iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 26)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:
30 Days of Night - Meh, a few ok parts but that's about it.

Really? [Eek!] I loved this movie!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30 days of Night was OK, a lot of it was too familiar and the vampires were a bit lame.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought 30 Days of Night was awesome. I was really not expecting to like it after hearing all the mediocre reviews and for the fact that it stars Josh Hartnett, Hollywood's second most boring star, but it was terrific. I love that they went with hideous beastial vampires and not the Ann Rice-esque gay gothic vampires like every other movie made lately.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched...

-Observe and Report... So so... 6/10
-Lakeview Terrace... Predictable!... 5/10

- jdocster

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
I thought 30 Days of Night was awesome. I was really not expecting to like it after hearing all the mediocre reviews and for the fact that it stars Josh Hartnett, Hollywood's second most boring star, but it was terrific. I love that they went with hideous beastial vampires and not the Ann Rice-esque gay gothic vampires like every other movie made lately.

I kind of liked this movie too. I especially like the realistic ending... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:

well said! loved this movie too...so much i had to own it!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a few over the last couple of days:

Lakeview Terrace: 6/10
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist: 5/10
Frost/Nixon: 8/10

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just watched...

The Hangover - 6/10
Twilight - 7/10

[Smile]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just saw...

Appaloosa - 6/10 Well acted but slow and predictable.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Forgot, I saw The Hangover. Pretty funny at times but, not as good as I thought it would be. 7/10 [Smile]
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knowing.

Read mixed reviews on this movie but I actually really enjoyed it. The ending was a bit naff but overall I'm glad I gave it a go.

120885NOMS6754663082358745804 [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by He came and he saw that it was NOMS:
Knowing.

Read mixed reviews on this movie but I actually really enjoyed it. The ending was a bit naff but overall I'm glad I gave it a go.

Most reviews I read weren't good. Glad someone saw it and liked it. I may give it a try.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw the remake of 3:10 to Yuma, starring Christian Bale, Russell Crowe, and Ben Foster. I quite enjoyed it, even though I'm not a big fan of westerns - or of remakes.

8/10

[ 13. August 2009, 18:49: Message edited by: saturnchick ]

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by He came and he saw that it was NOMS:
Knowing.

loved that movie.. from beginning to end! loved the film score and the the way it was shot too!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw The Perfect Getaway the other day. It was pretty bad, but I did dig the almost inappropriate moments of dark humor offered by Timothy Olyphant's character. Somehow that was what worked best. It was kind of like the movie came alive only when it was in self-mockery mode. The rest was mostly a mess: loads of plot holes, obvious twists, dumb dialog that's meant to be serious, non-sensical plot points, etc.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
Julie & Julia - of course Meryl Streep was great.

7/10

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was in a second hand store friday night checking out the dvd's and cd's there i did pick up ice age for 1.89 wow what a deal we love the crazy squirrel in the movie he is too funny chasing that acorn around lol !!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monsters Vs Aliens.

Enjoyed it, and the kids loved it.

8/10

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hit and Run--pretty good after it got started. However, it could've been better--the lead actress was so annoying.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gave Indy 4 another run, but it still blows massive chunks! This is by far the saddest attempt i've ever seen of trying to "recapture the magic". Spielberg should be ashamed, and so should everyone involved! This movie doesn't have ONE redeeming factor, and is a pathetic latter day sh!tstain on an otherwise perfect adventure trilogy!

SHAME..... SHAME.....

0/10

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
Gave Indy 4 another run, but it still blows massive chunks! This is by far the saddest attempt i've ever seen of trying to "recapture the magic". Spielberg should be ashamed, and so should everyone involved! This movie doesn't have ONE redeeming factor, and is a pathetic latter day sh!tstain on an otherwise perfect adventure trilogy!

SHAME..... SHAME.....

0/10

Huh. Funny I feel just the opposite. Thought it was pretty good.
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched a mixed bag of movies:

The Uninvited - wasn't expecting much but was generally entertained. I know this is another americanised remake of an asian film but I liked it anyway. 7/10

12 Rounds - WWE films try to remake Die Hard with John Cena. Poor acting, cliched action,a laughable villain and a total ******* FBI agent. Mindless popcorn flick. 4/10

Push - Not quite what I was hoping for based on the trailers. Excellent premise that could have been done better. Obvious set up for a sequel which is unlikely evr to happen. 5/10

We are Noms amused [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast, 2001 DVD(Classic Albums)

-

Nice documentary on the making of and thoughts behind this masterpiece album.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Howls Moving Castle...which is not as good as the book.

Oh and I saw 500 days of Summer....which I liked a lot [Smile]

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home