iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 24)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
Ml2CoolCat
Rewind Curious
Member # 9093

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ml2CoolCat   Email Ml2CoolCat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i found it the name of the movie is "naked space" with leslie nielson and cindy williams from 1983
Posts: 6 | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also called Creature wasn't nice apparently..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082213/

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bjjunegirl
Rewind Curious
Member # 6199

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for bjjunegirl   Email bjjunegirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been trying to the name of this movie for years so if any of you can help me I'd be eternally grateful!

It's about this guy who takes this girl out on a date. Her dad is super strick I think he might be a police detective if memory serves me right. He gives them a curfew and threatens the boy about what will happen if he brings his daughter home late. They end up running into all kinds of problems and the movie ends up being mostly about him trying to get her home safe.
Does this ring any bells for anyone? It's driving me crazy!

Posts: 6 | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Night Before
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey bjjunegirl..

Here's The Rewind thread on it:

The Night Before (1988)

It is a hidden gem.. enjoy!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bjjunegirl
Rewind Curious
Member # 6199

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for bjjunegirl   Email bjjunegirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll check it out and see if it is the movie I seek! Thanks much!
Posts: 6 | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dude
Rewind Curious
Member # 9380

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dude   Email dude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I briefly saw parts to this movie about high school/college teens who try to find out personal things about girls to have sex with them. The one kid pretends he works for the IRS and visits a girls house to find out things about her for someone else. While he is there he winds up hooking up the the mother behind the bar while the father was in the kitchen. From what I saw it was hilarious. The only other thing I remember is when they get into college the cool kid winds up falling in love and punches one of his buddies in the nose. I told my wife how funny it was and now I can't find it for her. I saw it on dish network possibly on starz or one of there movie channels. If someone knows the name please let me know. My wife and I are dying to whatch it.
Posts: 6 | From: Phila | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rubberduckloser
Rewind Curious
Member # 9419

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rubberduckloser   Email Rubberduckloser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for the name of a movie. I do not know all the details. From what I can remember a guy crashes into a cement truck or falls into a vat of cement and goes down in like a drain or something. I think the main character thinks he died but at the end of the movie he is still alive. It was all a hoax or something... hope this is enough information
[Confused]

Posts: 1 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FREESPIRITED79
Rewind Curious
Member # 9488

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for FREESPIRITED79   Email FREESPIRITED79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IM LOOKING FOR A MOVIES IT HAD 2 TWIN BROTHERS THAT WERE TRUCK DRIVERS AND THEY ALWAYS SAID CHICKEN BONE CHICKEN BONE LUCKY LUCKY CHICKEN BONE PLEASE EMAIL ME AT FREESPIRITED1879@YAHOO.COM THANK YOU
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think Big?

John & Peter Paul

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100772/

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FREESPIRITED79
Rewind Curious
Member # 9488

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for FREESPIRITED79   Email FREESPIRITED79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU KERBERUS
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marty1975
Rewind Curious
Member # 9501

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for marty1975         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, please, please help!

I've been searching for this movie for years. My fourth-grade teacher showed it to my class in 1985, so I'm thinking that it was made in the early-80's, or possibly the late-70's.

It was a live action-animation combo. I only vaguely remember the opening scenes of the movie: a boy (he may have had a sibling) chases a leprechaun (or gnome) across fields and through a forest. The leprechaun/gnome was animated. I believe that they ended up going after treasure of some sort, or that the leprechaun/gnome may have stolen something, and the boy was trying to retrieve it.

I've asked in a few other places before, and I've received, "The Great Land of the Small," as a possible answer. However, I am POSITIVE that that is not the movie.

Thanks in advance for any possible help. This one's been driving me crazy for years!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauren Dallas Texas
Rewind Curious
Member # 9541

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lauren Dallas Texas   Email Lauren Dallas Texas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a movie from the 80's with teenage boys at a boarding school. The headmaster was so mean and had a stick. He would scream "say it again, I said say it again" over and over with a country accent. It was hilarious. All I remember was that, and that the boys were always in trouble. Maybe they were like 14 or 15? They stole a car. Anyone remember that? The song "Rock the Casbah" was in it by the Clash, so it was maybe mid 80's.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Up The Academy
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Up The Academy

I think you might be confusing images from The Clash video with a character from the movie. But I'm still going with "Up The Academy".. because the quote is definitely in it.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, definitely Up The Academy. No doubt about it.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauren Dallas Texas
Rewind Curious
Member # 9541

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lauren Dallas Texas   Email Lauren Dallas Texas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you guys so much! I watched the movie UP THE ACADEMY last night and laughed like crazy. Brought back some fun times. I love it! 80's is the BEST!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great flick!

Welcome to the boards Lauren [Smile]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manafae
Rewind Curious
Member # 9542

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Manafae         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember being a small child and seeing this sort of scene on our television screen.

There was a giant pit with thick tar at the bottom. People were sliding down under the tar and some were never seen again but a small few came back out with fairy wings on their backs.

I don't think that I made this memory up, but I can't seem to find anything online. I've searched for years!

Please help!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
conard le barban
Rewind Curious
Member # 9581

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for conard le barban   Email conard le barban   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow. 24 pages sure is a lot to read. I sadly didn't find the movie i'm looking for in those pages. I believe that there is a kind or gardian angel helping a guy to be cooler. Once more self-assured, he gets to sleep with the winner of a wet t-shirt contest, but FORGETS TO REMOVE THE SALAMI HE PUT IN HIS PANTS... At the end, the angel helps an "ugly" girl to flirt with this guy (who no longer need him). Not sure about this one, but he also tries to score with the ultra hot chick alone in her dorm while everybody wait outside for the huge jalous boyfriend to come back and throw him by the window.I hope I didn't mixed two movies, but you guys really know your stuff so i'm confident you can help me. Thx.
Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firstly, welcome to the Rewind Conard

Secondly, you're looking for MEATBALLS III Starring Patrick Dempsey.
 -

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
conard le barban
Rewind Curious
Member # 9581

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for conard le barban   Email conard le barban   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much. Perhaps this was an easy one, but in any case, I'm very impressed by your collective knowledge about 80s movies. This forum is priceless.
Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jace
Rewind Curious
Member # 9583

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jace   Email Jace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a movie I saw on cable when I was younger. The people were on boats and there were a bunch of girls who lined up on a boat and flashed this group of guys and the guys got distracted and crashed their boat.
Posts: 2 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jace, that sounds very much like a scene from the same movie mentioned above...MEATBALLS III.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jace
Rewind Curious
Member # 9583

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jace   Email Jace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't sure. Thank you sir for the response!! Too bad #3 isn't available on dvd right now.
Posts: 2 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home