iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 18)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi fairybeliever and welcome to the site!

The second movie must be Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend (1985)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088760/

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairybeliever
Rewind Curious
Member # 8191

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for fairybeliever   Author's Homepage   Email fairybeliever   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU aTomiK, I thought it had to do with something Baby, now if only I can remember the FIRST movie, lol.
Gonna hop on Netflix right now and add that movie.
Appreciate it!

Posts: 3 | From: Florida | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Anyway, the first movie (and I'm not sure if its 70's, 80's, or 90's honestly (when you get older, everything starts to just blend together) is I think about a boy and he lives maybe in the jungle, like the Amazon and there's this river and there's something scary in the river and he rides a dolphin ???? Any clue?
It's possible your getting movies mixed-up. But here are some suggestions:

'The Blue Lagoon':

IMDB Blue Lagoon

'Return to the Blue Lagoon':

IMDB Return to the Blue Lagoon

And for a 'monster in the lake':

'The Quest' (aka 'Frog Dreaming' aka 'The Go-Kids):

IMDB The Quest

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fairybeliever:
I found this site just a minute ago because I have TWO movies that I can't for the LIFE of me remember what they're called and have searched and asked people for YEARS! God I love the internet, lol.

Anyway, the first movie (and I'm not sure if its 70's, 80's, or 90's honestly (when you get older, everything starts to just blend together) is I think about a boy and he lives maybe in the jungle, like the Amazon and there's this river and there's something scary in the river and he rides a dolphin ???? Any clue?

Thank you for any help! I appreciate it!

I would like to think you are looking for
Where the River Runs Black (1986)
[Smile]

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
It's possible your getting movies mixed-up. But here are some suggestions:

'The Blue Lagoon':

IMDB Blue Lagoon

'Return to the Blue Lagoon':

IMDB Return to the Blue Lagoon

And for a 'monster in the lake':

'The Quest' (aka 'Frog Dreaming' aka 'The Go-Kids):

IMDB The Quest

Maybe "The Creature From The Blue Lagoon"?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe "The Creature From The Blue Lagoon"?
I like it! Especially if that creature is Brooke Shields! Unless of course... you were talking about Christopher Atkins! [Eek!]
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairybeliever
Rewind Curious
Member # 8191

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for fairybeliever   Author's Homepage   Email fairybeliever   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ding Ding Ding!! Thanks a million Kerberus! Just searched Where The River Runs Black and that's it! YAH! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Man, it's been YEARS since I've seen that movie. Time to go to Netflix and add it to my list, lol. I appreciate everyone's help!
Posts: 3 | From: Florida | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah G.
Rewind Curious
Member # 8234

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Sarah G.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I've scoured the board and the site to see if the movie was there, but I couldn't find it.

I'm pretty sure this was an 80s movie-- my guess would be around 1985-1987. I remember that it starts out that there's a solar eclipse coming. This blonde teen girl has a kid sister and their parents are throwing a big party to watch the eclipse. The girl is in her boyfriend's basement and she gives up her virginity to him. Meanwhile, the solar eclipse occurs and seemingly everyone on Earth is somehow turned to dust (I remember a scene panning showing all the people clothes just lying on the ground). The teen girl and the kid sister reunite and try to figure out what happened. They meet up with some other people including a guy who works in a radio station. I don't remember much else- I don't think any of the actors were very famous and it wasn't a great quality movie or anything.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Rewind Sarah!

I think that the movie you´re looking for
is a classic called Night of the Comet (1984)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087799/

-  -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah G.
Rewind Curious
Member # 8234

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Sarah G.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much, atomik! For years I have wondered what this was. I didn't even realize that "Night of the Comet" was it when I read the summary page. I am so happy!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I´m glad i could help.
Have fun while watching it again!

Humphrey
Rewind Curious
Member # 8060

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Humphrey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking for this movie i remember watching about 20 years ago. It is about a man who was sent to this desert penal colony for getting drunk and cutting off parking meters. When he get there he somehow leads this group against another group of people for resources. The leader of the other group of people was a murder and thought the main character was too, and that is why he wanted to fight him or something. If i remember correctly it was futuristic.

I hope someone can help me, and im sorry about the bad description i was like 6 when i saw this movie so my perception may be a bit distorted. Anyways Thanks in advance.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Humphrey:
I was looking for this movie i remember watching about 20 years ago. It is about a man who was sent to this desert penal colony for getting drunk and cutting off parking meters. When he get there he somehow leads this group against another group of people for resources. The leader of the other group of people was a murder and thought the main character was too, and that is why he wanted to fight him or something. If i remember correctly it was futuristic.

The only thing similar that comes to my mind is No Escape. Doubt that is it though, it's from 1994.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110678/

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Fortress?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106950/

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apellosine
Rewind Curious
Member # 8254

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Apellosine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok so i've just got back into watching a while heap of movies i remember growing up with. Last Starfighter, Weird Science, Weekend at Bernies, etc. However there is one that i can only remember a little bit about and not the title.

The lead character pours some sort of chemical on pictures of girls and they come to life. That is all I remember from it and would appreciate any help finding the movie.

- ryan

Posts: 1 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Sep 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
It was an episode of the TV series 'Amazing Stories':

IMDB Amazing Stories

marog12
Rewind Curious
Member # 8284

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for marog12         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my friends and i were talking about a movie we think is from the 80's that had a dna homming missle?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marog12:
my friends and i were talking about a movie we think is from the 80's that had a dna homming missle?

Don't think it had anything to do with DNA but it reminds me of the excellent movie Runaway starring Tom Selleck
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wangmauler
Rewind Curious
Member # 8289

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for wangmauler   Author's Homepage   Email wangmauler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there all. I'm new here, I wanted to help out but also find out what a movie name was called! I looked and searched through this thread and couldn't find the name of this one, so here goes.

This movie I believe was from the late 80's. It was a pg-13 movie probably(maybe pg), about this young kid(maybe freshman in high school), who found out there were monsters under his bed - and the monsters could take him to another world under his bed - to their world.

In the monster world, I remember there being skateboarders and a lot of what I thought was cool stuff back then - I remember the boy going down to their world every night, and in doing so, i think he started becoming one of them, and during the day at school he had to wear sunglasses(because it was very dark in their world, and our world was too bright), and was very tired because he was up all night.

I remember only seeing this movie on TV, and only maybe 2 or 3 times in my childhood, but of course, the name eludes me, and I can't find much details on the all powerful Google.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks a lot, and I hope to be able to help in the near future.

Posts: 1 | From: central MA | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, welcome to Rewind. I think the film your looking for is...

Little Monsters 1989

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097758/

[ 06. October 2009, 10:21: Message edited by: hewzy ]

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Humphrey:

I hope someone can help me, and im sorry about the bad description i was like 6 when i saw this movie so my perception may be a bit distorted. Anyways Thanks in advance.

Is it some sort of spoof? Because the first part about cutting off parking meters is straight out of Cool Hand Luke.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PNorris1979
Rewind Curious
Member # 8317

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for PNorris1979   Author's Homepage   Email PNorris1979   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know this movie? Its about abunch of teenagers that dress up for halloween and start becomeing the monsters thay dressed up as.
Posts: 1 | From: LaGrange | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
88LXi68
Rewind Curious
Member # 8324

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 88LXi68   Email 88LXi68   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off this a great forum...wish I found it earlier.

For the last 5-6yrs I have been trying find a movie that I saw on HBO, Cinemax or Showtime anytime from 1987-94. I just can't find it.

The movie is set around teenagers in high school. one scene they are in a gym for a pep rally or some sort gathering. I then remember a kid and his girlfriend getting into a black muscle car and racing around town. the passenger had a remote that could change the street lights from red to green.

I know I am not giving a lot of info, but any idea would great!

thanks

[ 16. October 2009, 16:08: Message edited by: 88LXi68 ]

Posts: 1 | From: CT | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PNorris1979:
Does anyone know this movie? Its about abunch of teenagers that dress up for halloween and start becomeing the monsters thay dressed up as.

I don't know a movie like that, however, there was an episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in which that happened.
Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyswagga
Rewind Curious
Member # 8325

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for nyswagga   Email nyswagga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its an 80's movie and all I can remember from the movie is there is a boy...maybe two boys...there in a house and they are looking out the window, the sky turns dark, they go out the window, then there is a scene change where it shows an old barbershop and an empty street. The boy(s) come up to a carnival...the carousel is on and they go over to it....there is a guy on the carousel with music comin from it....the sky has turned into a storm and this guy gets electrocuted on the carousel.. and that's at the end of the movie..anyone know?
Posts: 1 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home