iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
MotorexskyGTR34
Rewind Curious
Member # 7666

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MotorexskyGTR34   Email MotorexskyGTR34   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG...YES!!! THANK YOU!!! That is the right movie after I saw the trailer of Savage Streets. It bugged me over 20 years since I saw this movie.
Posts: 2 | From: Thomasville, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem, glad i could help.
It´s a great movie!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marixpress
Rewind Curious
Member # 7676

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Marixpress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help Help Help

Does anyone remember the name of that 80s movie where there was a jeans trend to have butt cheeks on the backside instead of pockets??

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marixpress
Rewind Curious
Member # 7676

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Marixpress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha found it~

So Fine (1981)

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougjsimpson
Rewind Curious
Member # 7683

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dougjsimpson   Email dougjsimpson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for movie title, believe 80's, comedy, Ferris type feel to it. Young man, high school, college age. Dad is a politician I believe, main character is all into movies, Horror, B movies I think. I remember for some reason him watching Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Climax of movie, if I recall correctly is him sneaking back into his house, dad's associates trying to keep him out, some event going on. Thanks for your help
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dougjsimpson:
Looking for movie title, believe 80's, comedy, Ferris type feel to it. Young man, high school, college age. Dad is a politician I believe, main character is all into movies, Horror, B movies I think. I remember for some reason him watching Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Climax of movie, if I recall correctly is him sneaking back into his house, dad's associates trying to keep him out, some event going on. Thanks for your help

Morgan Stewart's Coming Home:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093567/

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougjsimpson
Rewind Curious
Member # 7683

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dougjsimpson   Email dougjsimpson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks very much
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dougjsimpson:
thanks very much

Anytime
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silly Dave
Rewind Curious
Member # 7716

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Silly Dave   Author's Homepage   Email Silly Dave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome thread...this made me join up on here! Reading through here though I still couldn't find the movies I'm looking for. I've been looking for these for years now...any help with these would be greatly appreciated [Smile]

#1 Action movie about a Vietnam vet coming home only to find it overrun by gang that has the city in fear...he teaches the city to fight back after his friends get terrorized and hurt by the gang. The gang has a final showdown with the city at the end. The movie starts in the jungle with a squad getting ambushed and one of the guys ends up in a wheelchair. I remember a scene where the main character teaches self defense technique using a pencil and at the end of the movie a school bus is held hostage by a gang member who gets stabbed in the neck with a pencil by one of the hostages using that technique. Also a lady spills boiling water on one of the gang members from a balcony. It’s not “band of the hand” another great movie.

#2 Action movie about a cop getting revenge for his partner getting killed in NY. The movie starts off with a truck stopping at a red light at night. A bunch of kids attach chains the back door and when the truck goes on green the doors rip open and they steal the contents of the truck. Then in the daytime there’s a cop undercover at a restaurant and his cover gets blown so he chases the bad guy…his partner rushes in and shoots a bad guy across the room onto a pinball machine. The bad guy gets chased to the docks and kills the cop whose cover was blown. The other cop goes out for revenge. I remember the final showdown being at these huge docks where the main cop and his buddies attack everyone else with lots of shootouts. I specifically remember one of the good guys using a rocket launcher to take out a shooter on a tower. The credits roll when they‘re leaving the docks and the camera zooms out to show NYC.

#3 Horror movie about girl who gets raped by a group of guys and seeks revenge by summoning a demon. She goes to a gypsy who summons a demon monster to kill them off one by one. I think she’s connected to the demon..so she has visions of the killings. One of the guys was a fat kid who watched it happen but didn’t do anything to stop it.

#4 A sci-fi horror movie about a giant praying mantis type creature inside a hospital. The movie starts with an older man getting pricked by a plant and gets sick. His wife takes him to the hospital where the bug creature comes out of his mouth and grows bigger. The hospital gets quarantined by the military because the creature spreads a virus in the hospital and the survivors try to find a cure stay alive.

#5 Horror movie about a group of teens who get stranded in the woods and enter a house with different monsters and creatures killing them off one by one. The creatures are all lead by some pale vampire guy who wants the main girl of the group for himself. The first creature attack was by these mud zombies in a cellar who sound like farting when they move and a guy and girl kill them by breaking open wine barrels that melt the creatures.

#6 Horror movie about a demon genie killing people in a museum. The movie starts with a group of misfits breaking into an old gypsy’s home where they kill her and steal a genie lamb which gets free and kills them all. The lamp ends up in a museum where the genie starts killing people one by one. I remember the genie kills one couple with lots of snakes. At the end the lamp gets thrown into a furnace by a guy and a girl and the genie is stopped. It’s not “the wishmaster”

#7 Movie about a family that get attacked by a group of men in a cabin who rape the mother and daughter and then kill the parents. They think they kill the daughter by knocking her head on a table but she survives and goes after them for revenge. I remember one scene she seduces one guy in the water and cuts off his johnson. There’s another scene where she chases a guy in an ice factory with a meat hook. The ending has her shooting the last guy in a back alley in NYC and walking off.

#8 Horror movie about moms who become cannibal monsters. I remember one scene where the husband comes home and finds his wife eating their son with only the arm left sticking out of her mouth with a baseball glove on it. It used to be on TV a lot on “usa up all night”.

#9 Sci-fi movie about women cyborgs posing as humans hunting down some guy. There’s a scene in a warehouse with mannequins where the main character is being chased by a woman cyborg. There’s also a chase in the woods with a damaged cyborg. I remember the ending being in a cabin where the main character gets betrayed by someone he trusted and there’s a showdown with the cyborgs. It’s not “the stepford children”

Posts: 6 | From: CT | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#6 is 'The Lamp':

IMDB The Lamp

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silly Dave
Rewind Curious
Member # 7716

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Silly Dave   Author's Homepage   Email Silly Dave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes that's it! "The Lamp" a.k.a "The Outing" Thanks logan5. Also #3 is "Necromancer" and #4 "Blue Monkey" thanks everyone for your help with those. Only 6 more to go!
Posts: 6 | From: CT | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
niki486
Rewind Curious
Member # 7738

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for niki486     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I saw a horror film when I was younger about a group of kids on camp, someone/thing is killing them, not sure what, all I remember is someone gets buried except for their head and their head gets run over by a lawnmower! been trying to find out what its called for years, hope someone can help
Posts: 3 | From: uk | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wackybrian
Rewind Curious
Member # 7740

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for wackybrian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey All! I saw a movie when I was young. It was an 80s teen movie. All I can recall is that the main character needed school work help from a nerd. So, the main character paid this hot girl that was easy to sleep w/ him. Her name was "Peanut Butter" and she drove a full size van. He had a big wang and she fell for him and they dated. I have tried IMDb but had no luck. Any help with the film's title is GREATLY appreciated.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eliminator
Rewind Curious
Member # 7779

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for eliminator   Email eliminator   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new to this site and I have been looking for a movie for what seems like forever.
The plot of the movie involves a charm school and there are two guys who are taken under the wing of the headmistress's husband where he teaches them to get anything for free or to be able to fool people into thinking they are something they are not. They end up in playing a game that is set in this granite cube and the host says it is an anceint game of some sort. If you know the answer it would be a huge help to finally be able to put this to rest and my wife to know I am not insane

Posts: 2 | From: georgia | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by eliminator:
I am new to this site and I have been looking for a movie for what seems like forever.
The plot of the movie involves a charm school and there are two guys who are taken under the wing of the headmistress's husband where he teaches them to get anything for free or to be able to fool people into thinking they are something they are not. They end up in playing a game that is set in this granite cube and the host says it is an anceint game of some sort. If you know the answer it would be a huge help to finally be able to put this to rest and my wife to know I am not insane

This sounds similar to The Whoopee Boys, though not exactly. If this is not the movie you seek, you should watch it anyway! It is great! Check it out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092210/

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's it...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
That's it...

Yeah, now I remember the game, "cross-courts" that they played in the stone cube. This movie is great.
eliminator
Rewind Curious
Member # 7779

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for eliminator   Email eliminator   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you that was it. I have told everyone about this site.
Posts: 2 | From: georgia | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
You're welcome. Glad to help.
Goodlife71
Rewind Curious
Member # 7802

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Goodlife71   Email Goodlife71   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q: I know several details about this movie but can not for the life of me remember the title. It's about a man who dies and goes to heaven after learning about living in heaven he falls in love with a girl who has never been born to heaven. They make a home together and are happy. Then suddenly she is sent to be born on earth. Heart broken he begs to go to earth to be with her. The powers that be agree but only give him 30 years to find her or he will be without her forever. There are small clues to finding her throughout the movie, including that in heaven her family makes toys. On earth she owns a toy store.

It has a happy ending I think. I am pretty sure this is an 80's movie to early 90's. I have been searching but have had no luck. Hopefully you guys will have some clue.
Thanks a bunch.

Posts: 2 | From: WA | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Made in Heaven':

IMDB Made in Heaven

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goodlife71
Rewind Curious
Member # 7802

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Goodlife71   Email Goodlife71   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's it!!! Your guys are awesome. Thanks so much!
Posts: 2 | From: WA | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goodman
Rewind Curious
Member # 6524

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Goodman   Email Goodman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been trying to remember what a film is called so I can order the DVD or video of it, I think it is lates 70's or eighties, it is about a group of people who know they are going to each get killed by an explosion or somehow, and in a van near the end it explodes with them in it, I think it is a paranormal or sci fi thriller set in america (not in the future), and in part of the film I think a road gets blocked by a telegraph pole. It is probably an american TV movie
Anyone got any ideas?

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kranitz
Rewind Curious
Member # 7823

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kranitz   Email Kranitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I think this was an actual movie and not a weird dream I had, so..

It stared a bunch of kids, and one of them was going to sell the blueprints he got out of a plane (SR-71?) or the space shuttle, to this guy that was Russian, or turns out to be Russian. I remember something about a kite and also a hot air balloon, but that might be a different movie....

halp?

Posts: 1 | From: Joliet, IL | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anders2
Rewind Curious
Member # 7889

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for anders2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A trio of late 80's (though possibly early 90's) movies I am trying to figure out:

1) A drama, where a guy is trying to escape from a prison or institution and is walking through a long hall with pipes. He digs something (like a screwdriver) out of ashes in the bottom of a furnace or oven or maybe it was just some dirt. I think he puts on a dark olive green jacket and walks outside at night where there is a chain link fence and asphalt. I want to say the title is "return to hell" "return from ..." or "escape" but I really have no idea. I thought the guy might be working in a kitchen. I also think he leaves through steel framed glass doors at one point, in a disguise including his dark jacket.

2) A time period movie - a comedy I believe - set in the 20's or the 40's or something. There is a cute blonde woman eating chocolates in a hotel room. The man she is seeing does something to make her angry and she shoots at him with a crossbow. I think there is also another scene where she pouts and flashes her underwear from a fur coat while standing at the back of a train as it is pulling out of the station.

3) This one might have been x-rated or it might have been a comedy, not sure. There is some guy that has a little black box with a switch on it that drives women wild - like a universal aphrodisiac. I think there is a scene with him driving a speedboat.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home