iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be (and you'll kick yourself when you find out...) WILLY/MILLY from 1986.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MSU1girl
Rewind Curious
Member # 5689

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MSU1girl   Email MSU1girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there...

I'm looking for an early 80's movie. I can't remember much because I was just a kid, but it was about a 13 year old jewish girl who fell in love with an 18 year old boy. I remember she made him believe she was older and that she attended a Catholic school. Her guilt over the lies she told him ate away at her and she would binge on chocolate cake, until finally she told him the truth toward the end of the movie. But I can't remember neither the name of the movie nor how the movie ends! Arghhh!!! Can someone please help me? Please and thanks :-)

Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MSU1girl
Rewind Curious
Member # 5689

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MSU1girl   Email MSU1girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oreb:
First off, i'd like to say hi to everyone here that shares my obsession with the eighties. I was still in kindergarten then, but I remember the second half of the decade as a wonderful period. Anyway, I have two questions:

1) I'm looking for the title of a summer commedy, the plot was about a girl band, kinda like The Bangles, a lot of the scenes tale part at the beach... I've seen it on TV in Croatia (on Sky and Filmet back in the day on cable) a couple of times, but I was like 5 then, so I don't remember much of it, just that the girls were super-cute

2) ...and I'd like to know the brand and the model name of those Blues Brothers sunglasses, they were popular at the time, Corey Feldman wore those in Burbs, Redman even weras them today. but I don't know who manufactures them.

So please help me out, thanks!

In answer to your first question, I think the movie is "The Allnighter."
Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MSU1girl, the film you're looking for is 'Sooner Or Later':

IMDB Sooner Or Later

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MSU1girl
Rewind Curious
Member # 5689

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
MSU1girl, the film you're looking for is 'Sooner Or Later':

IMDB Sooner Or Later

YES! That's it!!! Thank you, thank you!!!
barbarac
Rewind Curious
Member # 5722

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for barbarac   Email barbarac       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please Help!
im looking for a movie i saw back in the 80s about a blonde long haired girl who is locked up in this hospital by her parents and escapes only to see other rooms with girls that look exactly like her but with differeent abilities like speaking french or playing piano. Please help!I have been looking for this so much!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loop
Rewind Curious
Member # 5725

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Loop         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, You may be able to help, I remember a film called 'Shag' with the actress from Drop dead Fred in it, it was about a type of dancing and no one I know remembers it! Please assure me it was not all in my head.
Posts: 4 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

No, you are right, Shag does exist, I believe made in 1989, and does in fact start Phoebe Cates. It hasn't been reviewed on this site, but it's called "Shag: The Movie".

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loop
Rewind Curious
Member # 5725

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Loop         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for that! There was no way i was going to type 'shag' into Google - not a good idea.
Posts: 4 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MSU1girl
Rewind Curious
Member # 5689

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by barbarac:
Please Help!
im looking for a movie i saw back in the 80s about a blonde long haired girl who is locked up in this hospital by her parents and escapes only to see other rooms with girls that look exactly like her but with differeent abilities like speaking french or playing piano. Please help!I have been looking for this so much!

I don't remember the name of this movie, but it sort of sounds like one I've been looking for. The one I'm talking about is regarding a girl who keeps seeing herself in newspapers and in tv clips. She's telling her family and friends she has a twin but they don't believe her. But the more she digs, the more she begins to realize that there is more than one girl that resembles her. Somehow she ends up in a hospital. In each room, there is a girl that looks like her with amazing abilities (piano playing, foreign languages, math skills). It's like a secret government lab or something. Then this woman shows up that I seem to recall making appearances throughout the movie. She was the original project years ago. She was the whom all the girls were cloned after. The girl the movie follows realizes the people she thought were her parents were really scientists or something like that.

Sound like anything anyone knows?

Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thik both of you maybe looking for this movie... 0:o)

Anna to the Infinite Power (1983)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085169/

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stewartfan33
Rewind Curious
Member # 5811

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for stewartfan33   Email stewartfan33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK THIS HAS DROVE ME CRAZY FOR 10 YEARS NOW AND I HOPE YOU CAN HELP!! THE MOVIE IS ABOUT THESE GIRLS WHO WERE HAVING A PARTY IN A HOUSE ON THE BEACH. THESE GUYS ARE IN A BOAT WAY OUT IN THE OCEAN WITH A BUNCH OF MARIJUANA AND THEY ARE ABOUT TO GET CAUGHT SO THEY THROW IT OVERBOARD ( IN TRASH BAGS) AND IT WASHES UP ON THE BEACH WHERE THESE GIRLS ARE HAVING THE PARTY. I THOUGHT LYNN HOLLY JOHNSON WAS IN IT BUT I'M NOT SURE. I REMEMBER ONE OF THE GIRLS FINDING THE MARIJUANA AND SAYING " WELL LOCK ME IN A FREEZER & CALL ME A POPSICLE!" IF ANYONE CAN END THIS 10 YEAR CRAZE PLEASE HELP!!
Posts: 1 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherbear
Rewind Curious
Member # 5822

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sherbear   Email sherbear   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey can anyone help me im looking for the name of a movie from the 80s or 90s im not sure. its about to girls that keep fighting or something and there families decide that they should try each others lifes for a while. i know that one of the girls is a lot richer then the other and i think the poorer ones family might live over or own a butchers shop. any help you can give me will be much appreciated. thanks
Posts: 2 | From: aust | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BeotchAJ
Rewind Curious
Member # 5828

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BeotchAJ   Email BeotchAJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, No one I know can remember the name of the movie this scene is from...It's from the early 80's. It's either a slasher flick or a T & A comedy. There are some cheerleaders exercising b/4 practice. They have there arms up in a T position, and thrust their elbows back then staighten their arms and thrust them again. As they do, the recite, "We must! We must! We must increase our busts!" Does anyone know what movie this is from?? PLEASE let me know if you do!! Thanks!
Posts: 2 | From: Fayetteville, AR | Registered: Jun 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BeotchAJ:
OK, No one I know can remember the name of the movie this scene is from...It's from the early 80's. It's either a slasher flick or a T & A comedy. There are some cheerleaders exercising b/4 practice. They have there arms up in a T position, and thrust their elbows back then staighten their arms and thrust them again. As they do, the recite, "We must! We must! We must increase our busts!" Does anyone know what movie this is from?? PLEASE let me know if you do!! Thanks!

Hey, when I googled the quote I got a novel called Forever written by Judy Blume. And found a film based on the book from 1978 on the imdb. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077574/

Hope it's what you're looking for [Smile]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4eyez
Rewind Curious
Member # 5833

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 4eyez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHATS THIS MOVIE? Fast Lamborghinis...Doberman's that eat peanut butter after one guy breaks in the car place, Arcade game similar to "Hard Drivin" where you could mow people down, and the quote, "Torpedo Burrito, you gonna die man!!!" and the final scene is the guy carrying his bride into an hourly hotel at night.....Its from the 80s!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 4eyez:
WHATS THIS MOVIE? Fast Lamborghinis...Doberman's that eat peanut butter after one guy breaks in the car place, Arcade game similar to "Hard Drivin" where you could mow people down, and the quote, "Torpedo Burrito, you gonna die man!!!" and the final scene is the guy carrying his bride into an hourly hotel at night.....Its from the 80s!!!!!!!!!!

It Takes Two (1988)

IBDB Page HERE

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4eyez
Rewind Curious
Member # 5833

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 4eyez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 4eyez:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It Takes Two (1988)

-GREAT THANKS ALOT!!! Been trying to figure that out for the last....8 years or so this place is great, I have another one I will post about later.

Thanks,

4eyez

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kppa
Rewind Curious
Member # 5879

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kppa   Email kppa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Him, i've been wondering about the name of a movie.
It's about a girl, a young teenager that is a big fan of a star, I think he's a singer.
One day she puts on makeup (looking older than she really is) and goes to his concert (or something of the kind), he sees her in the crowd and falls for her, but he thinks she's someone around his age (probably around 18-20's), and when he finds out that she's way younger than him (maybe around 13-15), he doesn't want to be with her anymore ..but I think in the end they stay together.
I would really like to know the title of this movie! If someone could please help me..

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's called 'Sooner or Later':

IMDB Sooner or Later

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sigrist
Rewind Curious
Member # 5886

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sigrist   Email sigrist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello
im looking for the name of a movie that i saw long time ago, the history start when 3 american guys were drinking in the border of russia and they get caught by the police, the put them in jail, 2 of them escape and the other goes to a big jail, the other 2 guys were helped by a russian girl to rescue the other guy, then they were caught again but one of the guys gets killed, so th other guy and the girl were send to prision and in the prision the other dude that were caught before is the king of the jail (fighting and its also losing his mind)at the end only one guy escape...the movie its from 80's

thanks

Posts: 1 | From: pasadena, tx | Registered: Jun 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbysmommy
Rewind Curious
Member # 5911

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for abbysmommy   Email abbysmommy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been hoping to find someone that could help me with the name of a movie...I swear I saw it when I was a kid but my parents think I am nuts...about a single father who has at least 4-5 daughters..the girls were kind of wild and i think there was a red corvette or convertable driven in the movie....they lived in a huge house...someone please help
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennypink
Rewind Curious
Member # 5922

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jennypink   Email jennypink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I am looking for a movies about a guy whon in the beging of the movie knew or had a gas station but turned into a buger place and had a secret sauce it made people crazy for it. Some one help me please?? E-mail me at jchabreck@yahoo.com!! Please anyone
Posts: 7 | From: Slidell | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennypink
Rewind Curious
Member # 5922

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jennypink   Email jennypink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi i am lokking for a movie about a guy who in the begging of the movie knew someone or owned a gas staion but turned into a burger place and they had a secret sauce and people loved it. Does anyone know what it is??? Please e-mail me at jchabreck@yahoo.com
Posts: 7 | From: Slidell | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainbow2010
Rewind Curious
Member # 5965

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for rainbow2010   Email rainbow2010   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a movie about a family when the climate had warmed significantly and they tried to go north to survive. We think it had Is it Hot Enough For you or something like that in the title. Any ideas?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home