iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RE: Q: I dunno if this is an 80's movie or not but this girl is going all over town lookin 4 this rockstar guy she likes and at the end she finds him like geting on to a personal jet or something and he is played by the same guy who is her best friend....

A: the movie was called 'Trojan Wars' also known as 'Rescue Me.' It starred Jennifer Love Hewitt and then boyfriend Will Friedle of 'Boy Meets World' fame.

This is actually 'Modern Girls'. The rockstar was Bruno X, and the guy who was the best friend (Cliff) were the same guy. I just want to toss in that this was another Virginia Madsen movie! Dang, she was a hottie!!

Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lensfort
Rewind Curious
Member # 3538

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lensfort   Email Lensfort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been after this movie for years, I seen it when I was a little kid in the mid 80's, though I'm not sure if it is infact an 80's movie, it could be older. Here's what I remember:

Childrens movie, not animated, but done with puppets - life size, as far as I can tell it's not Jim Henson, but I could be wrong.

The movie featured an elephant as one of the main characters, I think it was pink (could be a mammoth), while it was an elephant, it was rather short, cute and cuddley. There was another puppet character, but I can't remember what it was (possibly blue though).
I have a feeling that there was also children (real ones) in it.

The story went along the lines of a fantasy adventure (same sort of style of the dark crystal, but more "cute"), anyway a main climax of the movie involved the elephant turning evil by the baddy, and much larger (scarey lookin) and one of the other characters, the child/children had to give this elephant a hug to bring it back to normal.

This is all I can remember of it, I have looked all over the internet for this movie with no prevail. As I said I don't think it's Jim Henson, as I have searched all his work. It's like a mix of Fraggle Rock's cuteness and Dark Crystal's fantasy. Any ideas on this please reply or better yet, e-mail me at lensfort@evolution.org.au

Thanks

Posts: 2 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q.
OK... came out somewhere between 84 - 86. The lead character was a cyborg w/ a eye patch and had no legs but had like tank treads for his lower half... sorry, but this is the most I can remember for now.

A. Eliminators
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091003/

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loneill819
Rewind Curious
Member # 3576

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for loneill819   Email loneill819   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am looking for a movie that i saw only on hbo atleast 15 yars ago. it was about a girl (maybe helen hunt) who moved to a new town with her family and played football. one guy on the team likes her and calls her Canada. in the end her team buys her a dress for a dance and the guy who likes her takes her. i think she wins homecoming queen or something too. can anyone help? nick seems to know all!
Posts: 2 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loneill819
Rewind Curious
Member # 3576

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for loneill819   Email loneill819   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am looking for a movie that i saw only on hbo atleast 15 yars ago. it was about a girl (maybe helen hunt) who moved to a new town with her family and played football. one guy on the team likes her and calls her Canada. in the end her team buys her a dress for a dance and the guy who likes her takes her. i think she wins homecoming queen or something too. can anyone help? nick seems to know all!
Posts: 2 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lensfort
Rewind Curious
Member # 3538

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lensfort   Email Lensfort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lensfort:
I've been after this movie for years, I seen it when I was a little kid

Please, anyone remember anything like this movie. I have been checking these forums every 2nd day to see if I have a response. ANY news could you please forward to lensfort@evolution.org.au
Posts: 2 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen it, but it sounds like 'The Hugga Bunch':

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173915/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor Doom
Rewind Curious
Member # 3582

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Doctor Doom   Email Doctor Doom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello everyone. i have a few movies that i need help with.

the first one is a horror movie...gotta love those. anyway, a giant spider attacks a cornered man, and instantly drains him of all of his body fluids, and his skin contracts around his skeleton. i saw this on TV when i was a kid (born in 1980...the start of a great era!) and i thought it was cool, even if it did look cheesy.

in a comedy/horror movie a man with glasses is chained up and attacked by some creatures (i can't remember what they were) and later on he's seen as not having any flesh on his chest, just a bloody rib cage. a really fake-looking blood rib cage at that.

at the end of a sci-fi movie a man is transported to a barren planet where in the sky there are all sorts of strange planets, i remember one of them looking like Saturn. he looks around at his surroundings, and then starts walking.

an alien is on earth killing people. the heroes in the movie, along with an old scientist, figure out that the alien communicates and pays attention with certain types of sound. the scientist uses a xylophone, and a particular set of notes, to try to communicate with the alien. the alien responds, mimicing what he hears, and appears to be totally harmless as this is happening. the scientist approaches the alien, as they communicate with each other. the scientist is smiling and laughing, thinking he's now able to reason with the monster and has also made a scientific discovery. then the alien suddendly kills him.

i remember reading the box of an 80s action movie at the video store, but i can't remember the name of it. but i remember it describing biker gangs wielding chainsaws. i thought that was totally radical and i think i need to see this movie. [Smile]

an 80s scifi movie about a boy who is really an alien hybrid, and the aliens come back to take him home. his mother is forced to watch him leave on their spaceship. there was also a part 2 if i'm not mistakened. i'd love to see the next part, and to see the first one again to refresh my memory.

here's a list of the 80s movies that i own on vhs. some of these are REAL gems...

Lifeforce
The Being
Beastmaster
R.O.T.O.R.
American Ninja
Invasion USA
Forced Vengance
Hero and the Terror
Breeders
Ironmaster
Repo Man
Back to the Beach
One Crazy Summer
Shotgun
Millennium
Rebel High
Tougher than Leather
Young Einstein
The Wizard
Beyond the Door II (i think it's 70s, but it's still one of the best horror movies out there!)

i realize that some of these, like Shotgun, Ironmaster, and Breeders, are more rare. anyone recognize them?

and now that i think about it, i really REALLY need to find these when i get some extra money...

-Legend!!!
-more of those horror movies made by those italian dudes!
-any comedy/teen/school movie that makes me wish i was born in 1970 instead of 1980!
-any radical 80s action movie that kicks major butt and makes me wanna say "whooooaaaaa DUDE, that was, like, TOTALLY awesome!".
-any sci-fi movie i find interesting (most of them!)
-any other horror movies i find interesting (most of them!)

and everytime i glance at the "movies smartmenu" i see something i want to see again...Troll, Ratboy, Porkys, Conan, Toxic Avenger, Ferris Bueller, Firestarter, Spaceballs, Mad Max.......and one that's not even listed and you need to write a review for!!! Phantasm!!! That demonic tall guy rules and you know it! it's been a really long time since i saw that one. does anyone remember where that guy came from in the first place? wasn't it another dimension, kind of like hell?

there's a video store in the town i live in that still has most of it's VHS videos, especially the horror movies since people still rent those a lot. the sci-fi section went downhill a lot in recent years because nobody really rented those movies so they sold most of them...and i wasn't around to get many copies. if i knew about all of the times they were going to sell some of them and i had a lot of money i would have bought most of them. anyway, i'm thinking about going there sometime this week and making a list of all of the interesting horror movies and then coming back to the board to see if you guys remember them. i might even stop by the action section and see what's still there.

Posts: 1 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one with the planet that looked like Saturn was called 'The Quiet Earth':

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089869/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by loneill819:

Sounds like 1983's "Quarterback Princess", I believe it's called. I haven't seen it, but I would like, being as it has a supporting role in it for Kathleen Wilhoite.

Also, regarding "Modern Girls": Virginia Madsen was (and still is) a babe...Not a hottie. You're on an 80s message board...Know the 80s terminology! [Wink]

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awithr
Rewind Curious
Member # 3609

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Awithr   Email Awithr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may be a stumper... but here it goes.
When I was a kid I watched a movie on television about a girl who's sister died, and then came back to haunt her. The title or something was like "dont' look under the bed" or maybe that was just what her dead sister whispered to her. I remember a scene where a girl is crawling on a roof, and a scene where a girl is cutting a wire with a pizza cutter. Anyway I've always remembered this movie but I cannot find it for the life of me, or remember the title! Please help!

Posts: 1 | From: seattle | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
89power
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3601

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 89power         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q: I'm looking for the name of a movie. I know
Sarah Jessica Parker is in it. I remember a
guy dying (maybe a plane crash) and his ghost
hangs around SJP. I appreciate the help! [Smile]

Posts: 19 | From: Northwest, IN | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be Somewhere Tomorrow from 1983

IMDB Page here

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlondeMan
Rewind Curious
Member # 3644

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BlondeMan   Email BlondeMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a tough one: An Australian 80's movie, which featured an Aboriginal(Might've been Ernie Dingo) driving a stolen Mercedes or similar car in the outback with an old white guy in the passenger seat (Possibly Bill Hunter from Murial's wedding), a cop see's them, and they pretend like the Aboriginal is the chauffer, and the cop falls for it!
Posts: 2 | From: South-East Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MadMax11
Rewind Curious
Member # 3498

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MadMax11   Email MadMax11   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by logan5:
[QB] It sounds a little bit like 'Dance 'Til Dawn':

I just saw dance till dawn and the scenes I described is just like it but I dont think thats the one. I clearly remember the girl having a bottle in her hand while they are driving through some woods and she says she is taking him to a nice or secret spot. Then by the time they get there I think she is wasted. Haha, I guess maybe it wasnt a popular 80's movie... I wish I could remember if it was late or early but I'd guess late.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thunderstealer
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3721

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for thunderstealer   Email thunderstealer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I hope someone can help me out on this one...I'm pretty sure it's an 80's movie...

The movie is a comedy and from what I remember, this kid works at like a pizza place and does carry out and stuff like that. For some reason, which I can't remember, he starts peforming 'male' services for several women and ends up getting some big mean angry husbands wanting to hurt him. There was a funny moment when his mom actually ordered the 'male' services, and he tries to get away by escaping out the hotel window.

Hopefully this sounds somewhat familiar to someone...thanks a bunch...

Posts: 11 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sounds like 'Loverboy':

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097790/

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely Loverboy with Patrick Dempsey.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thunderstealer
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3721

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for thunderstealer   Email thunderstealer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome awesome, that would be it...thank you guys so much...

I have another movie that I was wondering about, but I don't have much to go on...

All I can remember is that this guy is in love with a girl who is either in a sorority or all girls school or something, so he dresses up like a girl and joins as well so that he can get close to her.

Do you guys know this one?...

Thanks again...

[ 18. January 2005, 17:56: Message edited by: thunderstealer ]

Posts: 11 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think that one is LITTLE SISTER with jonathan silverman and alyssa milano. read about it here:

LITTLE SISTER

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie you are all over that movie. May I suggest "Private School" as well then. It is way better than Little Sister in my opinion. Not exactly the same story, but a good movie.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
It could be 'Nobody's Perfect':

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097994/

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
um, i think the one i posted is correct. if not, little sister has the exact same plot.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
They have the same plots; Boy dresses as Girl to get near Girl.
thunderstealer
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3721

Rate Member
I'm not quite for sure which one it is. I thought it was somewhat of an older movie, and 'Little Sister' is from 1992. I was thinking that there were two movies sort of along the same lines though, so I didn't know if my description was going to be good enough. I'll buy or rent them and see which one it is. Thank you guys very much.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home