iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
KISSMAD
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KISSMAD   Email KISSMAD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it in the early 80's.
These strangers go into a haunted house together. They have to stay there for some reason. One of the females has sex/raped by a ghost. That's all I remember about the movie.

Posts: 65 | From: Aussieland | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the movie that you are thinking of KISSMAD might be 'Ghost Story'. It has been awhile since I have seen it, but I believe that is the one.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MSU1girl:
quote:
Originally posted by Oreb:
First off, i'd like to say hi to everyone here that shares my obsession with the eighties. I was still in kindergarten then, but I remember the second half of the decade as a wonderful period. Anyway, I have two questions:

1) I'm looking for the title of a summer commedy, the plot was about a girl band, kinda like The Bangles, a lot of the scenes tale part at the beach... I've seen it on TV in Croatia (on Sky and Filmet back in the day on cable) a couple of times, but I was like 5 then, so I don't remember much of it, just that the girls were super-cute

2) ...and I'd like to know the brand and the model name of those Blues Brothers sunglasses, they were popular at the time, Corey Feldman wore those in Burbs, Redman even weras them today. but I don't know who manufactures them.

So please help me out, thanks!

In answer to your first question, I think the movie is "The Allnighter."
The sunglasses are Ray-Ban Wayferers.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KISSMAD
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KISSMAD   Email KISSMAD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richie:
I think that the movie that you are thinking of KISSMAD might be 'Ghost Story'. It has been awhile since I have seen it, but I believe that is the one.

That's not the movie. I think they enter the house to win some money.
Posts: 65 | From: Aussieland | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like The legend of Hell House Kissmad.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KISSMAD
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4412

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Sounds like The legend of Hell House Kissmad.

That might be it. Thanks.
sunshine3548
Rewind Curious
Member # 6013

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sunshine3548   Email sunshine3548   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am also looking for a movie that seem no one has ever seen besides me. I believe it was an 80's thriller.

There are 2 teen girls that are best friends and I believe they live next door to each other. One of the girls locks her parents in their beedroom when they are asleep and sets the house on fire and the parents die. She goes to live at her friends house and tries to act all innocent and looking for their sympathy to get what she wants. The daughter sees what she is doing and at the end, the girls fight and the mean girl ends up falling on a water sprinkler, splitting her head open and dies.
That's all I can remember. It was a long time ago. Please tell me that someone knows what this is. Thanks.

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nita
Rewind Curious
Member # 6048

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for nita   Email nita   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am lookin 4 a movie, has a girl named piper in it. she loves a boy from a rival school that her brother hates. the movie has a battle of the bands contest in it and is very funny. please help me.
Posts: 2 | From: oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Groo_057
Rewind Curious
Member # 6085

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Groo_057   Email Groo_057   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying to find the title of a movie i saw in the 80s?
the movie had some teens who discover a scent that drove women crazy...it was a comedy movie they played late at night on showtime no nudity but the girls got all horney and what not.:-) if you know the title that would be great

Posts: 3 | From: new hapshire | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BV
Rewind Curious
Member # 6129

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BV   Author's Homepage   Email BV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So i am new to this and just need help! This is more of a question than a reply. I was thinking of a great 80's movie but I cant remember the name.
Basically its about a boy who lives by an old pond with a windmill next to it, the water is dirty and there is a rumor of a monster that lives in it.....so in the end you find that this monster is just an old sunken peice of equipment that once in a while raises out of the water, covered on mud and vegetation.

Posts: 1 | From: somewhere WA | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BV, that's an old classic that people ask about a few times a year usually, it's called "Frog Dreaming" (original Australian name), "The Go-Kids" (UK name) and "The Quest" (US name)
It stars Henry Thomas of ET fame.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
casfan
Rewind Curious
Member # 6215

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for casfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's about a boy whose father dies I think by a car accident or heart problems. The boy gets his father watch I think from a fishing trip. He walking one day and bullies beat him up and steal his watch. I think he goes to a pond shop to find it. I also think there is another boy who helps him along the way and I also think they steal a car.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob zombie
Rewind Curious
Member # 6240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for bob zombie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
help, i think this films from the 80's, Theres a guy in a white mask ( no not micheal or jason ) the only thing that really sticks is a scene where he's stabbing body bags trying to find a woman whos hiding in 1, it's bugging the hell outta me
Posts: 3 | From: south of hell | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tjay79
Rewind Curious
Member # 6259

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tjay79   Email tjay79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, can anyone help me with this title? The movie begins with him when he's a young boy kissing a girl and a relative comes in and sees him and curses him and then from there on whenever he gets excited he becomes a monster with wings but at the end he breaks the curse. please help me, thanks
Posts: 2 | From: Italy | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like 'My Demon Lover':

IMDB My Demon Lover

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tjay79
Rewind Curious
Member # 6259

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tjay79   Email tjay79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thamks logan5, that wasa exactly it. Only thing is that it's hard to find, I ve been looking for it all over internet, but nothing!!
Posts: 2 | From: Italy | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tjay79, there are three PAL VHS copies on eBay UK right now, if that helps.

eBay UK Search for My Demon Lover

Paul

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hysteria
Rewind Curious
Member # 6277

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hysteria   Email hysteria   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.. I have been trying for years to find this movie,but no luck.. i can't remember much about it,but i do remember i liked it! I think it was i high school movie!
I remember a scene with a girl i a red bikini,in slow motion getting up from the pool,and take's the top of.. i have seen many parody's on this movie,so it drives me crazy that i don't remeber it!! can you help me-please???

Posts: 1 | From: Norway | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Fast Times at Ridgemont High'. There's a page for it on this site.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatso
Rewind Curious
Member # 6290

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for fatso   Email fatso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi , i'm looking for a movie about a teeneage boy who plays a board or video game with a little doll or semething and the doll character is his hero . the doll comes to life ( he's the only one who see's him , it's like his imaginary friend ) his imaginary friend is dress as a military colonel or he's like a secret agent , all i remember is that he as a beret on his head , and is imaginary friend helps him with some tricks and tactics to win the game . he's a lonely boy and his parents are always away ( something like that ) he becomes a withness of a crime scene when he goes to see a friend who own's a videogame store , there's some criminals that comes in and he hide's in the closet , his friend somehow received a videogame that actually contains some evil plans and the criminal wants it , for some reason the boy has the game and his friend gives a replica of the game to the criminals and he gets shot , so the boy tries to escape and give the videogame to the police ( all that with is imaginary friend next to him and helping him with ways to find a escape ) all i remember is that the boy gets fallowed and tries to get killed by the criminal trough the rest of the film . and i remember something to ......... his imaginary friend somehow dies at the end by a gun shot ( i really don't remember how that happen's ) and finally the criminals get's arrested and the boy realized that he does'nt need his imaginary friend to live his life normally .

anyway i hope anyone out here can help me

p.s. : i noticed that nobody ever mentionned the movie ' the toughest man in the world ' with mr.T on this site , this is a classic film ( for me ) when i was young . here's a link to see some images and plot of the film for those who remember's http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/set/9540/mrscreen.html

thanx in advance

Posts: 4 | From: montreal | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blowndakrt
Rewind Curious
Member # 6291

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Blowndakrt   Email Blowndakrt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fatso:
hi , i'm looking for a movie about a teeneage boy who plays a board or video game with a little doll or semething and the doll character is his hero . the doll comes to life ( he's the only one who see's him , it's like his imaginary friend ) his imaginary friend is dress as a military colonel or he's like a secret agent , all i remember is that he as a beret on his head , and is imaginary friend helps him with some tricks and tactics to win the game . he's a lonely boy and his parents are always away ( something like that ) he becomes a withness of a crime scene when he goes to see a friend who own's a videogame store , there's some criminals that comes in and he hide's in the closet , his friend somehow received a videogame that actually contains some evil plans and the criminal wants it , for some reason the boy has the game and his friend gives a replica of the game to the criminals and he gets shot , so the boy tries to escape and give the videogame to the police ( all that with is imaginary friend next to him and helping him with ways to find a escape ) all i remember is that the boy gets fallowed and tries to get killed by the criminal trough the rest of the film . and i remember something to ......... his imaginary friend somehow dies at the end by a gun shot ( i really don't remember how that happen's ) and finally the criminals get's arrested and the boy realized that he does'nt need his imaginary friend to live his life normally .

anyway i hope anyone out here can help me

p.s. : i noticed that nobody ever mentionned the movie ' the toughest man in the world ' with mr.T on this site , this is a classic film ( for me ) when i was young . here's a link to see some images and plot of the film for those who remember's http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/set/9540/mrscreen.html

thanx in advance

Sounds like the movie "Cloak and Dagger".

Shawn

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatso
Rewind Curious
Member # 6290

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for fatso   Email fatso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanx that's it , i looked it on youtube and the whole movie is there !!!!! there's some dvd too !!! i'm gonna order my copy right away !!!
Posts: 4 | From: montreal | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Andre Lassen
Rewind Curious
Member # 6401

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Roger Andre Lassen   Email Roger Andre Lassen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys! This is my first post here :-)

Looking for a title of a movie ( no **** :-) )

What i can remember:
- This foreigner, dunno from where has gotten som american friends.. he is problably an exchange student.
- in one scene, they are in a car, they light their farts.. hehe.. when its time for the foreginer to fart the whole car shakes..
- another scene is: he is invited to a dinner at one of his friends house, it doesnt turn out great..

lol..

I know, not much to go on... any1 got a clue ?

Posts: 4 | From: Norway | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoriGurlaHP
Rewind Curious
Member # 6504

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BoriGurlaHP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok i have 2 movies i would like to find the names of

1. there was one about a girl and her boyfriend and in the beginning of the movie they show im at the store with her and i think he gets shot and shes there holding him and he comes back to life or something in the movie and i think the theme song to it was "my boyfriends back and theres going to be trouble hey ya..."

2. this one is really hard because i hardly remember anything. it should be a 80s movie if not early 90s its a dance movie and all i remember is the end where the girl and the guy are supposed to do a dance but some people dont want them to and they are chasing them and the guy the girl is with helps her get out of the window and she takes off her shoes i think and they get out of the window and they are climbing out on the side of the building on the stairs or something

any ideas would be great! thanks!

Posts: 2 | From: chicago, il | Registered: Jan 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vlc123
Rewind Curious
Member # 5990

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vlc123   Email vlc123   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to remember a move either from late 80's or early 90's. Plot line is similar to that of the upcoming movie Lust, Caution. This movie I'm trying to remember was about a Chineses business man in China who falls for a really young girl (like mid teens). Their love is forbidden and they start a secret affair. It's set in either WWI or WWII. That's all I can remember. Any ideas?
Posts: 6 | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home