iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 49)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super bowl holiday. Yeah i hear that a lot. They should just change it to Saturday. Billionaires should be smart enough to figure that out but i guess they just aint as smart as some of us.
U gonna buy a mahomes jersey with yer winnings?

Glad you're back Pittsburghgirl

Posts: 2006 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch who watches over you.
Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Mahomes jersey for now. I might need to save the cash for a Jordan Love jersey though. My Rodgers jersey might have to go to to the back of the closet.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! I was wondering about that gecko. Are you ready for a new start at qb or are you wanting Rogers back.

What is that, a Monty Python line Hoff?

Posts: 2006 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No mate it's a lyric from a classic track by They Might Be Giants called Birdhouse in Your Soul.
Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what to think with Rodgers. I have no doubt he can still play but I do sometimes question if he really wants to be out there. Like does he really want to win. I think he's a good teammate in the locker room but I don't know if he goes out of his way to get to know the younger guys anymore. I do think they have a chance to be good this year if the young guys take the next step, so having the sure thing is nice. Seeing Love in action this year, for the first time, gave me hope that he might have something. He was making great throws and looked smooth. Prior to that he always seemed to panic and throw the ball up for grabs when he got pressured. So maybe he's figured something out.

Ok sorry for the deep dive on the Packers!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Jamie Lee Curtis.

Like she said in her acceptance speech : WE just won an Oscar ! [Smile]

Posts: 2184 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
It's amazing this is her first Oscar although does anyone actually pay any attention these days, I read somewhere that Americans were snubbing the Oscars because the films that won weren't always the fan favourites anyway, not sure if this is true.

I haven't seen Everything Everywhere all at once yet, I really need to to see Ke Huy Quan again, a talent that we haven't seen enough of.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

The reason these hollywierd award shows are losing so many viewers, and it is a lot, is because the politics that have been infected into the show. These elitists have offended half the country and they don't care. The majority of these offender's are hardcore democrats who if were smart they'd take a page out of Michael Jordan's book who said republicans buy shoes too.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terd, you’re right! I haven’t watched any awards shows in years. I don’t understand how they snubbed Top Gun: Maverick for anything.
Posts: 2298 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
Politics is fine when you can have a discussion without it going too far but that always seems to happen, I have opinions but I'll keep them to myself as this is not the place [Big Grin]

Top Gun Maverick goes back to what I said, the snooty brigade picked films other than the biggest film of the year, credited by Steven Spielberg as saving the Movie industry.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

I don't watch them either Pittsburghgirl. Whats the point. They rarely make an excellent movie anymore.

A friend sent me a pic of a movie theater current movie lineup at that time. It was on their huge outdoor sign that sat in front of the theater. You know the ones with the giant letters. It was 1987 and the 4 movies were
The Lost Boys
Robocop
Full Metal Jacket
Predator
The sign was at the Chatsworth Mall Valley 4 plex. I seriously doubt a lineup equal to that will ever happen in my lifetime going forward. Hollywood sux. What will they do when Tom Cruise retires. Really suck.

Ive only been to the theater 4 times in the last year or so. Halloweenend, Top Gun, Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Ticket to paradise with julia roberts.

Python was the best followed by Top Gun(Tom Cruise), Ticket to paradise and pulling up a distant 4th the awful Halloween movie. Only 1 is worth a rewatch. The one with such a low budget that they couldn't do a fight scene at the end. Lol

[ 14. March 2023, 09:30: Message edited by: TerdNthePoolGGB ]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Saw kirstie alley on a vintage episode of the gameshow MatchGame. Before she was famous, she was a contestant.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Took the kids to Super Mario Brothers the other day and they had a blast. Good nostalgia in the movie. Could have used a few more laughs maybe??? Overall fun, especially with kids. I know Jack Black is probably not everyone's cup of tea but I thought the peaches song was hilarious and had a great monster ballad vibe. Get it monster ballad.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

The strike is over. Now what, more rehashed movies, another boring super hero flick. I cant wait. Sarcasmmmmmm.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
The strike is over. Now what, more rehashed movies, another boring super hero flick. I cant wait. Sarcasmmmmmm.

Exactly! I don’t get all of these superhero movies.
Posts: 2298 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More 10-20 year old ads for nostalgic 80's movie sequels that will never see the light of day.
Posts: 1803 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

The IFC Channel has a good lineup from now till 6 pm central time Sunday. Ski patrol, ski school, real genius, trading places,UHF. So i married an axe murderer, my cousin Vinny. I believe they don't edit.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Sounds awesome!
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Sunday evening, Dutch camera operator Hoyte van Hoytema won an Oscar for his work on Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer.

It was his fourth collaboration with Nolan, and the second time he was nominated for an Academy Award (after Dunkirk in 2018).

Van Hoytema grew up in Dinteloord, which is about 14km from where i live. I consider it close enough for me to say : WE WON ! [Big Grin]

Fun fact : Van Hoytema applied twice to study at the Dutch Film Academy, and was rejected both times.. Bunch of snobs [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2184 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Dam. Another treat 80s actor ishes his pants.
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home