iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 80)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, the original was written by Brian Clemens who created the TV show The Avengers and Terry Nation who created the Daleks on Doctor Who. It was directed by Robert Fuest, who did the Dr. Phibes films. It took me over 40 years to catch up with the film, and I was hoping that I wouldn't be disappointed. I wasn't. It's terrific.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see michele dotrice was in it,she was married to Edward woodward (the equalizer) and was also the long suffering wife of frank Spencer (Michael Crawford) in the British sitcom classic some mother's do ave em http://youtu.be/FvTl-IBy_Nc
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. She and Pamela Franklin (The Legend of Hell House) are absolutely gorgeous in And Soon the Darkness.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though i have it on blu-ray, i watched Juno (2007) on TV last night.

Funny movie.. maybe a bit too self-aware for its own good, but still very entertaining nonetheless.
Charming performances all round. Ellen Page is excellent in the lead (as always) !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

i watched the ghost flick haunter (2013) starring abigail breslin last night and even though it was all a bit pg-13 ish (not how i really like my horror) tame in the horror department it was still a pretty atmospheric and overall entertaining little horror/thriller .

it's not bad at all actually and any film that features songs from siouxsie and the banshees is never going to be a total loss.

i'd give it a 7.5/10 maybe even a 8 .

http://youtu.be/9TF3AAb1JXg - the killing jar by siouxsie and the banshees fan made video featuring scenes from the - haunter (2013)

-

[ 05. February 2015, 14:04: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly + Victor (2012)

-

Honest and realistic portrait of two young adults who struggle to find their place in society.
While they're desperately trying to find something to hold onto, they lose themselves in an increasingly
obsessive relationship with a little sado-masochism thrown in for good measure. [Big Grin]

Check out the trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFEtR-QhWOM

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Young Warrior, I really enjoyed Haunter...it's exactly the kind of horror movie I love...more a thriller for sure.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah muffy I definitely wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone,I think I liked it more than I cared to admit.

It reminds me a bit of a horror version of groundhog day where the young girls day keeps repeating over and over again.

The part where she goes for a bike ride in the fog and keeps turning back up at the house and the dad's stood there made me laugh.

Plus the references to the 80s - murder she wrote, etc. plus the kid brother playing pacman on tv.

No it was a good film plus it's got me listening to the track killing jar by the siouxsie and the banshees that features at the end of the movie.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Next film rental I've got on it's way is a 2010 teen comedy - I love you beth cooper.

Anyone out there ever checked this one out,if so any good?.

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warrier I think I felt the same way...I walked away loving it more than I thought I would and I actually told a bunch of people to watch it.

I thought I Love you Beth Cooper was just ok....I actually liked a similar movie more, She's out of my League, seen that one?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
yeh i've seen she's out of your league,that was a lot of fun,i've not seen it for a few years but i'm sure that is the one where there on the plane at the end going to some themepark and he gets up and flips out and starts cursing more or less everyone on board.

i'm sure i remember it being good for a laugh.

[ 10. February 2015, 06:13: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

yeah that is she's out your league i just looked it up on imdb,it was branson themepark missouri.

being forced to wear one of those branson bound tops would definitely score a big fat 10 on the cringe factor scale.

i went to dollywood once,i wonder if they done a similar top,i would have worn it for a laugh,or a dare!

[ 06. February 2015, 16:54: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many films to discuss...

But I'll limit myself to this one...

KAJAKI: The Trus Story

Whilst American Sniper might be earning the big bucks at the moment and getting all the accolades, Kajaki, for me, stands head and shoulders above it as a movie that truly demonstrates the horrors of modern war and the bravery of those who fight it.
Based on a patrol of British soldiers in Afghanistan this movie does not tend to "hollywood-ise" the story and is a better film for it.
A MUST SEE!!!!

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Sniper was the last movie I've seen. I will have to see Kajaki, Noms.
She's Out of my League was filmed here in Pittsburgh. It's on tv all the time now.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just a little FYI. The park near Branson is probably a place called SilverDollar City.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Repo Men (2010)

starring Jude Law, Forest Whitaker, Liev Schreiber, and.. Dutch actress Carice Van Houten in a supporting role.

The most famous action scene from Oldboy (2003) is copied here, and there's a twist ending that plays out
like a reversed Abre Los Ojos (1997) or its American remake Vanilla Sky (2001).

Not bad, but i wasn't really impressed either.

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byzantium - Just an alright vampire film that I'm probably not gonna remember in a few years time. Best part was Dracula: Prince of Darkness on the TV.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Was Byzantium anything like this helen, or not as scary - http://youtu.be/kQC82okzTXI.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nowhere near as frightening LOL
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Winter's Bone (2010)

It's a bit of a slow burner, but strong on atmosphere and very well acted.. Yeah, i liked it ! [Cool]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it too Johnny Roarke! Long story about why I like it, but it features Jennifer Lawerence before she was famous.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fifty Shades of Grey
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouija---not half bad
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

i watched - fun with **** and jane (2005) earlier on in the week with jim carrey,tea leoni and alec baldwin,i quite enjoyed it overall, made me laugh a fair old bit actually.

i have seen the original from the late 70s,really enjoyed that also,always been a fan of george segal.

i know it gets a bit of battering from some but i didn't dislike carbon copy from 1981 with segal along side denzel washington.

just had a couple of rentals come through today actually,not seen either.

they are - a night at the roxbury (1998) starring will ferrell and 2013's the lone ranger with johnny depp.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I am watching Argo on FX channel right now. I saw it before, on DVD. I can't even imagine how frightened the Americans who worked in the embassy in Iran were. Thank you to the Canadians who helped our people out!
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home