iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Silly Dave:
Awesome thread...this made me join up on here! Reading through here though I still couldn't find the movies I'm looking for. I've been looking for these for years now...any help with these would be greatly appreciated [Smile]

#1 Action movie about a Vietnam vet coming home only to find it overrun by gang that has the city in fear...he teaches the city to fight back after his friends get terrorized and hurt by the gang. The gang has a final showdown with the city at the end. The movie starts in the jungle with a squad getting ambushed and one of the guys ends up in a wheelchair. I remember a scene where the main character teaches self defense technique using a pencil and at the end of the movie a school bus is held hostage by a gang member who gets stabbed in the neck with a pencil by one of the hostages using that technique. Also a lady spills boiling water on one of the gang members from a balcony. It’s not “band of the hand” another great movie.

#2 Action movie about a cop getting revenge for his partner getting killed in NY. The movie starts off with a truck stopping at a red light at night. A bunch of kids attach chains the back door and when the truck goes on green the doors rip open and they steal the contents of the truck. Then in the daytime there’s a cop undercover at a restaurant and his cover gets blown so he chases the bad guy…his partner rushes in and shoots a bad guy across the room onto a pinball machine. The bad guy gets chased to the docks and kills the cop whose cover was blown. The other cop goes out for revenge. I remember the final showdown being at these huge docks where the main cop and his buddies attack everyone else with lots of shootouts. I specifically remember one of the good guys using a rocket launcher to take out a shooter on a tower. The credits roll when they‘re leaving the docks and the camera zooms out to show NYC.

#3 Horror movie about girl who gets raped by a group of guys and seeks revenge by summoning a demon. She goes to a gypsy who summons a demon monster to kill them off one by one. I think she’s connected to the demon..so she has visions of the killings. One of the guys was a fat kid who watched it happen but didn’t do anything to stop it.

#4 A sci-fi horror movie about a giant praying mantis type creature inside a hospital. The movie starts with an older man getting pricked by a plant and gets sick. His wife takes him to the hospital where the bug creature comes out of his mouth and grows bigger. The hospital gets quarantined by the military because the creature spreads a virus in the hospital and the survivors try to find a cure stay alive.

#5 Horror movie about a group of teens who get stranded in the woods and enter a house with different monsters and creatures killing them off one by one. The creatures are all lead by some pale vampire guy who wants the main girl of the group for himself. The first creature attack was by these mud zombies in a cellar who sound like farting when they move and a guy and girl kill them by breaking open wine barrels that melt the creatures.

#6 Horror movie about a demon genie killing people in a museum. The movie starts with a group of misfits breaking into an old gypsy’s home where they kill her and steal a genie lamb which gets free and kills them all. The lamp ends up in a museum where the genie starts killing people one by one. I remember the genie kills one couple with lots of snakes. At the end the lamp gets thrown into a furnace by a guy and a girl and the genie is stopped. It’s not “the wishmaster”

#7 Movie about a family that get attacked by a group of men in a cabin who rape the mother and daughter and then kill the parents. They think they kill the daughter by knocking her head on a table but she survives and goes after them for revenge. I remember one scene she seduces one guy in the water and cuts off his johnson. There’s another scene where she chases a guy in an ice factory with a meat hook. The ending has her shooting the last guy in a back alley in NYC and walking off.

#8 Horror movie about moms who become cannibal monsters. I remember one scene where the husband comes home and finds his wife eating their son with only the arm left sticking out of her mouth with a baseball glove on it. It used to be on TV a lot on “usa up all night”.

#9 Sci-fi movie about women cyborgs posing as humans hunting down some guy. There’s a scene in a warehouse with mannequins where the main character is being chased by a woman cyborg. There’s also a chase in the woods with a damaged cyborg. I remember the ending being in a cabin where the main character gets betrayed by someone he trusted and there’s a showdown with the cyborgs. It’s not “the stepford children”

#1 Might be Vigilante or possibly The Exterminator however i'm not intirely sure.

#9 Annihilator. I So love this movie and to this day have it on VHS.
Was made as a pilot for a TV-Series that never (to my dismay) came to fruition [Frown]

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quiddie:

(2) Another horror flick, with a man inviting girls to his apartment, only to feed them to his "pet" bed. The last scene had him being invited to a woman's apartment, only to have her "pet" fridge eat him.

That's not a movie it's From the TV show MONSTERS
episode 10 first season to be more excact called "Pillow Talk" [Wink]

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Im remembering a movie that had real people and animation. I think a car rides leads to the animation world for this boy and in the animation part I remember something about a war between numbers and letters?
'The Phantom Tollbooth' (1970):

IMDB Phantom Tollbooth

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spinderella67
Rewind Curious
Member # 8061

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for spinderella67   Email spinderella67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kerberus:
The movie you are looking for is Superstition (1982).
Great flick!

You are a STAR!!!!! Thanks ever so much!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3 | From: Planet Earth | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starxgirl8
Rewind Curious
Member # 8076

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for starxgirl8   Email starxgirl8   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darin:
Q: I was wondering if anyone could help me out with finding the title of this movie I saw years ago. It was one of those high school movies... I could only remember a few frames: a composition, a trip to washington as a prize, a trekie chasing the students, a party at the principal's home... That's all that I can remember. Somebody told me that is "Summer School", but I'm not sure. Hope somebody knows what I'm talking about! Thanks!

The movie is national Lampoon's Senior Trip.
Posts: 2 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stquirkey
Rewind Curious
Member # 8121

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for stquirkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please help!

80s film I saw on home video, story of a young boy who befriends some strange creatures.

I am almost 100% certain it was based on a range of toys and/or food etc.

I know that's not much to go on but any ideas?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stquirkey
Rewind Curious
Member # 8121

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for stquirkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After doing some googling I think it was 'Garbage Pail Kids'
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalyssa
Rewind Curious
Member # 8151

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dalyssa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help. This movie was about two teenage boys. One of them invents this machine that makes whatever he puts in it (vegetables in this case) grow very large and quickly, a matter of seconds. Well the other boy gets into the machine one day, and it turns him into a grown up. He goes to his school the next day and becomes the principal. There's this love story between him and one of hte teachers I think. Anyway, at the end she gets into the machine and becomes a teenager so they can be together. It's kinda like a different take on the movie BiG. Does anyone remember this movie and if so do you remember what the title was?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalyssa
Rewind Curious
Member # 8151

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dalyssa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another movie about two children that get tired of their mother. They sell her to a market place and are given a coin, so they can buy any mother they want. They go through a series of mothers, then decide they want their own mother back. It might be early 90's but I think it was made in the 80's.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RozenHound
Rewind Curious
Member # 8041

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RozenHound   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dalyssa, I think the second movie you're looking for is Trading Mom.
Posts: 3 | From: None | Registered: Jun 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalyssa:
Help. This movie was about two teenage boys. One of them invents this machine that makes whatever he puts in it (vegetables in this case) grow very large and quickly, a matter of seconds. Well the other boy gets into the machine one day, and it turns him into a grown up. He goes to his school the next day and becomes the principal. There's this love story between him and one of hte teachers I think. Anyway, at the end she gets into the machine and becomes a teenager so they can be together. It's kinda like a different take on the movie BiG. Does anyone remember this movie and if so do you remember what the title was?

Hi Dalyssa!

The movie is 14 Going on 30 (1988)
Great flick!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094592/

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
refinement2009
Rewind Curious
Member # 8153

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for refinement2009   Author's Homepage   Email refinement2009   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help! Have been trying to find a title to a movie! A woman is hurt in the head and in a nursing home. they fall in love - she wakes up or something and he wakes from a coma (think he was in a place crash and his name was carey or something). At the end they wheel him into the room in a wheelchair and bandages wrapped around his head. I know not much to go on.
Posts: 2 | From: seattle | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jordi
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8152

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jordi   Email jordi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I posted this comment in the wrong place. I guess this is the thread where it should have been posted.

I need help with the title of a movie I half-watched:

Back in the 80's, when I was just a kid, I remember I went with my parents to the movies, and watch a sci-fi movie. The movie was a little bit of a horror movie, so I was so scared I had to leave the theater in the middle of the movie. Now I would love to get hold of a copy and try to watch it again until the end, but I cannot remember the title! Here is what I remember:

An alien with a human shape arrives to planet Earth, and somehow settles down in a barn in the middle of nowhere, a sort of forest. He has the nasty habit to attract his victims to the barn and then with a sort of fluorescent light he stabs them and cuts them into pieces and then throws away the body parts into a sort magic portal that opens in the wall, like a sort of twirl or space black hole.

I know this is not much of a plot, but if it rings a bell to anyone, I would be eternally grateful... This movie has been in my head for the past 20 years or so!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Posts: 15 | From: Kobe, Japan | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zone
Rewind Curious
Member # 8155

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was posted earlier, but I didn't see an answer for it. I'm also looking for this movie.
They get the dad drunk at the airport when
they go to pick him up. They stage the
accident.

quote:
Originally posted by vikijensen99:
I am looking for a movie
What I remember is this guys dad is out of town and he takes out his dad's sports car and crashes it into a tree
When his dad gets back the son gets him drunk and then takes him out to the scene of the accident and puts him behind the wheel of the car to make him think that he was the one that crashed it.
Then at the end of the movie I seem to remember the guy and his friends rebuilding the car with a bus engine and entering it in some sort of race.
Does anybody have any idea what this movie is?
It is driving me crazy.

Zone
Rewind Curious
Member # 8155

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the answer to a similar question was posted earlier.

It sounds like Somewhere, Tomorrow

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086337/

quote:
Originally posted by refinement2009:
Help! Have been trying to find a title to a movie! A woman is hurt in the head and in a nursing home. they fall in love - she wakes up or something and he wakes from a coma (think he was in a place crash and his name was carey or something). At the end they wheel him into the room in a wheelchair and bandages wrapped around his head. I know not much to go on.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This was posted earlier, but I didn't see an answer for it. I'm also looking for this movie.
They get the dad drunk at the airport when
they go to pick him up. They stage the
accident.

vikijensen99:
I am looking for a movie
What I remember is this guys dad is out of town and he takes out his dad's sports car and crashes it into a tree
When his dad gets back the son gets him drunk and then takes him out to the scene of the accident and puts him behind the wheel of the car to make him think that he was the one that crashed it.
Then at the end of the movie I seem to remember the guy and his friends rebuilding the car with a bus engine and entering it in some sort of race.
Does anybody have any idea what this movie is?
It is driving me crazy

It's an early Michael J. Fox movie 'High School USA':

IMDB High School USA

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jordi
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8152

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jordi   Email jordi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for a 80's movie, but I cannot remember its title. It was one of those body swap movies. I can vaguely remember it, but there was that student that falls in love with the teacher, who has a boyfriend who is a jerk. One morning the student wakes up as an adult, and tries to prove the teacher's boyfriend is not the right man for her. I think the stupid boyfriend's name was Roy, but I am not sure.

Can anyone help me with this title, please!!!

Thanks a lot in advance guys.

Posts: 15 | From: Kobe, Japan | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jordi:
I am looking for a 80's movie, but I cannot remember its title. It was one of those body swap movies. I can vaguely remember it, but there was that student that falls in love with the teacher, who has a boyfriend who is a jerk. One morning the student wakes up as an adult, and tries to prove the teacher's boyfriend is not the right man for her. I think the stupid boyfriend's name was Roy, but I am not sure.

Can anyone help me with this title, please!!!

Thanks a lot in advance guys.

Like Father Like Son?
jordi
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8152

1 Update

Member Rated:
Thanks a lot Kerberus. But unfortunately it's not Like Father Like Son. Million thanks for the help and trying. I guess that, rather than a body swap kind movie, it was the Tom Hanks' Big kind of movie, where the main character wakes up as a grown up man. But this time, there main story was about the main character falling in love with his teacher, and when he suddenly grows up, tries to prove that the teacher's boyfriend is not the right man for her.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi jordi.

Once again this sounds like 14 going on 30.
(scroll up and you can see the finnish vhs cover art)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094592/

Rick Rossovich plays the teacher´s boyfriend Roy 'Jackjaw' Kelton

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jordi
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8152

1 Update

Member Rated:
A million thanks aTomik! This is the one! Somehow I got it confused with the 2004 movie, "13 going on 30". It is almost the same title, and similar topic, but I knew originally it was an 80's movie. Again, thank you so, so much!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jordi:
A million thanks aTomik! This is the one! Somehow I got it confused with the 2004 movie, "13 going on 30". It is almost the same title, and similar topic, but I knew originally it was an 80's movie. Again, thank you so, so much!

No problem!
stonethrower
Rewind Curious
Member # 8173

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for stonethrower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q: The movie I am looking for has a red headed kid in it who can flip people off in 50 different ways. It takes place around the beach and he and a blond friend of his show these tourist like business men how to have fun on the beach or get girls. The blond kid is the main character. At one point this girl called "blue balls something" opens a dishwasher and hits the chubby man in the nuts. This would have been early 80's. Any thoughts?

[ 25. August 2009, 06:54: Message edited by: stonethrower ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Silly Dave:
Awesome thread...this made me join up on here! Reading through here though I still couldn't find the movies I'm looking for. I've been looking for these for years now...any help with these would be greatly appreciated [Smile]

#1 Action movie about a Vietnam vet coming home only to find it overrun by gang that has the city in fear...he teaches the city to fight back after his friends get terrorized and hurt by the gang. The gang has a final showdown with the city at the end. The movie starts in the jungle with a squad getting ambushed and one of the guys ends up in a wheelchair. I remember a scene where the main character teaches self defense technique using a pencil and at the end of the movie a school bus is held hostage by a gang member who gets stabbed in the neck with a pencil by one of the hostages using that technique. Also a lady spills boiling water on one of the gang members from a balcony. It’s not “band of the hand” another great movie.

The Annihilators (1985)
fairybeliever
Rewind Curious
Member # 8191

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for fairybeliever   Author's Homepage   Email fairybeliever   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this site just a minute ago because I have TWO movies that I can't for the LIFE of me remember what they're called and have searched and asked people for YEARS! God I love the internet, lol.

Anyway, the first movie (and I'm not sure if its 70's, 80's, or 90's honestly (when you get older, everything starts to just blend together) is I think about a boy and he lives maybe in the jungle, like the Amazon and there's this river and there's something scary in the river and he rides a dolphin ???? Any clue?

And the second one, I KNOW I'll probably get a quick response on this one at least, is about these people who find this baby dinosaur. It's not animated.

Thank you for any help! I appreciate it!

Posts: 3 | From: Florida | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home