iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
80s kid
Rewind Curious
Member # 5171

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80s kid   Email 80s kid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a B Grade 80's movie, where it was about a little boy who was adopted by a rich family. I remember he had an older adopted brother who was a monk and sat in his room praying with his swords.
The kid meets this teen brat who kinda takes him under his wing and teaches him how to do the wrong stuff. They then organise to rob his adopted parents home and tie up the whole family. There are scenes in the movie where the little boy swallows a spoon and is then held upside down so it will come out. Anothere scene is where the older teen swallows a fly in class and the teacher puts him in detention. And another scene where when the family is tied up, he rips off the top of the adopted sister.
Anyway, i hope all this helps as im dying to remember the name of this movie....thanks [/LIST] [/LIST]

Posts: 2 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SocalDude
Rewind Curious
Member # 5178

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SocalDude   Email SocalDude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q. I have two movies that I have been searching for. First is a movie about a girl BMX'er along the lines of BMX Bandits. I believe it's from New Zealand but could be wrong. All the guy BMX'ers pick on her until she beats their leader in a race. The second would be about a Victorian era little girl that dies in a house and becomes a ghost that sings the Fair-uh-jaques-uh song. I think there's also something about a well. Thanks for any help with these flics.
Posts: 1 | From: Honolulu, Hi | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jedi-nite
Rewind Curious
Member # 5182

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jedi-nite   Email jedi-nite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for a movie which may have been made for television. It's about a girl who uses a spell to turn into a boy. The next morning she wakes up and it worked. Her best friend becomes weirded out, but they eventually fall for each other (i think). Any ideas?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jedi-nite, I believe you're talking about the film called "Willy/Milly" aka "Something Special". Somewhat rare, no DVD release but I did manage to get the laserdisc of it though.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dj rockin steve
Rewind Curious
Member # 5214

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dj rockin steve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the name of this movie? 4 college students on break accidently end up in russia territory, witness a murder in a barn then discover they cannot get back into switzerland(?). The 2 girls are made to prostitute themselves and the 2 guys end up on a human chess board. This was a true story. Thanks Steve
Posts: 2 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Sounds like Born American, but I don't think that's it, it sounds more like a story from Kurt Vonnegut that might have been made into a movie.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dj rockin steve
Rewind Curious
Member # 5214

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dj rockin steve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution...you are right. The movie was "Born American". Thank you very much. DJ Rockin Steve
Posts: 2 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atrimis
Rewind Curious
Member # 5367

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for atrimis   Email atrimis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's one that's not on the list, that I don't know if anyone will be able to help answer...

It's one of those Comedy/Murder mystery movies, NOT CLUE, MIND YOU, that has like teams of two trying to figure out who killed a person. I believe the team that managed to figure out who the killer was would win cash, posibly. What I remember for a fact is that at the end 1 team would run up, and say that the host-like-guy was someone else, and another team would say he's really a different person... it continued untill the last person, where the accusee removed a mask and was really the person that died, basically canceling out the whole moving. As everyone leaves, one team, An older Asian guy, and his grandson, i believe get in a car, and the old guy blames the grandson for loseing it for them.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Murder By Death, a parody of noir detective films.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atrimis
Rewind Curious
Member # 5367

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for atrimis   Email atrimis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, very much. I've wondered what on earth that movie was called for years!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marlowsoonerfan
Rewind Curious
Member # 5379

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for marlowsoonerfan   Email marlowsoonerfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay here is a movie that I can't remember the name of. It was about some bad guys with clown masks on that kidnap kids from a school out in the country and put them in some sort of cave underground and cover the hole up??? It seems like the people in this movie may of had brittish accents. Please reply. Driving me crazy!!!!!
Posts: 9 | From: Marlow, Ok | Registered: Jan 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marlowsoonerfan
Rewind Curious
Member # 5379

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for marlowsoonerfan   Email marlowsoonerfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kiki:
I'm looking for this movie that use to air on the Disney channel (I think) at night. I think it is an 80's movie (it looked like it) anyway...

It was a story about a high school girl (and if i remember correctly I think she was a babysitter too) who wants to be popular so she visits this lady (possibly a fortune teller or something? She looked old and dressed like one) and that lady helped her wish come true and she became popular. Then another part in the movie she showed the old lady a picture of a pretty woman that she wanted to look just like and it happened.

She ends up with a popular guy and goes and makes out with him in some abandoned house. Thats all I can remember.

Can anyone tell me the name of this movie?

ye it is Teen Witch
Posts: 9 | From: Marlow, Ok | Registered: Jan 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marlowsoonerfan
Rewind Curious
Member # 5379

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by DaBargainHunta:
Okay, I only THINK this movie was '80s. It might've been '70s. Definitely no earlier or later than that though. I don't remember much about it, so bear with me.

I think the ending is what will tip someone off to exactly what this movie is. It's been driving me NUTS for YEARS, so PLEASE HELP! [Big Grin]

It was about a group of kids in a classroom. Somehow they ventured outside (I think) and ran into a killer. The killer wore some kind of Halloween mask. I think they entered a cave at some point, but I could be wrong, so scratch that part if need be.

Now the ending: After they were all safe, the "killer" appeared at the window of the classroom, but it was really just one of the kids fooling around with the real killer's mask.

Anyone know? I've been wondering for years.

Thanks!

This sounds a lot like the movie I was looking for. I think the killer had a clown mask, but i thought their wa several killers.
mponc003
Rewind Curious
Member # 5391

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mponc003   Email mponc003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm looking for a movie title. In the movie there was a college kid who was driving i believe it was the Pennsylvania turnpike. He had a calculus book next to him. he was pulled over for speeding, and the cop proved it to him by using the mean value theorem.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mponc003, could it be "How I Got Into College"?
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenni5672
Rewind Curious
Member # 5534

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jenni5672   Email jenni5672   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, not srue it is an 80's but think so. It was about a girl who was taking guitar lessons on the sly with this guy and fell for him. He was a little older and had a band. She had to get on a bus to get to the lessons. It was a tv movie. thanks. been driving me nuts for years.
Posts: 2 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a 70's film. I think someone answered this in another thread, it's called 'Sooner Or Later':

IMDB Sooner Or Later

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randyholic
Rewind Curious
Member # 5595

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Randyholic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, everybody! I need help trying to find the name of these three particular movies...

First, an 80's movie that had 4 teenages that had mutant powers (similar to Misfits of Science, but made into a movie). In the final scene, the girl had to use telekinesis to bring down a helicopter.

Second, a love story about a man who froze himself and thawed out 40 years later and still is in love with the same woman. I originally thought the movie title was "Frozen In Time," but I was wrong.

And lastly, there was a short cartoon special that played on Halloween night that starred several arcade heroes. One of them looked like "Silver Surfer" but his weapon arm was like a pinball. At the end, the evil Space Invaders surrounded the arcade heroes and won. And in the final scene, all that was left was a boy's smoking shoe. I originally thought this was from a "Heavy Metal" cartoon, but this aired so long ago.

Thanks in advance!

[ 02. February 2007, 20:05: Message edited by: Randyholic ]

Posts: 2 | From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randyholic
Rewind Curious
Member # 5595

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Randyholic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Randyholic:
First, an 80's movie that had 4 teenages that had mutant powers (similar to Misfits of Science, but made into a movie). In the final scene, the girl had to use telekinesis to bring down a helicopter.

Second, a love story about a man who froze himself and thawed out 40 years later and still is in love with the same woman. I originally thought the movie title was "Frozen In Time," but I was wrong.

And lastly, there was a short cartoon special that played on Halloween night that starred several arcade heroes. One of them looked like "Silver Surfer" but his weapon arm was like a pinball. At the end, the evil Space Invaders surrounded the arcade heroes and won. And in the final scene, all that was left was a boy's smoking shoe. I originally thought this was from a "Heavy Metal" cartoon, but this aired so long ago.

Somebody must have at least heard of these movies. [Frown]
Posts: 2 | From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, 'Misfits of Science' actually was a movie before it was a TV show:

IMDB Misfits Of Science

The other one might be 'Forever Young' with Mel Gibson:

IMDB Forever Young

Don't recognise the third.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
COOLBREEZE62
Rewind Curious
Member # 5609

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for COOLBREEZE62   Email COOLBREEZE62   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marlowsoonerfan:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBargainHunta:

It was about a group of kids in a classroom. Somehow they ventured outside (I think) and ran into a killer. The killer wore some kind of Halloween mask. I think they entered a cave at some point, but I could be wrong, so scratch that part if need be.

Now the ending: After they were all safe, the "killer" appeared at the window of the classroom, but it was really just one of the kids fooling around with the real killer's mask.

Anyone know? I've been wondering for years.

Thanks!

This sounds a lot like the movie I was looking for. I think the killer had a clown mask, but i thought their wa several killers.
I think the movie with the students(kids) might 1993 TV movie They've Taken Our Children: The Chowchilla Kidnapping that aired on ABC Based on an actual 1976 kidnapping where 26 students are commandeered on their school bus on July 15, 1976, near Chowchilla in the San Joaquin Valley.
The three men transferred their hostages to two vans, drove about 100 miles north and put them in a moving van they had buried in a quarry,(Might be the "cave" you're thinking of?)
While they were trying to arrange for the ransom, bus driver Ed Ray (played by KArl Malden"Streets of San Francisco")and some of the older boys dug their way out of the truck and summoned help.

OR THE ENGLISH ACCENTS COMMENT IT MIGHT BE"

FORTRESS 1985
Plot Outline: An Australian school teacher and her students are kidnapped. She and the children fight for their lives and try to escape from their captors.
Plot Synopsis: "Fortress" explores a shocking concept which shows how easily a borderline between a victim and an attacker can be crossed. The children and the teacher, calm and peaceful by nature, when driven beyond their limits by the kidnappers, eventually respond with a cruelty and fury extending that of their oppressors.

Posts: 7 | From: Florida westcoast Tampa Bay area | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meesh 26
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5648

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Meesh 26   Email Meesh 26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I don't remember much of this movie, it was a horror and was about a group who gets lost on a road trip and find themselves in a seems-to-be abandoned town and the name of it was something like Goblin or Goblins backwards. Anyway they start getting picked off one by one by hideous goblins. Know it?
Posts: 12 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

Meesh 26, could you be thinking of that ultimate classic beyond-bad movie, "Troll 2" (1990)?
Meesh 26
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5648

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Meesh 26   Email Meesh 26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm almost positive it wasn't Troll 2, I specifically remember it involving Goblins not Trolls. But thanks anyway.
Posts: 12 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meghanj
Rewind Curious
Member # 5655

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for meghanj   Email meghanj   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is this movie or afterschool special I saw when I was little that was a gender bender but I do not think it was just one of the guys. Maybe I am mixing up movies..but the movie I saw was about a girl named millie who liked to go up on her roof and look at stars in her telescope. She had a best friend who was a blond. She was in high school or late middle school. She could get on her roof from her room. One night she wished to be a boy and when she woke up she had a penis? Then her named changed to Willie.

What am I thinking of? Am I mixing up movies?
Thanks
Meg

Posts: 2 | From: utah | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home