iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know when I was a teenager/college aged, if I called off of work from the stupid restaurant that I worked at, the stupid *** manager wanted a doctor's excuse! So I just got one from the nurse's office on campus (we didn't have a doctor on campus). I had bronchitis one time, and he chewed me out for calling off, so when I went to pick up my meds, I dropped off my excuse looking my worst. What a jerk, I guess he would rather I cough all over everyone's food, plus get all the co-workers sick, than let me have the weekend off to recuperate! I wonder where the rat is working now.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven Segal reality cop show starting in December on A&E. Seriously lmao........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] Number 27!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow the yankees won the world series and also happy ryan miller got his second shut-out of the season and we beat the islanders 3-0 !! off to the doc today for my medical release for the surgery next tuesday fun wow. hubby is still sick and has a fever so he will not be going to work at all this week i just hope the fever breaks soon it was 102 this morning he is taking aleve and robitussin dm for it but it is still feeling bad!! he told me yesterday this is the worse flu he ever had i believe it!! have a good day everyone!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am back had to go back to the wrist surgeon yesterday my soft cast was too tight and had more pain so they rewrapped it a liitle looser for me fingers still pretty swollen and i miss my pain button lol they took the pump out friday morning but i am still on antibiotics and loritab for pain when i need them. monday i get my stitches out and a hard cast put on for 8 weeks gonna get a red and green one for christmas . missed the forum but i will be checking in once a day again now, have a great day everyone!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speedy recovery on that wrist b-g ! [Smile]

The sun has actually been out here for a few days now, startin to feel a lil more like fall in Pennsylvania rather than Transylvania.

By the way, Transylvania 6-5000 is a great flick from the 80's. I need to watch that soon !

Goin back to the school fundraiser thing which is why I started this thread, we ordered 9 boxes of donuts for fam and friends a few weeks back. They gave us 7 boxes and said they lost the other 2. They did offer a refund but I just told them to keep it. In the end, we gave the boxes we got to everyone else and didnt keep any for us. Needless to say, no more fundraisers for us until my daughters class trip fundraiser at the end of the year. That was the last straw.

Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buffalogirl, nice to see you back. Speedy recovery!
And as for the school fundraisers- last week I stepped out to get my mail in the late afternoon (we don't get it until 4:30 or 5:00pm). My neighbor across the street was standing outside with one of her grandsons, and I saw her talking to her daughter-in-law and the other grandson. Then the D-I-L starts to hoof it up the street with the kid in tow, carrying a box with a handle, probably filled with those darn candy bars the kids have been selling. I don't have a problem buying them from my neighbor kids. But those grandchildren don't live in our neighborhood- they live about 20 miles away in a different school district. So why are we expected to buy stuff from them now? I went into full lockdown mode- shut off the tv, lights, etc, and I retreated to the basement here in my office for about 1/2 an hour.

Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOl @Pitts - "Red alert, we have fundraisers approaching, I repeat, fundraisers!" I have such a hard time saying no to fundraisers, particularly because I work for a couple of charities myself and I'm often the one rattling the tin or selling raffle tickets.

I've come up with a trick that seems to work for me.. coz I donate regularly to about 5 charities through direct debit from my bank account, when I'm approached by another charity I tell them I'd love to but I'd have to give away one of the other charities coz I can't afford to help another one. This way I don't have to say a flat out "no" and they don't have to do the whole spiel trying to cajole a few dollars a month out of me!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
thanks everyone glad to be back but speedy recovery no lol i have to go to the surgeon again today for the pain and swelling in my fingers still and the therapist also what he is gonna do with this big *** cast on my wrist i have no clue lol . as far as the fund raising thing already started here too bill came home with a bunch of girl scout cookies and raffle tickets last week . i too give every so often each year to the spca and lung association and we also give to the stamp out hunger every year from 97 rock they have their van and truck set up already so we are dropping off food there this weekend.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I like to donate to the food bank here. And there is also a church that is collecting stuff to send to the soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, and I will have tons of stuff for them once I get to cleaning my M-I-L's house. She had tons of unopened shampoo, soap, etc. that they need.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
spoke too soon had a 2 day set back with my fusion surgery! the therapist took off my packing thursday and i had bleeding from one of my many stitches lol he put a bandaid on it and a splint came home had alot of pain from the exercises so i took a loritab low and behold i developed a allergic reaction to it blew up like a balloon and red hives everywhere hubby ran and got benedryl then i took off my splint and another stitch was bleeding more after the exercises so i called the surgeon had to go in friday morning they cautarized the stitches that were bleeding and put me on prednisone for the allergic reaction for 6 days and a new pain pill fun wow now i go back to the therapist tomorrow and my doc is gonna determine if i should have the stitches out tomorrow or leave them in yet and if they are gonna put me in a cast or a splint for 8 weeks uggg!! i will be glad when this is all over but it will be a long healing process for sure!!
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sucks Dee....all my best to you with the recovery.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang b-g. I hope the best for you and your situation with the wrist problem. Heel up ok ?
And to all, have an awesome week as best ya's can.

Side note, hate using up so much heating oil this early. If it gets down below 65 outside, my wife makes me put the heat on. I tell her to toughen up, but it doesnt work, although its like 67 degrees inside.

Oh well, have a good week everyone ! I wish it were the 80's and was goin to see the lost boys in the theatres. Part 1 of course [Smile]

Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Here's something random.

The Cleveland Show is total garbage.

that is all.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cleveland Show is starting on TV here on Wednesday night. I kind had the feeling it would be crap... thanks for confirming Devo!!!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
thanks johnny76 i had a better day at the doc today went to therapy first did more exercises for my wrist then had heat and ice put on swelling is better now thanks partly to the prednisone too. had x rays and got to see the metal bar and screws in my wrist very long and wierd lol. took my stitches out and have a hard splint no cast for once yeah!! pain is better too and i have to do my exercises 4-5 times a day at home now go back to see the doc again dec. 21st. so i am doing much better now!! i wish it were 65 here johnny76 only 55 but sunny our heat is on 60 inside but we are gonna get colder here thursday and friday and snow!! and i agree i watched the cleveland show again last night and it is still sad!!! i dont think it will last long at all!
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
I spent last Saturday in hospital! I had been sick for a few days before and kept getting worse. When I woke up on Saturday morning, I had a panic attack which in my case is hyperventilating, so I took myself off to the A&E dept, and they found my potassium levels were dangerously low!

I'm find now, but I have to take potassium tablets for a while, and use "No Salt", which is made from potassium rather than sodium.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wow Stitch....scary stuff there. Get well soon
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Hope all is well stitch ! Gotta rest up for turkey day ! [Smile]
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
Thanks guys, feeling great now!

Johnny, turkey day isn't until Dec 25... we don't have Thanksgiving here in Oz - we just have 4 or 5 weeks of xmas parties every weekend where we get hammered and bbq sausages into charcoal! Good times....

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
hey stitch glad you are better now? freaky stuff for sure!!! i like your thanksgiving better too lol although i have to admit i won't be partying much for a while yet? happy thanksgiving everyone!!!
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
Thanks guys, feeling great now!

Johnny, turkey day isn't until Dec 25... we don't have Thanksgiving here in Oz - we just have 4 or 5 weeks of xmas parties every weekend where we get hammered and bbq sausages into charcoal! Good times....

I like the sounds of that Stitch ! Oz here I come ! [Big Grin]
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
okay sick of my wrist hurting now and the exercises and the hard splint i have to wear lol i guess i will have to just put up with it until i go back to the surgeon on dec. 21st. gonna go to our buddies house for a while to watch the sabres game hopefully they will win tonight too!! have a great weekend everyone!!
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
the bills are gonna be playing on national t.v. tonight i hope they can win again? as for my wrist it is still hurting alot but i think partly it is because of the weather too it has been raining since 5;00 last night and suppose to rain all day then turn cold tonight and snow all weekend i think winter is here to stay now we had warm temps. up until now so we can't complain ?
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Hey b-g, you better get that wrist all healed up for opening those presents in a few weeks. [Smile]

As far as the weather goes, I thought the roof was goona blow off in the night. The wind was insane !

Everybody got their Christmas shopping done ? [Wink] Just P.M. me if anybodys wondering what I want !!! [Smile]

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home