iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 26)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
danielduke
Rewind Curious
Member # 10192

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for danielduke   Email danielduke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a movie from the 80th. It is a youth comedy about a boy who falls in love with a girl and stays in the front garden of her house for days just to make Her fall in love with him too. He eats there, sleep there and everything. After many days, He just leave but the girl discovered that in all that time She was indeed in love with him and go to his house and does exactly the same thing he did just to be with him.

I hope you can help me find the title of this movie.

Thank you,

Daniel

Posts: 3 | From: Argentina | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamond
Rewind Curious
Member # 10319

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for diamond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need help, me & my co-workers can't remember the name of this maybe 80's movie. its about a drifter with stars on his hand & as it gets closer to the appocalypse they start to move into a circle. he carries christ's blood in a amulet around his neck. the blood protects him & the people he's trying to save from demons trying to kill him. he dies at the end & passes on the amulet & the stars to one of the persons he helped.does anyone know the name of this movie?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
diamond, what about Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (1995)?
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by danielduke:
I am trying to find a movie from the 80th. It is a youth comedy about a boy who falls in love with a girl and stays in the front garden of her house for days just to make Her fall in love with him too. He eats there, sleep there and everything. After many days, He just leave but the girl discovered that in all that time She was indeed in love with him and go to his house and does exactly the same thing he did just to be with him.

Sounds a bit like 'Eight Days a Week':

IMDB Eight Days a Week

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gh
Rewind Curious
Member # 8403

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for gh   Email gh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked about this movie a long time ago and never found it. It is a teen dance romance movie 70s or 80s was on cable in 89 or 90 it was like girls just want to have fun and dirty dancing rolled into one. A girl ends up dancing with the "bad boy's" crew in a comp against her older brother. It's bugged me for years.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sneaks
Rewind Curious
Member # 11352

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sneaks   Email sneaks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if I'm posting this inquiry in the right place but worth a shot. I'm searching for the name of a movie that was featured on HBO in the mid 80s. It was set in white suburbia, coming of age teen drama about 3 kids. One girl was the 'dork' with a short blonde bob and a big smile and then there was the 'pretty' dark haired, timid girl. There was a dark haired dorky boy that runs away from home and winds up camping out in a yellow tent on the porch of one of the girl's house. The blonde girl finally get a kiss at the end. I know its vague any ideas?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiRR
Rewind Curious
Member # 11485

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LiRR   Email LiRR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am looking for an old sci-fi, The a man ( I remember a cop) that finds a wrist watch that give him special powers (Superhero like) and I remember it was alien, and at the end he give it back.

Appreciate any help with this one, I have been searching for a couple of days now.

Posts: 1 | From: Israel | Registered: Apr 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LiRR:
Hi, I am looking for an old sci-fi, The a man ( I remember a cop) that finds a wrist watch that give him special powers (Superhero like) and I remember it was alien, and at the end he give it back.

Appreciate any help with this one, I have been searching for a couple of days now.

Hi LiRR, could you be thinking of the old 1976 T.V. series Gemini Man?

Gemini Man Intro

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brand7734
Rewind Curious
Member # 11862

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for brand7734   Email brand7734   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Takes place at a beach or big lake with a bunch of teens. There is this young guy that works at a boat shop where he fills the boats with gas and one part he is filling one up, a girl passes by, checks her out and he overfills the gas tank. there is also a gang of biker looking guys but on boats and jet ski. Also some girl that is in a house that guys keep getting thrown out a window by this big biker guy and fall in the water. well the young guy ends up going in her room, somehow the big biker guy gets knocked out and the young guy shows off in the window so everyone can see that he made it. at the end the biker guy was the brother of the girl.
Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brand7734:
Takes place at a beach or big lake with a bunch of teens. There is this young guy that works at a boat shop where he fills the boats with gas and one part he is filling one up, a girl passes by, checks her out and he overfills the gas tank. there is also a gang of biker looking guys but on boats and jet ski. Also some girl that is in a house that guys keep getting thrown out a window by this big biker guy and fall in the water. well the young guy ends up going in her room, somehow the big biker guy gets knocked out and the young guy shows off in the window so everyone can see that he made it. at the end the biker guy was the brother of the girl.

This movie was mentioned already a couple pages back, but once again...You are looking for the movie Meatballs III starring a very young Patrick Dempsey Brand7734.
 -

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostintheflood
Rewind Curious
Member # 11864

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lostintheflood   Email lostintheflood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, wondering if anyone might know the title of the movie where this scene is from:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/540026_10150674631436824_756101823_9586526_1416465019_n.jpg

Not sure if 70s or 80s but any help would be appreciated ... thanks.

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't, but what a cool pic!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lostintheflood,

i got a question for you.

If you don't know the title of the movie, then how did you find that pic ? And how do you know
it's from the 70s or 80s ?
I mean, any kind of hint about how you found that pic might help us to come up with the title.

Thus far i can see something that has been filmed in cinescope, is most likely set in
the fifties or early sixties, and has a sun-drenched look to it.

When that pic popped up on my screen, the first thing i thought about was The Hot Spot..
but that can't be it. It does seem to have the same atmosphere though.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostintheflood
Rewind Curious
Member # 11864

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lostintheflood   Email lostintheflood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny, it's from the website Tumblr. It has been "reblogged" several times, however, the original poster does not specify the movie it is from. After all, I suppose it could also be a TV show, however, I stumbled across this site and just figured I'd inquire.

I don't know that it's from the 70s or 80s ... I had said "not sure if 70s or 80s" in my original post ... Again, just figured this is a good spot to ask.

Thanks for the reply though!

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostintheflood
Rewind Curious
Member # 11864

Rate Member
To anyone interested, I've come to realize it's from Tom Ford's "A Single Man" (2009) set in 1962 ...
Pickle
Rewind Curious
Member # 12033

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pickle   Email Pickle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am new to this so I'd appreciate your help, I am looking for what I think is an 80's film but could be early 90's. Its about a girl, who gets taken in by a lady who has a cafe, she helps out as a waitress and lives with the woman, I seem to recall, the girl stealing some food, but I can't remember why, (I think to give to a waif?), I had this film on video, but chucked it and the name of it just eludes me although I watched it often! I think it was something like, The something cafe, just need the something - your help would be much appreciated - thank you x
Posts: 1 | From: England | Registered: May 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bagdad Cafe (1987) [Smile]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phrankieboi_80
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone Plz help me with this movie title. Do you remember an 80's comedy movie i saw on hbo where cocaine was smuggled Into a hotel kitchen and replaced the sugar in big jars and these cooks were making a cake and couldnt taste the sweetness of it thinking it was sugar and went stir crazy making it and everyone went bezerk after eating the cake. There was even a scene where there was a talent show and someone put a pile of cocaine in the AC vent and these girls were like 'do you smell that' and they were on stage playing slow music like earth angel or something, then went nuts and started playing metal and scared the hell out of everyone. Can someone Plz help me with this movie title.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Phrankieboi,

the movie you're looking for is Screwball Hotel (1988).

The funny thing is that the only legit dvd release of this one was released here in Holland.

There's also a user review on the Imdb that's really quite similar to yours, from someone who
also remembers it from the early days of HBO.

Isaac
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 10555

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Isaac   Email Isaac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know a lot how to use this, but I am trying to find a 80's movie that were boys in a bedroom and they use to have monsters friends and then they use to travel to their world, i think the special door to travel was in the bedroom boys. I know is difficult but is only i remember when i was a kid. Thaks.
Posts: 14 | From: Dominican Republic | Registered: Jan 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Isaac,

the movie you're looking for is Little Monsters (1989) starring Fred Savage (from The Wonder Years).

sparkie
Rewind Curious
Member # 12685

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sparkie   Email sparkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am trying to find out the name of a 80s sci fi film. The good guys had jetpacks and brown suits of some sort and wore helmets that were shaped like crocodile or alligator heads. I think the bad guys were all lizard like men. Not sure if the plot was taken place in the future or another planet.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tony filho
Rewind Curious
Member # 13138

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tony filho   Email tony filho   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I'd like to know the name of a movie in which there is this guy, with glasses and this girl called "Joyce", I think. They go to college, but it's a college with separate housing for boys and girls. And then, one day this guy takes Joyce out. And he borrows a friend's car and his friend tells him not to make a mess in the backseat - it was a black car. And then he brings Joyce home and they make love. It's a sad movie somehow, because I think one of this guy's friends dies.What's the name of this movie?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orangepit
Rewind Curious
Member # 13139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for orangepit   Email orangepit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive just about given up figuring this one out. It was a horror movie I watched on tv at a friends house many years ago and the only thing we remember is a scene where a guy is running from a monster of some sort and ends up in a cemetary and is cornered against a headstone. The monster then lifts his arms high above his head in outward arches and pees on the guy.

I'd love to know what movie this was.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sparkie:
Hi, I am trying to find out the name of a 80s sci fi film. The good guys had jetpacks and brown suits of some sort and wore helmets that were shaped like crocodile or alligator heads. I think the bad guys were all lizard like men. Not sure if the plot was taken place in the future or another planet.

Could be Enemy Mine with Dennis Quaid and Louis Gossett Jr. ?
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home