iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 16)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
jay666m
Rewind Curious
Member # 7894

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jay666m   Email jay666m   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember a film when i was a teenager, i think it was released early eighties, ive had a look on ur 80,s film list but cant find it, please help.
from what i can remember it was about two gangs, and they a deadly game in the city,where they get hurt and even killed, i think they called the game christopher columbus, but this is all i can remember about it, as its all i put in my book of fav films from when i was a kid

Posts: 1 | From: spain | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
2) A time period movie - a comedy I believe - set in the 20's or the 40's or something. There is a cute blonde woman eating chocolates in a hotel room. The man she is seeing does something to make her angry and she shoots at him with a crossbow. I think there is also another scene where she pouts and flashes her underwear from a fur coat while standing at the back of a train as it is pulling out of the station.
'Victor/Victoria':

http://www.fast-rewind.com/victorvictoria.htm

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shane013a
Rewind Curious
Member # 7900

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for shane013a   Author's Homepage   Email shane013a   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's one for the books as they say... A young Robert Wagner has been invited by his rich girlfriends daddy to accompany them on a cruise. Daddy makes it a point of embarassing the young man at every opportunity to diminish him to his daughter. The young man starts a diary of interesting and strange events and people encountered during the voyage. They all part company however daddy has not missed the fact that the kid knows too much and things go wild from there, does anyone have a clue??
Posts: 2 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shane013a:
Here's one for the books as they say... A young Robert Wagner has been invited by his rich girlfriends daddy to accompany them on a cruise. Daddy makes it a point of embarassing the young man at every opportunity to diminish him to his daughter. The young man starts a diary of interesting and strange events and people encountered during the voyage. They all part company however daddy has not missed the fact that the kid knows too much and things go wild from there, does anyone have a clue??

Here is every movie Robert Wagner has made. It should be one of these:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001822/

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micarrera
Rewind Curious
Member # 7915

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for micarrera   Email micarrera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to find a kids movie from the 1980s, about a group of kids (there was at least one tomboyish girl) that had a secret underground clubhouse. (I believe they entered it through a sewer). They either skaboarded,skated or rode bikes, (I was really young, I can't remember). I think they had a battle with other kids and they needed to fight, so they enlisted the help of an old man to train them. Then they had to go somewhere at night, and they're camouflaged. This is driving me crazy, I've spent so many hours searching for it. Google is not helping! Please help!
Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe....The Zoo Gang (1985)
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jupitersct78
Rewind Curious
Member # 7916

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jupitersct78   Email jupitersct78   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help! No one I know can tell me the name of this movie.
There is a little league player who visits a nuclear silo on a school trip. He then decides not to play little league anymore and gets professional athletes to join him in not playing sports until the world leaders can get rid of nuclear weapons. They all hang out at the kids house. At the end, the basketball player is killed in a plane explosion.
Anyone?

Posts: 1 | From: NH | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jupitersct78:
Help! No one I know can tell me the name of this movie.
There is a little league player who visits a nuclear silo on a school trip. He then decides not to play little league anymore and gets professional athletes to join him in not playing sports until the world leaders can get rid of nuclear weapons. They all hang out at the kids house. At the end, the basketball player is killed in a plane explosion.
Anyone?

Amazing Grace & Chuck
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
even
Rewind Curious
Member # 7959

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for even     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am looking for a movie i've seen years ago, i asume from the 80's because of the soundtrack and wardrobe, etc...it's set on NY, the main character is a chubby girl, that falls in love with a man she sees in the subway, i really don't remember how they meet, yet somehow, they have a date and she decorates her flat, cooks him a meal, gets all dressed up...she works like in a department store, seling perfumes, make-up, and other guy, a subway driver is interested in her and at the end the fell in love, the other one regrets because she is a really nice girl...pff...i really liked this movie as a child and i really want to find it out, again...thanks!
Posts: 1 | From: Mexico | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Aww, that's a Ricki Lake film, Babycakes. Me loves [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dacaria
Rewinder
Member # 2818

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dacaria   Email dacaria   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Goodman:
I've been trying to remember what a film is called so I can order the DVD or video of it, I think it is lates 70's or eighties, it is about a group of people who know they are going to each get killed by an explosion or somehow, and in a van near the end it explodes with them in it, I think it is a paranormal or sci fi thriller set in america (not in the future), and in part of the film I think a road gets blocked by a telegraph pole. It is probably an american TV movie
Anyone got any ideas?

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dacaria
Rewinder
Member # 2818

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dacaria   Email dacaria   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Goodman:
I've been trying to remember what a film is called so I can order the DVD or video of it, I think it is lates 70's or eighties, it is about a group of people who know they are going to each get killed by an explosion or somehow, and in a van near the end it explodes with them in it, I think it is a paranormal or sci fi thriller set in america (not in the future), and in part of the film I think a road gets blocked by a telegraph pole. It is probably an american TV movie
Anyone got any ideas?

Sounds like a scene from Final Destination 2. It wasn't an 80s flick though.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dacaria
Rewinder
Member # 2818

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jay666m:
i remember a film when i was a teenager, i think it was released early eighties, ive had a look on ur 80,s film list but cant find it, please help.
from what i can remember it was about two gangs, and they a deadly game in the city,where they get hurt and even killed, i think they called the game christopher columbus, but this is all i can remember about it, as its all i put in my book of fav films from when i was a kid

Playing for Keeps ('86).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091767/

dacaria
Rewinder
Member # 2818

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by anders2:
A trio of late 80's (though possibly early 90's) movies I am trying to figure out:

1) A drama, where a guy is trying to escape from a prison or institution and is walking through a long hall with pipes. He digs something (like a screwdriver) out of ashes in the bottom of a furnace or oven or maybe it was just some dirt. I think he puts on a dark olive green jacket and walks outside at night where there is a chain link fence and asphalt. I want to say the title is "return to hell" "return from ..." or "escape" but I really have no idea. I thought the guy might be working in a kitchen. I also think he leaves through steel framed glass doors at one point, in a disguise including his dark jacket.

Long shot: was it "Band of the Hand"
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Playing for Keeps ('86).
It's not Playing for Keeps.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RhiannonCJS
Rewind Curious
Member # 8026

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RhiannonCJS   Email RhiannonCJS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya folks,

I've got a doozie for you. I don't know the plot of the movie I'm looking for, and I don't know who is in it. I was just told that one of the supporting actors in it was a young Doug Jones sans prosthetics, and that he had this aweful line: "I'd like to tickle her tonsils with my meat puppet."

Boyfriend says he's heard the line SOMEWHERE, so I'm trying to find the movie it was in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is his IMDB entry:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0427964/

I would start with this movie from 1987
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093614/

Hope this helps...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RozenHound
Rewind Curious
Member # 8041

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RozenHound   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't alive in the 80's, but my sister was, and she has this movie she obsessively searches for.
All she knows about it is that some girl goes underground and there are these wierd puppet things called ugugs. Does anyone recognize this, and can someone give me its title?

Posts: 3 | From: None | Registered: Jun 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninkanink
Rewind Curious
Member # 8059

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ninkanink   Email ninkanink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im remembering a movie that had real people and animation. I think a car rides leads to the animation world for this boy and in the animation part I remember something about a war between numbers and letters?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humphrey
Rewind Curious
Member # 8060

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Humphrey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking for this movie, I think it was from the 80's. This nerdy guy pays this popular girl to pretend to date him to make him look cool. Then they fall in love with each other. Can anyone help
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Humphrey:
I was looking for this movie, I think it was from the 80's. This nerdy guy pays this popular girl to pretend to date him to make him look cool. Then they fall in love with each other. Can anyone help

Can't Buy Me Love:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092718/

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spinderella67
Rewind Curious
Member # 8061

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for spinderella67   Email spinderella67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a mooch through the 80's film section but can't seem to find what I'm looking for....basically all I can remember is it was an early-mid 80's horror, and there were two lads in a house, they get split up, then the one finds his mate in the kitchen...well, his head in the microwave to be precise..hehe..sooo he panics (as ya would) tries to get out the window....its stuck..all of a sudden it opens, and then as he's climbing out it slams down on him, cutting him in half....does anyone have a clue of the title of this film? I'd love to see it again!! Cheers!
Posts: 3 | From: Planet Earth | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spinderella67:
Had a mooch through the 80's film section but can't seem to find what I'm looking for....basically all I can remember is it was an early-mid 80's horror, and there were two lads in a house, they get split up, then the one finds his mate in the kitchen...well, his head in the microwave to be precise..hehe..sooo he panics (as ya would) tries to get out the window....its stuck..all of a sudden it opens, and then as he's climbing out it slams down on him, cutting him in half....does anyone have a clue of the title of this film? I'd love to see it again!! Cheers!

Sounds like Evil Laugh, 1987:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/review/219

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spinderella67
Rewind Curious
Member # 8061

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for spinderella67   Email spinderella67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your reply! [Smile] Dooooooon't think it was this one tho, it was between 81-85, I used to go to my friends and watch horrors on her brand spirkling new video, but by '86 we weren't hanging out any more, so it couldn't have been this one...looks cool tho! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3 | From: Planet Earth | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie you are looking for is Superstition (1982).
Great flick!

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home