iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 27)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
sparkie
Rewind Curious
Member # 12685

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sparkie   Email sparkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the reply P_A_U_L, but it is not Enemy Mine. The lizard like bad guys look more like the green alien guy from Hunter Prey. The movie I am looking for was not as popular as Enemy Mine and I don't think there was any A-list actors.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
travis h cecil
Rewind Curious
Member # 13669

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for travis h cecil   Email travis h cecil   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok trying to find a movie movie is about a man getting caught by the cops put in jail for a reason i cant remember but there is a draw bridge that is the only way out and in of thid town this is how he was caught by police by rasing it so he is in jail somw how escapes runs through a swamp until he finds a road a crazzy man in a low ryder trucl picks him up but u can hear police coming do the driver hitsd the NOS in the truck leaving the cops in the dust he lets the man out to run while he keeps driving with the cops on hus tail we the man gets caught gets back in jail he comes up with a way of getting out and getting over the bridge by jumping it with a dump truck at the the end of the movie and he gets away so all i can think of the movie that low ryder truck sold for alot of money it made the movie popular so i u can think of this movie please my email is travishcecil@gmail.com please help this movie is driving me crazy to find for the past 2 years....thank u all trav
Posts: 3 | From: virginia | Registered: Sep 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Travis h cecil,

i'm not really sure, but how about Highway To Hell (1991) ?

Trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zh1Lfr_Ass

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually that description also sounds a bit like Nothing But Trouble (1991)...
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
travis h cecil
Rewind Curious
Member # 13669

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for travis h cecil   Email travis h cecil   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok i have looke through every search engine for this movie have fount alot of peps looking for the same movie
it is a 80s movie a man escapes a detention area but his friends are still in there he escapes thrugh a swamp onto the road where he meets a crazy guy with a low ryder truck with NOS instaded they out run police using NOS best scene in movie later this truck wa sold in low rider magazine for lots of money so he comes back gets his friends out escape at the of the by jumping off bridge into a dump truck i thought he ramped the draw bridge at the end of the movie with the dump truck i dont know but this the movie from what i can gather by other posts so maybe this will ring a bell thanks again...trav

Posts: 3 | From: virginia | Registered: Sep 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
travis h cecil
Rewind Curious
Member # 13669

Rate Member
the low ryder truck sorta look like this in movie from this toy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n5rIWEUh0U

Deanna_1985
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for a movie that I vaguely remember but the imagery was so vivid. Very colorful and the house was almost fake or imaginary in it...the woman in the one part I remember was upset about something maybe being dead and hides behind a door in a room of the house and tries to take pills or something ....the guy in it and her fight or don't get along ..it reminded me of a fantasy and I cannot remember the name..had to be late eighties, like 88 89 maybe a love story where a woman is dead?? or dreaming??
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly Madly Deeply?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trevallon
unregistered

21 Updates!

Looking for name of an 80's romantic comedy. It was set in LA. The guy is a rock musician, the woman comes from money. They rollerblade at Venice Beach on their first date only he doesn't really know how to. Think her family doesn't approve, causing romantic tension. Movie was often shown on cable channels like USA/TBS/TNT 20 years ago. Don't think any well known actors were in it.
| Site Updates: 21 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow Beach Balls (1988) comes to mind, not sure if it´s the film you´re looking for though...
Good movie anyway [Smile]

Beach Balls trailer

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TarynTiggz
unregistered

7 Updates!

In my film, the woman worked in an office, and was mugged. She started going to a self-defense class, and the instructor, a police man, got her into weighlifting. She started getting healthier, losing weight. She got fired from her job because she annoyed her boss by eating healthy crunchy snacks, like carrot sticks.

She starts dating the cop (near LA, I think), who is later embarrassed when she can lift more than him around his friends at an outside area like the weightlifting area at Venice Beach. He breaks up with her, she's distraught, the big dramatic scene is her struggling to not drown her sorrows in Hagen-Dasz, she over comes, and lives happily ever after.

| Site Updates: 7 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that this is Getting Physical.
Here´s the Finnish VHS tape i own. Good film!

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tellabelle
unregistered

7 Updates!

The part of the movie i remember is right near the end i think....it's an early-mid 80's movie
i don't remember any "big" names in it, but then again, i was about 5-7 years old.
The main charachter is a typical 80's looking teenager, with darker mouse-y brown curly hair (not tight curls, but not loose waves either...typical 80's hair with the poof for bangs), and she's wearing a catholic school uniform (dark blue blazer with red/blue plaid skirt), is maybe getting kinda raped on the hood of a car, then gets away and is running away from the guy (or group of guys...it's night time)....
as she's running away, she jumps from what appears to be a field that is way up on a hill or cliff, jumps off the cliff to try and clear a fence at the bottom, but doesn't quite make it and is maybe impaled at gut level on the fence (I think it's a chain-link fence, but could be a white picket fence)?
That's all I remember, and I have a few friends who say it sounds familiar, but don't remember it either, and I have read thru all 27 pages....(took me 8 hours! lol) Please help! (sorry if I posted wrong)

Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably not this one but nonetheless worth checking out.
Only movie that sounded vaguely familiar.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088044/

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tellabelle
unregistered

3 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Kerberus:
Probably not this one but nonetheless worth checking out.
Only movie that sounded vaguely familiar.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088044/

I was thinking about that one when I saw the original post earlier in the feeds...but it appears that the rape scene is at the beginning, and this one is at the end....i am going to try and see it tho, and get back to you on it. Thanks tho [Smile]
| Site Updates: 3 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
It probably won't be the movie you're looking for.. but with a description like that, it's just
a matter of time before someone mentions Death Wish 2, since it has the most famous
"rapevictim-who-ends-up-on-the-sharp-end-of-a-fence" scene.

-

The lovely Robin Sherwood plays the unfortunate girl here, and kinda does fit the description.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
It most probably is Death Wish 2.
Dev12
unregistered

7 Updates!

Hi. I'm looking for the title of an 80's movie that had a Mr. McCready in it. Seems like he might have been a camp counsellor or youth leader.

Thanks,
Dev

AaronInWI
unregistered

7 Updates!

I only vaguely remember this movie from my youth, and the only part I remember is towards the end. I'm pretty sure it was a teen comedy, and the end involves a robot being dismantled because they wanted to put a school bus engine into a car for a race, and the robot’s outer shell could withstand the heat. And if memory serves me right, the robot was put back together after the race and pulls down the pants of the main “bad guy” at the very end. Any ideas???
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
AaronInWI, the movie you are remembering is High School USA (1983).
Great flick!

High School USA Rewind thread

AaronInWI
unregistered

7 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
AaronInWI, the movie you are remembering is High School USA (1983).
Great flick!

High School USA Rewind thread

Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just checked it out on YouTube, and that is definitely the movie I remember!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
No problem, glad to help!
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dev12:
Hi. I'm looking for the title of an 80's movie that had a Mr. McCready in it. Seems like he might have been a camp counsellor or youth leader.

Thanks,
Dev

I watched Blind Fury with Rutger Hauer the other day and there was a Mr. McCready in that but he was more of a crime boss than a youth leader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKm0YeKAq9E

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tellabelle:
The part of the movie i remember is right near the end i think....it's an early-mid 80's movie
i don't remember any "big" names in it, but then again, i was about 5-7 years old.
The main charachter is a typical 80's looking teenager, with darker mouse-y brown curly hair (not tight curls, but not loose waves either...typical 80's hair with the poof for bangs), and she's wearing a catholic school uniform (dark blue blazer with red/blue plaid skirt), is maybe getting kinda raped on the hood of a car, then gets away and is running away from the guy (or group of guys...it's night time)....
as she's running away, she jumps from what appears to be a field that is way up on a hill or cliff, jumps off the cliff to try and clear a fence at the bottom, but doesn't quite make it and is maybe impaled at gut level on the fence (I think it's a chain-link fence, but could be a white picket fence)?
That's all I remember, and I have a few friends who say it sounds familiar, but don't remember it either, and I have read thru all 27 pages....(took me 8 hours! lol) Please help! (sorry if I posted wrong)

OK, I dunno if this is it because it does not match your description exactly. This woman does get confronted by a guy dressed as Dracula at her car and runs away from him down a dark alley and ends up getting impaled on a white picket fence (in the neck). This has definitely got a chance of being it but just check this movie out and see if this might be it:

Fade to Black (1980)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB8yxbgnux8

Start the video at 47:40

I hope this is it cos if it is the full movie is on You Tube.

[ 28. April 2013, 00:35: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mya_marshmallows
unregistered

24 Updates!

I'm trying to find a movie that I watched in the 90's (I was pretty young) but I'm pretty sure it's from the 70's or 80's.

All I can remember is stuff from the end. This woman (I think her hair was red) went kind of crazy because her daughter died. I think she accidentally fell down the stairs. The end of the movie shows the mother kept the daughter in a coffin in her basement or something, and she's all dusty and skeletal.

I think she may have been pretending someone else was her daughter. It may have taken place in an orphanage, or something similar. I also remember a check being written in british pounds, for a very large amount.

Anyone know what movie this was?

| Site Updates: 24 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home