iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Its an 80's movie and all I can remember from the movie is there is a boy...maybe two boys...there in a house and they are looking out the window, the sky turns dark, they go out the window, then there is a scene change where it shows an old barbershop and an empty street. The boy(s) come up to a carnival...the carousel is on and they go over to it....there is a guy on the carousel with music comin from it....the sky has turned into a storm and this guy gets electrocuted on the carousel.. and that's at the end of the movie..anyone know?
'Something Wicked This Way Comes':

IMDB Something Wicked

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
movieguy
Rewind Curious
Member # 8336

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for movieguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q-..It was an 80's movie about a girl that turned into a guy. She went to some old store or something like that, and came out with this piece of chalk. When you draw a circle around yourself, and wish on a star, your wish is granted. I think her name as a female was "MILLY". When she changed over into a boy, it was "Willy". It came on HBO back in the early 90's alot when i was a kid. But i know its not the movie called "Just one of the guy's".

[ 22. October 2009, 14:56: Message edited by: movieguy ]

Posts: 2 | From: atlanta | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by movieguy:
Q-..It was an 80's movie about a girl that turned into a guy. She went to some old store or something like that, and came out with this piece of chalk. When you draw a circle around yourself, and wish on a star, your wish is granted. I think her name as a female was "MILLY". When she changed over into a boy, it was "Willy". It came on HBO back in the early 90's alot when i was a kid. But i know its not the movie called "Just one of the guy's".

Willy/Milly (1986) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092216/
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SisterChristian
Rewind Curious
Member # 8343

4 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SisterChristian   Email SisterChristian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been racking my brain trying to figure this out. I think it was possibly a made for TV movie, but I'm not sure.

Don't remember much, but, it featured deaf school children being terrorized by a couple of males with guns. Their teacher is trying to protect them.

That's all I've got. Haven't seen it in years. Any leads?

Posts: 4 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
topgun86
Rewind Curious
Member # 8354

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for topgun86   Author's Homepage   Email topgun86   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for a movie, either from 1970s or 1980s, i believe its the 80s.

Its in medieval times. I specifically remember there being a little troll that protects a child from some sort of evil empire. Can't be sure if the child was merlin or maybe arthur. Hope thats enough information to get an accurate answer.

thanks so much

Posts: 1 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by topgun86:
Looking for a movie, either from 1970s or 1980s, i believe its the 80s.

Its in medieval times. I specifically remember there being a little troll that protects a child from some sort of evil empire. Can't be sure if the child was merlin or maybe arthur. Hope thats enough information to get an accurate answer.

thanks so much

I believe that you are talking about the movie Willow, which was directed by Ron Howard and written by George Lucas. An 80's classic, in my opinion:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096446/

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanison
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8380

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Askanison   Email Askanison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for a movie i watched a long time ago, i think it was in the mid eighties, cant remember much of it but basically it was about some kind of an astronaut whos filming solar flares and gets him by a freak solar wave, later he wakes up in the hospital and finds he has these powers where he can run fast and read and write fast too. His eyes also change colour from yellow and then to red depending on how much solar energy he uses up.
Can anyone suggest what this movie was called please?

Posts: 23 | From: England, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
afellvoice
Rewind Curious
Member # 8437

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for afellvoice   Author's Homepage   Email afellvoice   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Nick, it looks like you really know your movies, maybe you can help me with this one. It's an 80's movie with a boy in a city that swings around like Tarzan, the kid kinda looks like the the boy from Quiet Cool, if that helps but I don't think it's him. At one point in the movie he spies on a couple making out and then later relates it to a female character in a ridimentary way as "body bump". Any help would be great. Thanks.
Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan77
Rewind Curious
Member # 8452

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dan77   Email Dan77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all, my brother just reminded me of a movie we used to watch when we were very little. all I can remember from it is 1 scene where a guy is swinging on a horizontal pole, and another guy was riding his bicycle underneath, he didn't see him and kicked him in the head knocking him off his bike. I remember it was a scary movie set in some old village inhabited by some sort of crazy arab people or something. I only remember that scene because we used to rewind it literally dozens of times and laugh all the way through it. Please help me remember the name, I'm sure it was made in the eighties.
Thanking you in advance, Dan.

Posts: 1 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan77:
Hello all, my brother just reminded me of a movie we used to watch when we were very little. all I can remember from it is 1 scene where a guy is swinging on a horizontal pole, and another guy was riding his bicycle underneath, he didn't see him and kicked him in the head knocking him off his bike. I remember it was a scary movie set in some old village inhabited by some sort of crazy arab people or something. I only remember that scene because we used to rewind it literally dozens of times and laugh all the way through it. Please help me remember the name, I'm sure it was made in the eighties.
Thanking you in advance, Dan.

The name of the movie is Gymkata (1985) [Wink]
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daverooski
Rewind Curious
Member # 8457

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Daverooski   Email Daverooski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone! I recently started a list of all the movies I would like to own and racking my brain for any ideas. I remembered a movie from the 80's (I think) and the details are a bit sketchy. So there are two boys, brothers, and I think they are leaving mom to go to dad, or something like that(maybe not), but the younger boy believes he is a robot/android(part of me thinks that he believes his father is responsible), another part they are at a tanning salon and the younger boy gets very red. Um,... another part the boys find a woman to give them a ride and the police show up and the boys say their mother is deaf and needs a special telephone device to call her. At some point the younger boy tried to prove he's a robot by throwing a bottle at a specific letter on a billboard. Sorry my details are vague and scattered. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot everyone.
Posts: 1 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alphonse
Rewind Curious
Member # 8464

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Alphonse   Email Alphonse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, you guys are amazing with your movie knowledge. I hope you can help me remember a couple movie titles.

The first one I'm certain was from the 80's. I don't remember too much of it except I think it kinda loosely based on Little Red Riding Hood. It had a very surreal, dreamlike quality to it.

The second. It must have been from 78-79 because I remember seeing it at the drive in along with Laserblast, which was made in 78. All i remember from this movie was that there were these very small alien spacecraft. (very similar to those in Batteries Not Included) And these aliens were not friendly. There were some people on a farm being attacked by them. Thats all I can remember of it.

Not a whole lot to go on.

Posts: 7 | From: Detroit, Mi. | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Alphonse!

The first one could be The Company of Wolves (1984)

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alphonse
Rewind Curious
Member # 8464

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Alphonse   Email Alphonse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK, yesss. thats the one, thank you.
Posts: 7 | From: Detroit, Mi. | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sephira
Rewind Curious
Member # 8473

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Sephira   Email Sephira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by canigetanidplz:
ok...this is a cool post and I like how it is all together for people to look up...but it needs to be monitored and consolidated every once in a while, because some questions get over looked and it gets all jumbled up...just a suggestion...

I had post a question a while back about a movie I cant remember...it is about a group of kids training for the olympics...the main character is in love with one of the girls and has
problems with his father...any help would be appreciated...

American Anthem
thanks

chase

Posts: 3 | From: usa | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synergy
Rewind Curious
Member # 8468

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Synergy   Email Synergy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope someone can id this movie for me, in this thread. Been searching the lead actor, I'm sure he has light (blue?) eyes and brown(or dark) hair because I remember his eyes really stood out. The story is about a man in the military whose job was a driver for a senior officer and so there were lot of high speed driving scenes, and they were in a foreign country. There was a ballroom scene and I think he drove past the Berlin wall with a woman. Near the end he rides a motorcycle behind an 'active' military base to find out that it's not and that apparently there was an accident (a flashback) and everyone got killed in an explosion. He took some pictures for evidence then had to escape from people guarding this secret. He reached his superior officers but was told to hand over the film because they wanted to keep this cover-up, he gave them a fake and gave his friend the film.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2kansam
Rewind Curious
Member # 8481

- posted      Profile for 2kansam   Email 2kansam       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I am not sure if anyone knows or has already named this movie but, it's been driving me crazy because I can't think of the name or who stars in it or the plot. All I remember is a scene where the boy is working on a bike seat for this girl and he shrinks down very small, ends up inside her panties and while she's in class causes her to have an orgasm by tugging or climbing on her pubic hairs. The whole scene is hilarious and I truly can't remember if it's from the late 70's in the 80's or very early 90's. Any and all help would be great, Thanks.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
@mb3r133
Rewind Curious
Member # 8509

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for @mb3r133   Email @mb3r133   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help!!

My spouse described a 1980's movie to me, and though I pride myself on my knowledge of the genre, I am thoroughly STUMPED! Here is what was described:

Story of a boy who grows up in an upper class home with 2 loving parents, basically an entitled life, and when he is a teen he is killed somehow, but he is reincarnated, this time to a poor, low-class family. He looks EXACTLY the same in his second life as he did in the first life. The only other thing that can be remembered about the film is a part sometime toward the end of the movie where the boy is not quite a teenager anymore and is hitchhiking, and he is picked up by the now-older parents from his first life. They look at him in recognition and look at each other, unbelieving...and other than that, total blank.

Please help me redeem myself!!! Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds a teen-weeny bit like 'Chances Are':

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097044/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ogre
Rewind Curious
Member # 8526

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ogre   Email ogre   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
got a bit of a good one here for yall. Got a movie I remember as a kid that I just cant remember now. I wanna say there was 5 aliens (one wore sunglasses and talked like jack nicholson) and they were stranded(god figure) and when they finally found a way to elave earth their space ship was too heavy so they emptied their space tanks and alien poo went into a field that wasnt growing too well, and over night the crops exploded and grew like crazy....any ideas?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2kansam
Rewind Curious
Member # 8481

- posted      Profile for 2kansam   Email 2kansam       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spaced invaders is the name ogre
ogre
Rewind Curious
Member # 8526

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ogre   Email ogre   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome thanks
silly
Rewind Curious
Member # 8539

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for silly   Email silly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Need help with this one.. Can not remember the title of it at all !!

Early to mid eighties (hopefully not 70s) but it was about a group of kids that hang out in abandon houses and have problems at school and their is a big town meeting concerning all the kids and they end up over taking the school and at the end of the movie they are all taken away on a bus and you see the main kid looking out the window of the bus and he is smiling and all the kids are waving on the bridges and cheering..

Hopefully someone can help - I have always remembered this movie but no one knows what the heck I am talking about !!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the Edge
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and yes it was late 70s
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home