iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 36)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah and our Krista is in the finals, wohoo [Big Grin]
Seriously, i always watched the contest when i was a kid but not anymore.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here.. but we didn't have cable tv back then. We only had two Dutch channels and two Belgian channels,
so there wasn't really that much to watch anyway. [Big Grin]

Over the years, that whole contest has become one big joke and the summit of kitsch...
unless we win of course ! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 2178 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which one of you is Chandler Young's son?
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't we start the most popular threads from the 70's and 80's section all over again, but this time in the 80's Culture
and the Social Club sections ?
I mean, the latter two sections seem to be spam-free.. so why not focus on those ?

Just a thought..

Posts: 2178 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking the same but the 80s section includes SO much fantastic information
that it would be a disaster to watch it go. A total disaster...

I wonder why the moderators are so quiet...
Are you working on something or did you just give up?

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I just came back from the dentist. The guy wanted to extract two teeth... [Eek!]

Don't you just love going to the dentist ?! [Frown]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, i hate it! They never have anything nice to say [Smile]

Let´s just say that i´ve certainly had my share of toothaches so
it´s a very important work they do but i still hate to sit down on that chair [Big Grin]
And i´m never going to watch the Dentist horror films [Big Grin]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yeah, real horror happens in the dentist's chair !

After he said two teeth were damaged beyond repair and wanted to extract them, i said i'll get back on that..

and then i ran faster than i ever did ! [Big Grin]

For god's sake, the guy was already putting his plastic doctor's gloves on.. i was like : No way, man ! [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
This reminds me that i need to check out Little Shop of Horrors again asap.
Steve Martin as the crazy dentist, now that i CAN watch [Cool]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Bill Murray sure was one tougher dude than i was today ! [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
And i´m never going to watch the Dentist horror films [Big Grin]

First one is really good but eek some parts made me feel really queasy [Eek!]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Today, two of the upcoming Shout! Factory releases already came in. Both Cohen And Tate (blu-ray) as well as
the Sci-Fi Movie Marathon (which features America 3000, The Arena, Time Guardians, and Eliminators) were shipped early.
Release date for both was set for july 9th. I have to admit i was a little annoyed that Ninja III ; The Domination
wasn't part of this latest package. I have to wait a little longer for that one, i guess.

Now for the tricky part..
This is the first package from the US that came at the store after they had to close shop, permanently.
As i said before, they're still in business, but only as an online store.. so now they need to send those great, new releases
to my house, instead of me going over to pick them up myself..

Ah well, Bob Dylan already said it decades ago : The Times They Are A Changin'. [Roll Eyes]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cohen and Tate blu ray I'll definitely be picking up at some point johnny and the sci- fi movie marathon is worth picking up for eliminators alone,a lot of fun,never seen the other 3 movies featured on it.

Be good when the site gets back to something resembling its old self,all this spam,I thought it was just a page or 2 but the site's been seriously blitzed,I went back about 10 pages or so and it's nothing but spam. [Frown]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the point of the spam I wonder. I mean who is really gonna look at all that stuff and go hhmmmm, I'll click this link and buy some of those cheap Gucci handbags? Am I missing something?
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I hear that Windows 7 product keys are the new black.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yeah, that's why i said we can better have our conversations in the sections of the site that haven't been bombarded
with spam. I think that's the best option for now, but i still hope the 70's and 80's sections get cleaned up at some point.
Like aTomiK already said, there's an incredible amount of information to be found there, and it would be a shame
to see it getting lost.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, they can't get rid of that stuff. It's gold. It's like all our years of contributions have been for nothing (sort of). I too hope they get cleaned up and not lost. If that happens I say we start a mutiny and make the mods walk the plank. Who's with me? Arghhhhhh!
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Bernie, are you wearing your eye-patch with skull print again ? [Big Grin] [Razz]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey, my psychiatrist said I'm getting better...but to answer your question...I guess the short answer is yes.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I hope you're not paying the man too much for your sessions.. unless you make him dress up like Jack Sparrow. [Razz]
American Ninja
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know im new here, and don't really know the ins and outs of the site. But I find it curious that nothing is being done to combat this insane spam flow, other than periodically cleaning up, only to be full of spam again the next day. And even losing precious threads full of valuable info in the process.

Also, like mentioned above, the mods or whoever is in charge are weirdly quiet, and even deleted the ideas to combat spam thread, curious.

The problem isn't gonna go away by ignoring it, or patching it up once in a while. What IS gonna go away are the members of the forum, once they get enough.

I don't mean any offense here, im just telling it like I see it.

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
As one of the remaining members, i feel like being part of The Wild Bunch :

We're stuck in an environment that isn't ours anymore, and it's just a matter of time before we become obsolete..

-

But damn, do we look cool or what ?! [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernie you sure I can't interest you in a Gucci bag,we got loads of different colors and styles to choose from,something to suit eveyone actually.

as you know bernie Gucci is the best and the best i'm afraid my friend dosen't come cheap but I'm willing to let you have it at our special introductory price of just 4000 Australian dollars ,I'll even chuck in free postage.

If you can pay me by PayPal that will be fine I'll forward you my account details.

Kind regards the Gucci sales team [Big Grin]

[ 13. June 2013, 14:33: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Well, I have chatted with several of the board members and they are still not happy with my $2 million embezzlement so....but then I thought the hell with it and I stole some money out of petty cash when the secretary went to lunch. I may have stole a few bucks out of her purse too. That plus the money from the insurance job I done on my Maserati and I should be sweet so yeah put me down for 5.

PayPal might be a problem. It sounds too legitimate. I am going to have to insist on an off-shore wire to the Canary Islands and I will filter it through Monte Carlo and The Cayman Islands. I just don't wanna get caught. The stigma of being dead is already bad enough.

Tag line: "It was Lomax versus the company and the company got defrauded. - Again."

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
I hope you're not paying the man too much for your sessions.. unless you make him dress up like Jack Sparrow. [Razz]

I make him dress up like Little Bo Peep.
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home