iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 40)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just my luck - Hideous
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's Out of My League--soooo funny! Took me forever to get it from Netflix but it was worth it!

The Proposal--I don't normally like romcoms, and I'd heard this was horrible, but I really enjoyed it!

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
petty - i've been wondering about she's out of my league. wasn't sure if i should rent it or not but i think i will check it out.
also, i thought the proposal was cute but i did not think sandra bullock and ryan reynolds went well together at all in this one... zero chemistry! that sort of made it hard for me to enjoy.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot Tub Time Machine. My husband and I laughed our butts off! It was definitely geared toward 80's fans, lol.
We are going to try to get She's out of My League for next weekend. Can't wait to watch it-and it was filmed here in Pittsburgh.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sherlock Holmes.

Really enjoyed it - visually impressive, Downey Jr was a great Holmes, and even Jude Law was good....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trick 'r' Treat (2008)

i enjoyed it, funny and silly [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Religulous- 2008

-

A very funny, yet slightly self indulgent, doc from Bill Maher. What I didn't like was that this film was too much about Bill trying to bait, dispute and reason with these people. When he should have just sat back, played the straight man, and have these people expose themselves.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Religulous (as a Grown Up I find myself questioning my beliefs, where as a child I was sent to Catholic school and church and had no say in the matter, so even though Im pretty much Catholic Im really iffy about it) but I was a little disappointed they didnt discuss even MORE religions. My husband is Hindu and thats a hard religion to wrap my mind around. I would have liked to hear a bit about Buddhism too. Oh well.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im agnostic, so this movie should have been right up my alley, but I was also kinda dissapointed! It was an entertaining but superficial doc. Like a prolonged skit from the Daily Show or something.

I've read a lot about Buddhism, and to me, that seems like the most benevolent and easygoing religion. But it's really more like a life philosophy. Unless you're an actual buddhist monk of course. But yeah, would have liked to see some on that, and Hinduism would have been interesting too.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Signal" (2007)

- quirky weird horror flick.. kinda liked it. Scott Poythress made it quite entertaining to watch.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

valley, i watched that movie, thought it was pretty good...glad you liked it. [Smile]
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Centurion.

Another fine effort from the director of Dog Soldiers, The Descent and Doomsday.

Superb fight scenes and decent performances from the actors involved. An excellent sword and sandals adventure that I highly recommend.

I am a soldier of Noms and I WILL NOT YIELD!!!! [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my wife went to see "Dinner For Schmucks"...it definitely had some funny moments, but maybe too many "dry spells"...dead time between funny parts. I reccommend seeing it, but maybe wait to rent. * I wanted to see the Expendables...my wife said "NO"...she wanted to see Eat Pray Love...I said "NO WAY"...so it was a good compromise.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I ever mention that I love "The Incredibles"?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kev, I think I'm the only female on the planet that has no interest in seeing Eat Pray Love!
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

actually, i'm with you on that veronica. not a julia fan!

just watched THE LAST SONG with miley cyrus... bad acting, bad dialogue, bad plot. yuck.

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Ronnie, what possessed you lol
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No EAT PRAY LOVE for me either. I dont DO chick flicks. My hubby wanted to watch DEAR JOHN with him and I wouldnt go.

I saw SPLICE. I dont know what to say about this one. It was okay, but anyone expecting CONSTANT gore and attacks should stay far far away. Most of the shocks come at the end.

Oddly enough I think PARENTS would get more out of this than non-parents as some of the problems they have with their 'creation' are not THAT far removed from the problems any parent with a teenage daughter would have!

So while Im glad I watched it I dont think it has a High Re-Watch factor.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Oh Ronnie, what possessed you lol

haha! i didn't rent it, my cousins did. they called me over for movie night. [Wink]
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Last Song too Ronnie...Did you notice that Kate Vernon, one of the mean girls from Pretty in Pink, played the boyfriend's Mom in that movie?
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

omg!!! i knew i recognized her! i kept looking at her, saying "i know her for somewhere.."
but i never got it lol.. thanks for telling me veronica, i was going crazy trying to figure it out! [Smile]

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you girls on the Julia thing.......I love some of her 80's roles for sure........but she's the same freaking person, same smile, same laugh in EVERY movie....I can never get past it being her.....and not the character she is trying to be........America's Sweetheart? why? how?
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salt--Enjoyable, if overfamilar, 'Bourne' style spy caper. Angelina Joile looks stunning.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veronica Sawyer:
Kev, I think I'm the only female on the planet that has no interest in seeing Eat Pray Love!

No you're not!!! I have no desire whatsoever to see this movie!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Repo Men with Jude Law.

This movie was slated by the critics but I don't think it necessarily deserved such bad reviews. Sure, its no Oscar winner but as a bit of sci-fi popcorn trash with a splash of gore it serves its purpose well.

A solid 6/10 from me.

Union Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home