iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 77)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
War of The Worlds (2005)

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the thoroughtly saccharine Imagine That, with Eddie Murphy, the other day.

Does he wake up in the morning and say to himself "Man I'm glad I don't make movies like 48 Hrs or Beverly Hills Cop any more..."

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
skyfall

i really liked it. didnt think i was going to either, but was really impressed, it was more classic bond, bardiem did great as the villian, awesome theme song

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack Reacher starring Tom Cruise- I'd give it 2 1/2 -3 stars out of 5. Filmed in Pittsburgh and Saltsburg. I've never read a Lee Child novel, so I can't compare the movie to the book, but I did enjoy the movie.
Killing Them Softly- Just don't go see it or even rent it when it comes out on dvd. It was soooooo bad. A few people walked out of the theater.
I plan on seeing the new Schwarzenegger movie next Friday (possibly).

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've got to be kidding, PG, filmed in Saltsburg? ROFL I drive through their to get to Pittsburgh. I guess that it's a little scenic. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reckon Paul when Eddie Murphy and steve martin met on the set of bowfinger they must of had a little wager between the 2 of them who could make the worst movie,because between the 2 of them they have become the most consistent of all the Hollywood stars when it comes to appearing in crap films.

[ 11. January 2013, 03:51: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
You've got to be kidding, PG, filmed in Saltsburg? ROFL I drive through their to get to Pittsburgh. I guess that it's a little scenic. [Smile]

The final scenes take place at some quarry in Saltsburg. Robert Duvall has a small role in this, and he was great.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fascinating!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A list of films I last watched from the 2000s include:

The Core (2003) - Very cheesy disaster film with Aaron Eckhart and Hilary Swank leading the cast.
S.W.A.T. (2003) - A really enjoyable adaptation from a 70s TV show with Colin Farrell, Samuel L. Jackson, Michelle Rodriguez, LL Cool J and a then-unknown Jeremy Renner.

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"The true story about a father struggling to make amends with his twin sons
as they pursue their dreams of professional baseball."

Watched Touching Home (2008) last night.

Excellent drama based on a true story.
Written, directed and produced by the twins Logan and Noah Miller.
Starring Logan and Noah Miller, Ed Harris, Brad Dourif, Robert Forster, Ishiah Benben and Evan Jones.

Highly recommended!

Touching Home trailer

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I watched the direct to DVD thriller - the entitled last week starring kevin zegers, ray liotta and Stephen mchattie.

Not bad little thriller with only the odd implausible moment to bring it down a notch or 2,liotta's is as watchable as ever and turns in a decent performance here.

Overall nothing amazing but for a direct to DVD low budget thriller there's some good stuff in here and I'd say it was definetly worth a rental.

6.5-7/10

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
promethius

i thought this was terrible. especially as a prequel, and as a stand alone movie.

do you guys think sometimes, film makers set out to do something, then it gets fouled up, and having to meet a deadline they just turn in a jumbled mess?

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dilemma (2011) with Vince Vaughn, Kevin James, Winona Ryder, Jennifer Connelly, Channing Tatum and Queen Latifah.

A film about infidelity that is neither comedic nor dramatic, the whole movie is completely uneven and is a total misfire for its stars and director Ron Howard.

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
yeah the dilemma didnt have a ron howard feel to it, like it was directed by any one out there now
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
was it good?
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the new one)
Madison County
Resurrection County
The Change Up
The Possession (really creepy)
The Watch
What to Expect When You're Expecting
Episode 50

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Primal
Trouble With the Curve...great, great movie!!
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
"Ghosts of Mars" (2001) starring Ice Cube, Natasha Henstridge, Jason Statham, Pam Grier, Clea Duvall and Joanna Cassidy.

A sci-fi horror film that contains poor acting, bad writing, confusing flashbacks and not great set designs, its failure derailed director John Carpenter's career which led him to not make another movie for a decade.

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i knew it was bad when i seen ice cube was involved. what happened to carpenter in the 90's?
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Eden Lake (2008)

Hardcore horror from the UK can easily be considered a contemporary version of Last House On The Left.
Definitely hard to watch, and prepare for an incredibly downbeat ending.

You have been warned !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
was it good?

For the most part.. Im not the biggest jamie foxx fan. The acting & action was good though. Dont know if its something i will watch again.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Sinister (messed up ending)
Wrong Turn 5
Playback

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two of them over the weekend:

Superman Returns (6.5/10). So so movie, didn't really warm to any of the cast, although Kate Bosworth was the best looking Lois Lane so far.

Hotel Transylvania (8/10). Very enjoyable animated effort, set in a hidden retreat for monsters of all kinds, and run by Count Dracula, who turns out to be a seriously over-protective father...

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
"Wicker Park" (2004) with Josh Hartnett, Rose Byrne, Diane Kruger and Matthew Lillard.

A mixture of romance and mystery that contains terrible acting and implausible coincidences makes the film hard to believe or follow.

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Paranormal Activity 4....it was NOT good!
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home