iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 26)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So true [Cool]
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suarez..doh!
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...did you just see that!
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
Drogba is immense...when he stays on his feet.

Most players are big divers...it's one of my pet hates within the game.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I agree. Some(most?)players have no shame.

Well done Chelsea.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Perhaps most is an over statement but it is so much more prevalent these days than it used to be.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
movies of the past have the best futuristic stuff. contemporary futuristic stuff lacks great design, maybe due to the lack of imagination
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
How good was the Man City / QPR game?
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Man, I am so honest when I say that I pretty much never drink anymore, but I am so wasted right now.

Thought I would send out my drunken love to all you rewinders.

All stuff aside, I think this is the best site on the net. My only grievance is that I didn't come up with this site.

Thanks Nick. BTW where are you? You don't seem to make an appearance anymore.

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
How good was the Man City / QPR game?

Just a shame we couldn't hold on. However, QPR surviving and Man Utd not winning the title was really a win win for me, even though we lost the game.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh Paul, I didn't realise you were a QPR supporter.

Dude if I had known you were into the Premier League we would have been talking long ago.

Although I have grown up in Australia and my parents are Australian I was actually born in Hammersmith so since a kid I have always gone for Chelsea although there were probably other West London teams I could have chosen from but I guess I made my choice and I stuck by it.

The only reason why I was so happy to see Man City win was because I have been so sick of Man Utd winning all these years.

They definitely made too much of the whole Barton/Tevez/Aguero/Kompany situation. While Barton did maybe give a slight shoulder nudge to Tevez I hardly think it was not merrited Tevez grabbing his face and going down, and I hardly think that what Barton did could be considered as a head but towards Kompany plus what Kompany did to Barton was harsher also. Perhaps the knee nudge Barton gave to Aguero was a bit harsh but i think they made a lot more out of the incident than it actually was.

All in all I was glad that Man City rather than Man U won and I was glad to see teams such as QPR and Wigan avoid relegation [Smile]

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barton deserved the red card for his actions / rections, but Tevez should have gone for the kick and the punch to the head that he gave Barton and which triggered the whole thing.

The annoying thing about all this is that nobody has mentioned how well we were playing - we came within a few minutes of beating them.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I agree man. sorry I did not mention it but towards the end before Dzeko scored I thought the game was over and thought that QPR were going to have "a most ripping victory": It was so dramatic that Man City came back but it was almost a "Cinderella Story" for QPR to hold them off. They really did do a fantastic job.

Trust me as much as I go for Chelsea I will always go for QPR too. they are the peoples team of Hammersmith and Fulham. If I was a bit older and wiser when I chose who originally to support I most likely would have chose QPR. I am very glad they are still in the Premier League and wish them well fro seasons to come.

Interesting side note: I went back to London in 2010 the first time since 1983 when I was about 2. I asked some guys at a bus stop for directions to Hammersmith. They assumed I was from Australia and told me to **** off. I then told them I was originally from Hammersmith and there whole attitude changed and told me exactly how to get there. as much as I might have been offended I relished the whole situation.

I was insanely glad to finally see the Hammermisth Apollo/Hammersith Odeon/Hammersmith Apollo.

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Given that they thought you were Autralian, they probably assumed you were looking for some bar work.... [Smile]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Typical Poms!

"Five minutes to go to the most important party of my life and half the house is wrecked by a gigantic sandwich" (The Young Ones).

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what exactly is a yuppie?

would the characters on the show friends be considered yuppies?

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
They would just be considered as pretentious ******s with no talent.

Anyone watching the Euro Championship?

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only missed one game so far. Interesting to see which team wins the cup.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

I've caught at least some of each game live, and watched the highlights of all games.

The first round of games were good but didn't really show us much. The form teams are beginning to show now (Spain and Germany especially) and some others have disappointed (The Irish were always going to struggle, but Holland have been poor).

Hoping that England can defy history tonight and beat Sweden in a competitive match for the first time in nearly 50 years, and if we do, we should be on course for a quarter final spot, having Ukraine in the last game next week.

Final will most likely be between Spain, Germany, with possibly Russia an outside bet.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
El Nino is back in form for Spain which is good to see. I have a soft spot for Torres cos I go for Chelsea.

I will be watching the England game for sure. Hmmm born in England and my family is Swedish. Who do I go for?

Holland never win anything unfortunately. Well apart from Euro '88 but besides that they always manage to screw things up. England always screws things too which really sucks. I was almost throwing stuff at the TV when England played Germany in the world cup.

aTomiK, who are you going for? I guess since Finland isn't in it you would be going for your Scandi neighbours - Sweden / Denmark?

Paul, let's hope we have an upset. I really don't want to see a Spain Germany final but it probably will shape up something like that. I do think that Germany has more chance of making the final than Spain though.

Yep. Ireland got pumped. They tried hard but I could have predicted that result any day of the week.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Denmark yes but i just can´t go for Sweden. We have this love/hate relationship with them (mostly hate [Wink] )

So, i hope that England wins the battle tonight.

I wish that Germany, Italy or Spain won´t win the tournament.
they´ve had their share already [Smile]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hah, I thought there might be some animosity between the neighbouring countries.

I am going for England too. It is my birthplace. I have to. My family has been in Australia for countless generations anyway so I think I may have almost lost my Swedish bloodline.

I agree. They definitely had their fair share. I can't stand Italy but having Balotelli playing makes for interesting watching. You just never know when he is going to do something magnificent or tragic.

When Italy got booted out of the world cup I stood up in front of my TV yelling at it saying get the **** off the pitch [Big Grin]

It would definitely be good to have a surprise package for the final.

I am hoping for an England final but I can't get my hopes up.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I can't believe I am probably not going to be able to watch the games due to whether. Damn Ukraine/France game has already been suspended. England/Sweden probably get canned too.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
England 3 Sweden 2 - Oh Yeah
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Good game. We let a couple of soft goals in, but all in all we played well, did a great job in closing down the opposition, and when Walcott came on, he completely changed the game.

On to Game 3 now, and a draw would see us through, although we could do with winning the group so that we avoid Spain in the Quarter-finals. A game against Italy or Croatia would be an easier route to the semi final.

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home