iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bill went back to work today first day since his surgery he had to get cleared from his nuerosurgeon his eye doctor and his primary doctor! doing well still has headaches but the doc said that will take a while for them to go away totally he has to go back for a angiogram in 3 months so the doc can check out the stint and coil and make sure all is well in there. i go back to the wrist doctor wednesday for my right wrist now dropping things with both hands now and alot of pain in the right wrist i broke when i fell pretty sad when you drop things with both hands argggg!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my thought of the day...you wanted kids...don't b!tch cause they're home with you on a snow day!!!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one, petty. I get tired of hearing people complaining about their kids.
Posts: 2298 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never heard so many people complaining, as what they have these last few months, with all the snow days. One lady went as far as to say the kids needed to go back so the PARENTS could get a break! Damn...don't have them then!!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree pettyfan here we haven't had hardly any snow days this year but the kids just had a week off again for winter break? we don't have kids but it does seem like they get alot of days off but your right if you don't want your kids home with you why did you have them? lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i wanted to post this in the computer question on here but couldn't find it again? which browser do you think is better? google chrome or mozilla firefox? just curious which everyone likes i have firefox but thinking of going to google chrome? on another note lousy weekend here cold and windy and rain and wet snow only 35 today brrrr!!
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dee, I'm still a Bill Gatesian, I love my Internet Explorer!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dee - whatever you go for, make sure you always keep a copy of Internet Explorer. It's the one browser that every web designer tests their site for - there's always the risk that sites won't work, or won't display properly, with other browsers.

One slight annoyance I'm currently having is that there's no release of Adobe Flash Player for 64-bit IE8. Good job that Windows 7 ships with both 32- and 64-bit versions installed, otherwise YouTube wouldn't work....... Come on, Adobe! Pull your finger out!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
thank you for the advice paul an stitch actually i do have IE 8 on here now but i also have heard people complain alot about IE? i do like my firefox browser but heard that google chrome is faster? may just stay with what i have until i get my new laptop? have a great day everyone sunny and 40 today here wow a heat wave lol!!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You're insane.

quote:
i also have heard people complain alot about IE?
A big buggy slug. Jabba the Hutt. Always behind other browsers in terms of development. I use Firefox and it does (mostly) fine for me. But as Paul says it is worth keeping IE around, just in case you want to crash your browser or something.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
Posts: 2298 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have IE, (was told to keep it on my comp, like paul said), ...i do not use mozilla firefox. horrible. i use google chrome and opera for my phone. [Wink]

happy st. patty's day PG and to everyone else. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i think i will try google chrome just curious though can you still have your bookmarks on there? i would hate to lose them? hope everyone had a great st. patty's day yesterday we didn't do anything bill had to work today and neither of us like corn beef and cabbage not together anyways gonna be warmer here today sunny and 53 getting there!! i can't wait until it gets in the 60's at least!!
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're insane.

I resemble that remark. I am tempted to try Google Chrome just to see what it's like. I've used Firefox a few times, hate Safari (I despise anything Mac, much to the consternation of my partner). I guess I'm just so used to IE, I know exactly where everything is, it's not slow for me on my computers.

I remember back in the day, the very first browser I ever used was Netscape. I'll never forget the icon of the swirling N around the globe as it waited to load, and waited and waited and waited...

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I resemble that remark
I haven't heard that in yeeeeeears!!! Nice!

quote:
I am tempted to try Google Chrome just to see what it's like.
I have friend who swears by it, but I've heard they 'watch' what people are doing on it a bit too much.

quote:
I remember back in the day, the very first browser I ever used was Netscape. I'll never forget the icon of the swirling N around the globe as it waited to load, and waited and waited and waited...
Ah... the good old days! 5 minutes to load a single jpg image!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Wow, that seems like eons ago that I used Netscape!
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
wow i remember using netscape once didn't like it at all lol. now i am starting to wonder about the google chrome if they watch you? that is just too wierd for me what is the point of it?
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
The point would be that it's a good browser and better than IE. What they do is gather data on peoples browsing habits, but then Google always does that, so if you haven't got anything to hide it doesn't really make much difference. Some people don't like the idea.

I use Firefox, and although there are some problems that crop up from time to time I still like it enough to stick with it.

johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey rewinders, havent been here in awhile. Hope everybodys doin well ! Im glad i made this thread many months ago, I truly beleive we can solve most of the worlds problems here ! [Smile] Well maybe a couple of them.

Other than that, beautiful day here in Pa. and it looks like a warm sunny weekend to come. Time to break out the spandex and rock the mullets !!!

Anyone else have a Corey movie marathon since the loss of an 80's great ?

Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh ya, i finally started a facebook. Im not addicted to it like some friends of mine are. I think some of the stuff people say like "im going to bed now" is really dumb, its like who cares. I guess its good for re-connectin though, but i have found that after re-connecting, i realize i never really wanted to re-connect. Anyone else feel like that ? And do you all have one ?
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Yes, I have one and I'm addicted. There's a Rewind page over there, Johnny. You should check it out.
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Thanks petty, just joined the group !
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I'm on FB too. I have reconnected with some people from High School and college. And then there are the friend requests that I get from people that I despise. I don't understand people's obsessions with "collecting" friends on Fb. If you are not someone I know and like, I am not going to be your "friend"! Or if you are someone who bullied me in H.S., or wouldn't have given me the time of day, why do you want to be my friend now?
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
hey johnny76 i am on facebook every day myself once a day but probably a good hour or two i don't do alot of chit chatting on it though mostly play mafia wars and egg games i do talk with people from the fixx forum there too. on another note i went back to the wrist surgeon yesterday which was a waste of time wrist and hand are still very painful and still not working well the doc doesn't think it will get better seeing as i had the surgery in november? he also stated there was nothing else he could do for the left wrist i basically have to suffer and not do much with it because it is painful and i drop everything i touch lol now i am waiting for a emg on the right wrist as i am having alot of pain and dropping things with it doc says i have carpal tunnel and arthritis starting in the right hand now but i already told him no more surgeries i will just wear a brace on it the rest of my life as all the surgery i had didn't do a thing anyways why bother. off to a wedding tonight hubby's neice christina have a good night everyone!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Or if you are someone who bullied me in H.S., or wouldn't have given me the time of day, why do you want to be my friend now?
Money. They can see you're flush with cash and they want a slice of the pie.

quote:
i do talk with people from the fixx forum there too
I never thought I'd see the day. Do you know the Fixx never had any hits in the UK?

quote:
doc says i have carpal tunnel and arthritis starting in the right hand now but i already told him no more surgeries i will just wear a brace on it the rest of my life as all the surgery i had didn't do a thing anyways why bother.
Stay strong BG. Have you thought about dictation software to make using the net easier?
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home