? I rented that for this weekend.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I saw it. It starts off really well and seems like it's going to be a great realistic thriller, but then it kind of falls into familiar territory in the last act and settles for formulaic action antics. Not bad, but not great either.

On a side note, Maggie Grace is embarassingly bad as Liam Neeson's daughter, trying way too hard to constantly remind the audience that she's a teenage girl and not the 25-year-old adult she is in real life.

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home