iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 37)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed American Ninja. This is a creepy 80's ghost town. Until things get fixed, nobody will come back. I don't want this site to go away. Too much good stuff on here!

Shut the bad boy down for a few months and then reboot it up. We can then send out emails and get people back involved. Grass roots!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Cohen and Tate blu ray I'll definitely be picking up at some point johnny and the sci- fi movie marathon is worth picking up for eliminators alone,a lot of fun,never seen the other 3 movies featured on it.

Well, i've just checked them out.. and there's good news and there's bad news..

Let's start with the Sci-Fi Movie Marathon : All 4 movies are interlaced, not progressively scanned.
America 3000, The Arena, and Eliminators are all fullframe, and look pretty much the same as they always did, i guess.
Quality-wise, this is definitely a step (or two) down compared to the Action-Packed Movie Marathon.
The one movie that elevates this set above 'mediocre' is The Time Guardian, which is presented in 2.35 widescreen
and looks quite attractive. There are no trailers, no commentary tracks, and no scene selections.
I don't mind the 4x3 framing (which may very well be their intented aspect ratios anyhow), but these transfers
are just not up to Shout Factory's usual standards, so i can't help feeling a bit dissapointed with this set.

Cohen And Tate : Now here's what i call an excellent release, and prime example of how it should be done !
Very, very interesting extra's, including a director's commentary, an excellent retrospective featurette,
20 minutes of deleted and alternate footage (including the uncut shootings) in nice quality, and the trailer.

In the same package, i also got Shout Factory's Lifeforce combopack, Motel Hell combopack from Arrow UK,
Over The Top on blu-ray, and Wonder Women (1973) which has been given the special edition treatment.
It's a fun exploitation movie shot on the Philippines, starring Nancy Kwan, Roberta Collins, Ross Hagen, Sid Haig and Vic Diaz.

Posts: 2186 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got to get my hands on the Cohen and Tate blu release,pity about the quality of the transfers on the Sci Fi movie marathon,if you get chance to check out the motel hell release johnny let us know if you can what the transfer quality is like,I already own it on DVD on a midnight classics mgm release where it's paired up with deranged(1974) and if it's of decent quality would be interested in upgrading to the arrow blu ray.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We´ve been celebrating the Midsummer holidays here in Finland,
weather´s been nice and everything was having a good time.

And the best part of all this is the fact that the summer vacation is only one week away [Cool]

I can see that nothing´s changed here,
the site is very slow, spam is all over the first two sections
and still not a single word from the moderators.
Oh well...

Posts: 7057 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No excuse not to answer my question Atomik [Razz]

http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/17/8.html#000018

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Ok I this is a test to see if anyone will respond. Sorry in advance for the language, just want to see if anyone is still looking at this site.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the reminder, Helen [Smile]
I´ve been watching V tv-series lately but i´ll try to watch The Exorcist III tonight.
Don´t know how i forgot it in the first place...

Posts: 7057 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Does anyone who's still around have one of the main guy's email or facebook or anything like that? That might be a great way to reach out to them.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

hey guys i think i've found our culprit!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last weekend, the site seemed to be back to an acceptable speed. I had no problems logging in..

unfortunately, now it's back to a frustating, sluggish pace once again.
Everything takes minutes to load.. so annoying !

Anyone else having the same problems ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anway, what i wanted to say.. I accidentally found out the Timerider (1982) blu-ray released by Shout Factory last march
plays fine in region B locked players, which is remarkable because pretty much every other Shout Factory blu-ray
is region A locked.

So don't let yourself be fooled by the region A logo on the sleeve of this excellent release of a great 80's classic.

Timerider ; The Adventure Of Lyle Swann comes highly recommended !

Posts: 2186 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, takes 3 years to click into a thread
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Most of the time lately when I've come on here to post something that by the time the actual thread loads I've forgotten what I was going to say [Big Grin]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Johnny as Kurt russell says in tango & cash ' i think this whole thing f#####g sucks'!

It's just crazy no one from the rewind has come out and said anything [Confused]

[ 11. July 2013, 06:20: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
[Frown]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey dudes, i still visit the site almost everyday but the spam just keeps on coming.

Just watched Ghoulies 1-3.
1 & 2 were pretty lame but Ghoulies III: Ghoulies Go to College rocked!

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
I still visit too, in hopes someone will speak up from the rewind team. COME ON, I know you are out there!!!!
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also check in a lot but haven't been posting that much. Maybe we should grab our fav topics and cut and paste it to here. It wouldn't show who originated the topic but it wouldn't be drowned out by the spam.
Any thoughts on this idea.

Posts: 2007 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
You mentioning watching the ghoulies movies atomik I watched troll for the first time ever a couple of weeks back and really enjoyed it,my son who is 6 watched it over and over,he loved it.

Latest movies I've watched over the last 3/4 weeks
Or so

White men can't jump - blu ray
Parenthood - blu ray
China moon - DVD
The good son - DVD
Ill manors - blu ray
Off beat - DVD
The last stand - blu ray
Troll - dvd
That's my boy - blu ray
Before sunrise - DVD
Bullet - DVD
Route 666 - DVD

Also watched from my own collection

Benny & joon - DVD
The breakfast club - blu ray
Passenger 57 - vhs
Untamed heart - DVD
The running man - blu ray

Fingers crossed that the site get's back to some sort of normality sooner or later. [Smile]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
My latest rental to arrive is Jason statham's parker on blu ray,not watched it yet,also just been posted the stuntman comedy hot rod which I've never seen before.

Lastly I've pre ordered van damme's hard target and sudden death on blu ray from zavvi for 2 for 11 UK pounds which I think is a bit of a bargain.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Good idea terdnthepool,I'd say post anything on here,well not quite anything just in case the moderators come back from there extended (by about 3 months) summer break [Big Grin]

[ 12. July 2013, 05:16: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Latest movies I've watched over the last 3/4 weeks
Or so

White men can't jump - blu ray
Parenthood - blu ray
China moon - DVD
The good son - DVD
Ill manors - blu ray
Off beat - DVD
The last stand - blu ray
Troll - dvd
That's my boy - blu ray
Before sunrise - DVD
Bullet - DVD
Route 666 - DVD

Off Beat.. now that's a movie i haven't seen in a long time. I vaguely remember renting it in the late 80's,
but that's about it really. I didn't even know it was released on dvd. I think i should try finding a copy. [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Yeh I enjoyed off beat johnny,it's quite funny in parts and overall is a very likeable little movie,it's got a great cast - judge Reinhold,meg Tilly(I've always liked her from when I first ever watched her in psycho 2),Joe magtena,then there's Harvey kietel who pops up towards the end as a bank robber as does Fred Gwynne(Herman Munster) as the commissioner.

It came straight to home video here in the UK when it was released back in the mid 80s,you can get a DVD copy here in the uk for reasonably cheap http://www.amazon.co.uk/Off-Beat-DVD-Judge-Reinhold/dp/B0001MIQF8/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1373798841&sr=1-1&keywords=off+beat ,it's a no frills disc,no wide screen or trailer or anything but the price is not bad.

A fun movie.

-

[ 14. July 2013, 04:13: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say, the spam here is why I haven't been on in a long long time. Glad I found this part of the site. Christine is the last 80's movie I watched. Love that car!
Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Ya good idea. Mind as well post anything you want in here.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Three Fugitives (1989)

After Pure Luck, i watched another Martin Short comedy.
It´s also a remake of a French film (Les Fugitifs, 1986) and was directed by Francis Veber who also directed the original.

The other stars are Nick Nolte, Sarah Rowland Doroff, James Earl Jones, Alan Ruck, Kenneth McMillan and Bruce McGill.

I liked this one much more.
The cast is fantastic (always nice to see Ruck and McMillan was hilarious in his last role)
plus the movie is both funny and touching. Recommended!

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home