iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a cause for much debate, but I believe the general consensus is 'Moonchild'. That's what the English translation of the German book has him saying.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jomc810:
FYI

Q: Ok, I'll try and describe it....it's about a girl in her teens that is trying to get into a specific college but it is quite sexist and will not allow a girl in so she dresses up as a boy and gets accepted. She then meets a boy that she develops a friendship with but he thinks she is a 'he'. And then, da dum, she falls in love with him but find herself in a dilemma as she wants to remain in the school but loves this boy so much so she finally does tell him, and he's shocked as you can imagine but I am sure that it was a happy ending. I would so love to see it again and I remember watching it when I was about 10/11 so thinking about 1985/6 time. Anybody know the film?

A: "Just One Of the Guys" from 1985

This is not Just one of the Guys, It is another movie but i think it might be late 80's early 90's. Just one of the Guys, the girl wants to win an intern ship for a newspaper and feels by being a woman she will not get the postion, so she pretends to be a guy, she goes to a new school and falls in love with her nerdy friend.

it sure as heck sounds like JUST ONE OF THE GUYS. i just think the facts might be mixed up a little. cause i cannot think of any other movie it would be.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by columbo:
looking for a film starring matt dillon. he;s a bum and gets friendly with some black guy. i think he gets stabbed at the end and i think the title has the word angel in it!

i am not sure what movie it is, but here's a link to a list of dillon's movies he has been in:

Matt Dillon

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
quote:
Originally posted by columbo:
looking for a film starring matt dillon. he;s a bum and gets friendly with some black guy. i think he gets stabbed at the end and i think the title has the word angel in it!

i am not sure what movie it is, but here's a link to a list of dillon's movies he has been in:

Matt Dillon

I missed all this but I do know the movie!!!The movie is The Saint of Fort Washington. It's a great movie.....little known but very good. From 1993.....I think thats what my vhs says.... [Wink] It's Danny Glover and Matt Dillon.
It tells a story of two homeless men and it's sad, but more into telling a story of what it's like to not have a home and lose your family and gaining freinds as family....I loved it! Hope this helps!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet_cheex
Rewind Curious
Member # 4071

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Sweet_cheex   Email Sweet_cheex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i got a question...there was amovie with 2 big body building brothers that drove a truck.When they got in it to start they always said "chicken bone, chicken bone, lucky lucky chicken bone, starter up....kumbaya!" Please tell me what the name if it is...It is driving me absolutely insane..thanks
Posts: 1 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Roboto
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1424

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mr Roboto   Email Mr Roboto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think Big - Starring the Barbarian Brothers

The funny thing about that chant is that it used to be something bus drivers used to time their starting of cold diesel engines [so that the glow plugs would get warm enough]! It goes like this:

Chicken bone, chicken bone
Lucky lucky chicken bone
Chicken bone, chicken bone
Lucky lucky chicken bone
Rabbit rabbit, treat 'em good
Lucky lucky, knock on wood
Yogi Bera, Tub McGraw
Fire 'em up!
Kumbaya!

Posts: 20 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thunderstealer
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3721

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for thunderstealer   Email thunderstealer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question about a movie. I'm pretty sure it's a 90's movie though, but most of guys seem to know your 90's movies as well.

I don't believe this movie was ever in the theaters, but for awhile they played it a lot on HBO. It was a scary movie, and I think it had something to do with the cable. The TV would start up on it's own, but other weird stuff would happen too. The title might have something to do with electricity or circuit or something like that. I remember that the house burns down at the end.

Hope somebody can help me out...it's not a bunch to go by...thanks...

Posts: 11 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thunderstealer, this might be a stretch, but I believe the movie you are looking for is:

Shocker (1989)

It's from Wes Craven and played often on HBO in the 90s.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prenault
Rewind Curious
Member # 4135

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for prenault   Email prenault   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out the name of this (I believe) made-for-tv movie from the early 80s. It was based off a book about a twisted and cynical blonde-haired teenage girl (I want to say her name was Robin, but I'm not sure) who lives with her recluse writer father in New England. She kills her step-mother, and a few others and buries them in the backyard. She also has this dorky boyfriend who's convinced he's a magician. It's not a horror movie or even a thriller. She seems to kill off these people rather matter-of-factly...just because they're annoying.
I've been going crazy trying to figure out the name of this movie, and would be eternally grateful to anyone who would know the title (or could point me in the direction of finding it out)
Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flashback80's
Rewinder
Member # 3735

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for flashback80's   Author's Homepage   Email flashback80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it sounds like the movie little girl who lives down the lane with jodie fostor hope that helps you
Posts: 47 | From: sydney | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prenault
Rewind Curious
Member # 4135

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for prenault   Email prenault   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that's it, I checked imdb.com.
Thank you so much! I've been trying to figure that one out for years!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
movie man
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2802

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for movie man   Email movie man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the early eighties I saw a movie about a soldier or something marching across a bridgeand being attacked by someone.The attacker would cut off a body part and it would grow back,then the cut off body part would grow into an exact replica of the soldier,this happened over and over.Please help me find the name of this movie.
Posts: 14 | From: united states | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thunderstealer
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3721

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for thunderstealer   Email thunderstealer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey ValleyCat,
I'm not quite for sure if that is it or not, but I'll check it out and see. Thanks a bunch for your help.

Posts: 11 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metal80s
Rewind Curious
Member # 4169

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for metal80s   Email metal80s   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for the name of a movie from the 80's. It's a movie about these kids getting into trouble in their town and they end up locking their parents and the police in their high school while they riot outside. At the end it shows one of the main characters going to prision
Posts: 7 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: May 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its sounds like Over The Edge to me. I found the name of this film from people on this site too after seeing it once on UK TV along time ago.

If it involved kids getting involved in drugs, LSD - Acid, then this is your film..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079688/

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kristen:
Hi everyone,
I've just discovered this site and i am so happy i have!! My name is Kristen and im from Cumbria in the UK.

Was just wondering if someone could give me some help; in The Never Ending Story Bastian has to give the princess a name, so he throws the window open and shouts the name into the storm - but what name does he shout?!! It has drove me crazy for years!!!

[Confused]

He shouts MOONCHILD.

glad you like the site!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thunderstealer
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3721

Rate Member
Hey guys, I have another movie name I'm looking for. I'm fairly certain it's an 80s movie. I believe it was supposed to be based on a true story of a man being obducted by aliens.

I watched it when I was a little kid, so I can't remember a whole lot of the pictures in the film. I do remember one part though where the guy wakes up after having been obducted and he finds himself in this weird sticky/messy chamber thing, kind of like a cocoon or something. He rips it open and he floats out and sees a bunch more of these things along the walls and he's in kind of a really tall long cylinder shaped room.

I hope this makes sense to someone. Sorry I don't have more of a description. Thanks a bunch.

thunderstealer
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3721

Rate Member
Hey, I believe I just figured it out.

I think it's "Fire in the Sky," but it's not an 80s movie, it's from 1993...

Vaidoso1
Rewind Curious
Member # 4200

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vaidoso1   Email Vaidoso1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im looking for a movie dont really know what it is about but it involves a kid that goes into the woods and trains for the olympics or something like that can anyone help?
Posts: 7 | From: NJ | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thunderstealer
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3721

Rate Member
Hey, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with an 80s cartoon. I remember watching this in school when I was in kindergarten. Several different cartoon characters were all in this one cartoon together, and it was basically a drug awareness cartoon. I remember seeing it on television once after I had watched it in class, but then I never saw or heard of it again. Can anybody help me?
charmu11
Rewind Curious
Member # 4244

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for charmu11   Email charmu11   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i need help figuring out a movie! its an early 80's thriller.. all i can rember about it is a lady who looked like billy idol..running from someone and smashing through glass..and then gets cut and bloody.. ? any ideas..?
Posts: 2 | From: indiana | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charmu11
Rewind Curious
Member # 4244

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for charmu11   Email charmu11   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
another movie i cant quite rember is a mad max type where they r in the dessert.. and at one point.. an evil boss who has girls enslaved on his sides..and toys w/ them... and also.. theres a room filled w/ blob men..who start coming out from every where?..
Posts: 2 | From: indiana | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a movie question, think it's from the 80s but not entirely sure. It takes place in the 30s or 40s. This man and woman buy and old farmhouse. Murders had happened years ago, in the 20s or something, kind of gangster style. A couple of the characters in the movie actually had something to do with it. Does anyone remotely know what I'm talking about?? Thanks! [Confused]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morch76
Rewind Curious
Member # 4282

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for morch76   Email morch76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help! I am trying to remember what the name of a movie is. In the movie, it keeps replaying a ghost scene where, I want to say the custodian of a school or someone one like that kills a 8 year old girl. He throws her body of the cliff and then the mother comes out and I think jumps off the cliff also. The custodian or the killer keeps whistling and singing some song about dreamin a day dream or walk like a daydream or something like that. This replys until I believe the kids figure out who the killer was. I don't remember much more that that. Thanks!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morch76........sounds like Lady in White.

I always loved this movie...Lucas Haas as Frankie...I thought he was great in Witness too....something about his eyes???

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home