iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More random-ness...five more school days till Christmas break!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can ya tell I'm excited???? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by johnny76:
So I tell my wife to bring home a tree no more than 6 feet high. She brings home one nearly 7.7 feet tall. Had to cut the 3 bottom rows of branches off plus 6 inches of the stump and nearly a foot off the top. The thing weighs a ton and bent the tree stand like a pretzel. My living room now looks like "Sherwood forest". Im waiting for to be attacked by a family of squirrels. [Big Grin]

As long as they aren't like Slappy the Squirrel with her handbag, johnny76, then you should be all right! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No squirrel attacks yet so im good ! [Smile]

Company Christmas party tonight, I had the riot act read to me by my wife about the amount of alcoholic beverages I partake in. Its not fair I tell ya !!!

Im hoping this snow storm hittin the east coast holds off for the ride home,"not that ill be driving anyway". Anyone gettin hit with this storm yet ?

Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've got 5 inches of snow so far. I'm loving it, but then I don't have to be anywhere today. I pity the people working in the malls- I'm sure it's slow there today. I'm going to go out and take some pictures later. Lovin' the snow! And the Christmas lights will look so nice tonight too!
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey johnny76 hope you had a good time at the party last night! we are not getting hit by the storm here but pretty cold and windy out only 25 we are suppose to get lake effect snow this week though! off to our buddie's house to watch the sabres game and the football game good thing she has 2 t.v.'s at the bar lol have a good night all!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the snow held off til about mid-party and we live about a half hour away from where the party was at. Had a decent time ! Put the Jeep in 4wd and cruised home slowly.

My inlaws suck and gave us grief for pickin up our daughter 20 minutes late. They wreck the holidays for me !!!

Hope everyone is havin a good night !!! Stay safe Pitts and b-g and everyone !!! [Smile]

Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey johnny76 sorry your in-laws gave you grief i agree some of mine are a pain too lol!! glad you made it home safely though! yes stay safe everyone with the storms i heard it is moving north today? we have sun and 29 here but we could get alot of lake effect snow especially christmas eve and christmas day!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good game last night buffalogirl! Did you know that the Penguins and Sabres have the most tied games played against each other in the NHL? I think it is 41.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
I know I wrote this on the other thread but R.I.P. Brittany Murphy. Sad night [Frown]
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
it was a good game pittsburghgirl!! i did know that but thank you ! i am so upset today i was suppsoe to see my wrist surgeon this morning at 9;10 they called me at quarter to 9 and told me my doctor had to leave for the day and they will call me back to reschedule in a day or two? hello this was my post-op appt. and still have alot of swelling and pain !! he is giving me a complex the last 2 times i was suppose to see him i saw his p.a. karen cause he had to leave wth?? only one good thing is i had not left to go see him yet i guess?
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

b.g. No more runaround for you from that doctor. Next time they call and try to re-schedule or have you see the P.A., demand to see the Doctor immediately! You were probably one of his last morning appts. and decided to blow you off.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our electricity is back on!!! We had been without since Friday night. There are still some people in our county who are still without.

We had about a foot of snow...our county board of education didn't see any reason to call off school early on Friday (even though they knew the snow was coming) and we had several buses get stuck at one of our high schools, our third grade teacher wrecked her car...I'd just like, for once, our county school board to take weather warnings seriously. This is not the first time this has happened!!!

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I ams till waiting to hear back from the Dr.'s office- I had an endoscopy done last Thurs. and they are supposed to call me late this afternoon. My stomach is in knots just waiting.

petty- I remember getting storms like that in my hometown when I was a kid. They rarely if ever called off school completely. Once, we had to go to school the day after a blizzard and we had gotten 14 inches of snow. Our school bus wrecked, but luckily no one was hurt. So the bus driver had one of the kids go to a house to call the school. They sent another bus and we had to go to school for the day- we were so disappointed! I remember that kid tromping through the yards, and the snow was about 2 feet high- he was soaked up to his thighs! Around where I live now, if they get 1/2 inch of snow, they call off school. What a bunch of wimps.

aceofspades70
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6247

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for aceofspades70   Author's Homepage   Email aceofspades70       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well let's see here...

hey ya'll! I haven't been here in a long time and most of you don't even know me. I'm Lee.

Hello to those of you who might remember me by some vague chance, and Happy Holidays to all.

I have been busy. Yep, so busy in fact that I have made my own movie. www.guntownthemovie.com

Now while I'd love to pimp my movie out to all of you...I won't. lol

So, how has everyone been? Good? Bad? Both?

Holler back and let me know. I'm taking a holiday break-o-matic time out. Next year, it's time for the next project.

Good to be here!

Posts: 90 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Petty- Glad the electro is back on for you guys. Seems most districts have been getting more and more lax on closing during bad weather. Which is why everytime theres bad weather and school, were always seeing more accidents. They need to realize that not just students but all staff aswell is at risk in these storms.

B-G - Hows that wrist ? gunna be able to unwrap presents i hope ?

Pitts- Hope all goes well with you and the doc !

Ace- ill be sure to check your movie out later. Good seeing ya.

Well, Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all you guys no matter what you celebrate or even if you dont. Enjoy the days off at the very least !

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
hey pittsburghgirl hope all goes well with your test please let us know i will say a prayer for you, we had two scary weeks here bill woke up last wednesday with double vision spent 10 hours in the emergency room and since then all the tests he could possible have! found out tuesday he has a brain anoryism on the left side of his brain which is effecting his right eye and giving him severe headaches!the good news is that it is not ruptured and not too big so the nuerologist can take it out thru his leg (angiogram) he goes back to see him jan. 6th to schedule the surgery just glad it is not worse but in the meantime he will have to put up with the eye problem and headaches until then? hey pitts. i did find out when i went to the wrist doctor that he had the flu first time in 8 years he called in sick but i did see karen and i was put on antibiotics for a infection in my wrist which is one of the complications from the fusion surgery and have to have bloodwork done but i am sure i will be fine. hey johnny my right hand still works pretty good lol merry christmas everyone!!!
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
found out tuesday he has a brain anoryism on the left side of his brain

That is terrible Dee! All my best to you and your husband!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
thank you 80'srocked!! i cannot wait until they take care of this for bill he is suffering with migraines every day and seeing well out of his right eye i am hoping when we go back to the surgeon next monday that they schedule it for next week hopefully? in the meantime i am making sure he does not do much of anything unfortunately he had to snowblow last night it was brutal here could not see anything blowing snow and bitterly cold same for today the temperature right now is 6 degrees don't even want to know the wind chill take care everyone!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Buffalo-girl- how much snow did you guys get in the past week? I saw on our news here in Pittsburgh today that last night the Penguins could not fly into Buffalo. They flew into Niagra Falls, and were brought in by bus. One of the buses got stuck on an icy road in Buffalo, so the coaches and staff pushed the bus to get it moving!
I will say a prayer for your Bill. He should pull through just fine! Take care of yourself too- good to see you got some antibiotics to take care of that infection.
And btw, I don't have an ulcer or anything like that. The Dr. said he didn't see anything. I don't know what is causing my problems with my stomach. It all started when my Mother-in-law was in the hospital this past summer, then she passed away- I was really stressed out then. I can say the Prilosec helps alot- I just really miss my hot and spicy foods,and tomato soup, stuff like that.

pettyfan
Member # 2260

I hope ya get to feelin better, Pitt. BG, I'll say a prayer for your hubby. Hope he's okay!!
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
hey pittsburghgirl we had about 8-9 inches of snow by my house that day some areas had more of course but it was brutal white-outs and slick roads also thank you for the prayers everyone i really appreaciate it as far as your stomach problem i had testing done and a colonoscopy where they found out about the irritable bowel syndrome which is partly to blame by stress also so i take a pill every morning before i eat but still watch what i eat otherwise i suffer with stomach pain etc. hope you feel better soon too
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
okay for anyone that has little kids the comedy network channel has a cartoon marathon today with all the old cartoons of bugs bunny, yosemite sam, daffy duck etc. love these old cartoons the new ones have nothing on these oldies but goodies we are also watching the twilight zone marathon on syfy good stuff on new year's day Happy New Year everyone!!!
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
buffalo-girl what do you mean little kids? I love old cartoons, so count me in. I'm always on the lookout for Scooby Doo or Hong Kong Phooey marathons..

Happy New Year Everyone!

I mainly hang out in the 80's movie and music sections of The Rewind, but try to keep up with your postings when I get a chance.

Let's make 2010 fun

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
that's great valley i love those old cartoons it was great to watch them again the new cartoons **** i especially loved watching daffy duck and the martian ones yesterday and my all time favorite with the big dog and the little kitty on his back too cute lol
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
by the way it is a whole 10 degrees here today it was 6 when i got up this morning at 7;30 brrrr i do hate winter we have a winter advisory up until tomorrow again with slippery roads and blowing snow winds are gonna be 40 mph sunday i am staying home where it is nice and warm lol have a great night everyone!!
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home