iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya its actually a beautiful day here. Good day for a hike or a walk in the woods. Theres a lake I wanna go for walk around, I think its called Crystal Lake. Supposedly it was an old camp that was shut down a few years back due to some unfortunate events. Anybody wanna go ? [Big Grin]
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pretty funny johnny76 !! it is cold here right now in buffalo only 38 but suppose to be sunny and 55 today ! yeah i get my cast off friday get a break at least until november 10th when i have the wrist fusion surgery! i will have to get all my stuff done in the house before that of course cause then the cast will be on again for another 6-8 weeks fun wow!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
* Pitts...I can't seem to win at poker either. Me and some buddies get together a few times a year, each willing to lose about $40...usually end up breaking even. Mostly about the company anyway...a few drinks and some good food...always a great time.

* We've been having a few nice sunny days in Nova Scotia, but the rain has been horrible and consistent...making me cranky! I used to love the rain...a good excuse to be lazy and watch movies...now I always worry about my basement taking in water...which only happened once a few years ago, and it was fixed...but still...worry about that.

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kevdug, I guess I shouldn't complain too much- the host of poker night makes something to eat and then everyone else brings either an appetizer or a dessert or something like that. Plus the host supplies the beer and soda, etc. When we have it at our house, I make meatballs in the crock pot, and I set out buns and mozzerella cheese to make meatball sandwiches. I also made some BBQ pulled pork too, and they made sandwiches with that too.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ This post made me hungry. [Smile]
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to say I am SO FLIPPIN DISAPPOINTED with the Chicago Bears. [Frown] Is it really necessary to lose two (or is it three?) games in a row????
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yesterday was gorgeous here 60 and sunny today the same but rain tonight and tomorrow so i am gonna enjoy today! we are gonna barbecue tonight too maybe one of the last days to do it here lol barbecued chicken and baked potatoes and veggies and of course applesauce! have a great day everyone!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Petty- ya that sucks, not being sarcastic but I think the Bears left with the eighties.

On top of that, there has been lotsa food talk on this thread as of recent and it has been making me very hungry. I think as the thread starter, samples should be sent to my house. Next day air of course. [Smile]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
johnny- myfriend just emailed me the recipe for her smoked salmon dip that she served at poker on Sat. It was yummmy!
Today I picked up my ring which Ihad re-sized. Actually, it was my husband's sister's ring which was a gift from their parents for her sweet 16. She died when she was only 20 from cystic fibrosis. So after my M-I-L died two months ago, my hubby dug it up and said he wanted me to have it. It is beautiful. Don't know if anyone remembers them- they were popular in the 1970's- it is a pink star sapphire set in a beautiful yellow gold setting. I've never seen anything like it. It's a good thing I like pink. And it is cool- you can see the "star" in the middle of the stone in the light. It's just nice to know that I have it and it has sentimental value to me and my hubby.

Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yesterday i was turning the A/C on in my car because it was so warm outside. i woke up this morning and it was cold! the high today here is 64 degrees i think. that is cold for us hahaha. what can i say, i live in the desert.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It rained all day here yesterday and its gonna rain all day here today. AND its supposedly gonna rain Halloween so we're all really "looking foward" to that!

My daughter is having a Boy -Girl Party here from 12pm-2 pm, then Im taking everyone trick-or-treating and then when thats over the boys are going home and the girls are sleeping over and watching horror movies.

Well, that was The Plan at least. Now if 2 PM ends up being when it rains what the Hell do I do???? I guess I put a movie on and hope the rains passes

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
mamamia - you could put them all in rain slickers and they could all go as the guy from "I know what you did last summer". [Smile]

Its rainin and miserable here and my daughter is sick, she has a 102 fever right now so im nervous. Called the Dr's and they said to let it run its course. If the fever doesnt break in 3 or 4 days call back they said. Gunna be a bad couple days, especially with all this flu business goin around.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
johnny i am sorry to hear about your daughter. i hope she gets well soon.
i hate to see kids sick. being that i have a 6 month old, i pretty much stay indoors unless i have to go out...thanks to the flu business. i am so paranoid about my son getting sick. and my daughter was sick a couple of weeks ago. and i definitely have to make sure i don't catch anything. good grief.

mamamia, i don't know how old your daughter and her friends are, but is there an indoor halloween place you can take them to? i know a couple of rec places here that are doing indoor halloween celebrations with games, booths, and of course they give out candies from every booth and game area. the malls give out candy too.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
johnny76,

I hope your daughter is feeling better too. The flu is an awful thing this year...

Sounds like it's raining EVERYWHERE!!! Of course it's raining here in Kansas City again...

All of this food talk is making me hungry. I had this awesome chili dish. It's really very mild and very good....

Here is a great recipe for "Calico Chili"

CROCK POT 3 BEAN BAKED BEANS
1 lb. ground beef
3/4 lb. bacon (cut in sm. pieces)
1 c. chopped onion
2 (1 lb. 5 oz.) cans Pork and Beans
1 (1 lb.) can kidney beans, drained
1 (1 lb.) can butter beans, drained or lima beans
1/2 c. catsup
1/4 c. brown sugar
3 tbsp. white vinegar
add a couple tablespoons of mustard
1 tsp. salt
Dash pepper
Brown ground beef in skillet; drain off fat. Put beef in crock pot. Brown bacon and onions; drain off fat. Add bacon, onions, and all remaining ingredients to crock pot. Stir together well
Cover and cook on low 4-9 hours. If using the 2-quart crock pot, reduce this recipe by half.

Yum!

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Thanks for the well wishes for my daughter guys ! Her fever keeps bouncin from 100-103.5 and now she has a freakin sore throat and a bad cough. We have an appt tomorrow to see if its H1N1 or what so im a bit nervous. Ill let yas know how it goes.

Thanks for postin the recipe, like I said a couple posts up. This thread is makin me hungry with all the food talk. Which is a good thing [Smile]

Still miserable weather here, I feel like I live in a dark rainy gotham city. Its gettin old.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
hi johnny76 i hope your daughter gets better soon ? i know what you mean about the weather it has been raiing alot here lately too warmer temps. for buffalo this time of year but it is suppose to rain all weekend and be very windy again saturday which i hope they are wrong about for the trick or treaters at least?
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Halloween!!!

AND....Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

oh geez, i hope the yankees LOSE.
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Dr said my 5 yr old has HIN1 flu. He said she is healthy so there is nothing to worry about. No treatments or nothin, its just gotta run its course. Easy for him to say. And he did mention that the media is blowin this way outta proportion which I think most of us knew anyway.

Wow, I just realized that sum years back, id be out eggin cars tonight. Miss them days. [Smile]

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
hi johnny76 so glad your daughter is gonna be okay! and yes they have been blowing this flu out of proportion for a while now i have never gotten a flu shot and never will i am just staying away from people that are sick right now because i am having surgery nov. 10th. it is pouring here and windy today i hope it clears up for the kids later though Happy halloween everyone!! [Karate Kid] [Cool] [Wink]
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Thanks b-g ! Miserable, rainy and windy as heck here. Its becoming a common thing. I just feel bad for the little ones whos trick or treatin will be spoiled tonight.

Happy Halloween all !!! Great day to be listening to helloween. [Cool]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Too bad they didn't have trick or treat on Friday here. It was sunny and warm- high of 73! It was so hot in the mall I went to. The weather was cold and damp on Sat. but at least it quit raining in time for the trick or treaters. We actually got a good no. this year- I'd say 30-35. But I still have leftover candy [Frown] I dont' know what do to with it all.
Buffalogirl- stay inside and at home until your surgery! I usually get a cold in Oct. then I'm good until January or February. I always manage to catch a nasty virus just from going out shopping for groceries. Why don't people just stay home when they are sick instead of infecting half the population with their illness?
Johnny76, I hope your daughter is doing well. I'm sure you're taking good care of her.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
hi pittsburghgirl too late lol bill has been sick since saturday with the flu he has a fever of 101.5 and aches and chills and a brutal headache the dope went to his mom's last thursday to see her and everyone was sick there duh? i could just choke him the doc said it isn't the h1n1 flu just the regular one no matter i can't get any of them right now? i have been staying away from him but sooner or later i am sure i will get it i just hope it is after next tuesday? going for my medical release exam tomorrow afternoon then nowhere until tuesday morning lol how is your daughter doing johnny76? i hope she is better now/
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Thanks for askin guys, shes about 95% better now, just some coughing spells for the most part. Some of the schools around here have half their students out cuzza this s**t.

I came to find out from the principal of her school that a certain kids parents sent their kid to school with H1N1 because they had nobody to watch the kid during the day. I was angry to say the least !!!

Is it summer yet ?????

[Mad]

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
that's great johnny76 glad she is better? bill doesn't get sick much but this flu he is is brutal his legs are killing him and head is pounding he is also freezing what is wrong with these parents? it is on the news everyday if you are sick stay home!! bill has not been to work yet this week and won't go until his fever breaks some people just don't think do they??
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home