iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 66)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kristen Wiig's character was me 18 years ago. Poor, driving a smoking (literally) beat-up Plymouth Colt, and drinking like a fish. Oh, yeah, and all of my friends were either engaged, married or at least had a boyfriend except for me, lol!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
High Fidelity (2000)

-

I think this still might have to rank as my favorite John Cusack film. Or at least the one movie I've seen more times than any others of his. I'm not much of a John Cusack fan, but I just think his subtle humour and melodramatic persona works best in this film. And a big nod goes to some nice funny peformances by the supporting cast in this one. Jack Black, Joan Cusack, Tim Robbins, Lisa Bonet, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Sara Gilbert, Todd Louiso, they all are funny in their own individual ways in this movie. Even though it's a 2000 flick, this movie serves as a pretty good definitive movie for the 90's grunge era. From the pre-recordable CD/Cassette Tape Dubbing references to the grungy, dirty fashion. It's a nice trip back to the era I'm sure many would like to forget..lol.

So yeah, I can highly recommend this movie for any Cusack fan. And also for anybody who's just been mowed down in a failed relationship, this movie serves as a good break-up flick to watch and get a few chuckles out of.

[ 08. December 2011, 14:24: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apartment 1303, give me back my 90 minutes [Frown]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2007's "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" with Adam Sandler, Kevin James & Jessica Biel.
Posts: 4125 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cowboys & Aliens - loved it!!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched Piranha (2010) last night and damn it was a crazy movie [Smile]
Teens, bikinis and half-eaten bodies everywhere.

Of course this won´t beat the original Piranha but it´s a fun flick.
Some very gritty special effects and some pretty bad cgi, especially in the beginning
during the Richard Dreyfuss´ Jaws homage.

It was very nice to see Elisabeth Shue and Christopher Lloyd in this one.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chipmunks- Chipwrecked (2011) quite liked apart from the feeling my ears were bleeding when I left the cinema lol!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super 8 (2011)

Terrific first hour or so, but a bit disappointing final act.
Good acting from the young cast, especially Elle Fanning.

Feels somewhat like a cross between E.T. and The Goonies.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
40 Days and 40 Nights (2002)

After a brutal breakup, a young man vows to stay celibate during the 40 days of Lent, but finds the girl of his dreams and is unable to do anything about it. -- IMDb

-

"Ha ha! As soon as you don't want it, they can smell it."

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Help.. saw it in theaters and again on dvd, great movie. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harold & Kumar Get the Munchies - That was so much fun [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Butterfly Effect" (2004) - Ashton Kutcher and Amy Smart.
Posts: 4125 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked...cute movie...not as good as the first two though. Jason Lee's still nice to look at though. [Wink]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
"The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" (2003) - Sean Connery, Shane West, Peta Wilson, Stuart Townsend, Jason Flemyng, Nasserudin Shah, Tony Curran & Richard Roxburgh. Really incoherent mess based on the graphic comic.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Brick - Pretty great modern noir. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was super.
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got a great three days at the cinema coming up:

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Cant decide which order to watch them in!!!

Noms Protocol [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apocalypto (2006)

As the Mayan kingdom faces its decline, the rulers insist the key to prosperity is to build more temples and offer human sacrifices. Jaguar Paw, a young man captured for sacrifice, flees to avoid his fate. -- IMDb

Awesome.  -

8/10

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
"Basic Instinct 2" (2006) - Sharon Stone and David Morrissey. Godawful sequel to a very entertaining erotic thriller that came 14 years too late.
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Who knew Brad Bird could direct live action? This is easily the best of the series and is a welcome return to form for Tom Cruise. Excellent performances by Simon Pegg and Jeremy Renner in supporting roles should ensure a return for the team in the future...

IMF Disanoms'd [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

If you liked the first Sherlock Holmes you'll love this. Outstanding performances, great action set pieces and a compelling storyline.

Moriarty was a highlight and everytime he shared the screen with Holmes it brought back that same tension that De Niro and Pacino shared on screen in Heat.

Top Class.

Sherlock Noms [Cool]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Elf

-

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noms, great to hear that the Holmes sequel rocked! I loved the first one.
This is a really strange feeling, i´m dying to see a NEW movie [Cool]

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by The Noms with no name...:

Who knew Brad Bird could direct live action? This is easily the best of the series and is a welcome return to form for Tom Cruise. Excellent performances by Simon Pegg and Jeremy Renner in supporting roles should ensure a return for the team in the future...

IMF Disanoms'd [Cool]

Agree with all of this! Just caught it last night, at the IMAX theater. You were right Noms, excellent movie, .. not a dull moment. Love Renner and Pegg and they were both awesome. I was taken by Cruise in this as well..loved the action!
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Elf

-

Now make work your favourite...

SANTA! I Noms Him [Cool]

Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Been waiting for this one! I loved the books and watched the original Swedish trilogy so was keen to see what Fincher would do with it.

I know its the done thing to slate american remakes over their foreign language originals but I just cant do it, almost everything about this movie worked.

The one thing the original did get better was the casting of Lisbeth. I'm sorry Rooney but you were outdone by Noomi Rapace on this one. I read a story that she was considered to reprise her role but turned it down as she didn't want to tell the same story twice. It was a shame because as good as Rooney was I felt that she was next best thing.

Other than that a great (if somewhat disturbing) movie.

The Girl with a Noms Tattoo

SPOILER BELOW...

**I didn't know whether to keep quiet or inform the sweet gray haired old lady sitting in fromt of me that there would be a graphic anal rape scene in the movie**

This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home