iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 21)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Step Brothers - Not as funny as some other Will Ferrell movies but parts of it did make me laugh..Its definitely worth watching if you like his other films.
Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
88 Minutes with Al Pacino. Pretty decent watch.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we rented the strangers from the red box last night if you have not seen it yet don't bother not scary at all and the first 45 minutes was boring!! not a good scary movie at all pretty sad choice for steven tyler's daughter to star in compared to the other movies i have seen her in? sorry i forgot her name? anyways i would give this movie a half a star if that lol!!!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched IP Man...

It's the story of Yip Man when he was younger before he moved from Foshan to Hong Kong. It takes place during the Japanese invasion (1937). Anyway, Yip Man was a renown Wing Chun master (3rd gen) who eventually taught Bruce Lee. It's a good movie for non martial artists, and, a great movie for martial artists, in particular Wing Chun/JKD practitioners.

This movie is "not" available in English. You have to read the subtitles. Normally, I hate this, but, it didn't bother me one bit during this compelling movie.

9/10 - I highly recommend this movie... [Smile]

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Double-Disc-Spcial-DVD/dp/B001TOVZYQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1239210083&sr=8-2

-

- jdocster

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched marley and me and last night on dvd..
cute movie!

yes, i cried. [Frown]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And that's the exact reason I won't watch Marley and Me, or read the book either, for that matter.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Where the Heart Is (2000), with Ashley Judd, Stockard Channing and Natalie Portman. It was an excellent movie. There were funny parts and sad parts. I guess it was kind of a chick flick, which I don't usually watch, but I enjoyed it immensely.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beer League - I love this sh*t [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JUNO... loved it. Best (new) movie i've seen in a long time!

BE KIND REWIND... oh my word... this one of the absolute worst movies I have ever seen. I eventually shut it off, when I couldn't take it anymore!

PRIDE AND GLORY... boring, run of the mill cop movie!

WE OWN THE NIGHT... boring gangster/cop movie!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw The Farmer Astronaut this weekend. It starred Billy Bob Thorton, Bruce Dern, and, Virginia Madsen. I tell you, she is still damned pretty! Not a bad movie. There was a cameo by Bruce Willis as well...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

6/10

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

You Don't Mess with the Zohan. Kinda silly at times, but man I love Adam Sandler! Pretty darn good overall.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we watched snakes on a plane last night never saw it yet? didn't miss much it was just okay to me!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I watched the Uninvited. Very good, suspenseful movie. It had a very twisted ending also.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
actually right now i am watching the movie called the diary of ellen sorry forgot the last name but it is the movie based on the one stephen king did rose red on sci-fi never saw it before pretty good though.
DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got done watching Once Upon A Time in Mexico,its not as good as Desperado.But Johnny Depp puts in another solid performance.

I cant wait for the movie (Taken) with Liam Neeson to come out on dvd.Seen it at movies this year and it was the best movie i have seen in a long time.

Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

7/10

Spoon: I hope I give you the sh1ts, you ***ing wimp. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw a special screening of 'Star Trek'. I would recommend it to everyone I know. It's pace, story, and execution was nicely done.

There are minor tidbits from the original tv show. I'm sure die hard Trekkie's would have a great laugh about it.

Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i watched desperation last night i liked it even more the second time i watched it. i also watched a new movie on sc-fi fireball it was okay a little far fetched but okay! dee
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
I watched IP Man...

It's the story of Yip Man when he was younger before he moved from Foshan to Hong Kong. It takes place during the Japanese invasion (1937). Anyway, Yip Man was a renown Wing Chun master (3rd gen) who eventually taught Bruce Lee. It's a good movie for non martial artists, and, a great movie for martial artists, in particular Wing Chun/JKD practitioners.

This movie is "not" available in English. You have to read the subtitles. Normally, I hate this, but, it didn't bother me one bit during this compelling movie.

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Double-Disc-Spcial-DVD/dp/B001TOVZYQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1239210083&sr=8-2

-

- jdocster

Ip Man is pretty damn sweet!

Have you seen SPL(killzone) and Flashpoint, jdocster??

Donnie is a beast in those!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
 -

7/10

Spoon: I hope I give you the sh1ts, you ***ing wimp. [Big Grin]

J2ME,

This is one of the funniest movies I have seen. I love the part you quoted. I laughed so hard I hurt myself! [Big Grin]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
I saw State Of Play this weekend. It wasn't bad. Not great, a little drawn out, a typical newspaper reporter know too much flick with a nice little twist at the end. 7/10

- jdocster

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:

Originally posted by jdocster:
I watched IP Man...

-

- jdocster

quote:
Originally posted by :Jay Lee
Ip Man is pretty damn sweet!

Have you seen SPL(killzone) and Flashpoint, jdocster??

Donnie is a beast in those!

Jay Lee,

I'll put them on the list! Donnie Yen is simply awesome to watch in most anything.

What I love about this movie is that it's true to "traditional" Wing Chun (Ving Tsun) style, and, it's show in it's most brutally effective form. You don't see much of the "Hong Kong", jumping around, movie theatrics during the Wing Chun scenes. It's all real.

Anyone who likes kung fu movies, or, martial arts movies would like this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tAvcukftbc

- jdocster [Big Grin]

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
I know, used to practice Wing Chun myself. And this movie gets it right! Sammo Hung did the action choreography... he's a genius!
Let_The_Wind_Erase_Me
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6519

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Let_The_Wind_Erase_Me   Author's Homepage   Email Let_The_Wind_Erase_Me   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Posts: 25 | From: Northren Ireland | Registered: Jan 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home