iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011) (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011)
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Tonight's movie:

Dreamscape (1984)

-

I haven't seen this movie in years, but for anyone that enjoys analyzing dreams or even scarier....nightmares, this is a movie you need to watch. I highly recommend this movie for anyone that hasn't seen it yet. Dennis Quaid is excellent as a guy with a special gift recruited by the government, but the real star is David Patrick Kelly who will truely give you nightmares. Fans of the flick "Commando" will remember him a Sully, but he plays an even darker character in "Dreamscape".

-

-

-

Just watched this last night and I thought it was very good. I especially enjoyed the Snakeman. Those clay animations were great back in the day....reminded me of Clash of the Titans. Great post and recommendation Valley.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's that time of the year again....this needed a bump.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love this time of year. Great time to be watchin anything from Lost Boys to Monster Squad. The time of year just sets the mood better. Good Bump !
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow. i totally loved re-reading this thread.
and i did end up watching bloody birthday. it definitely was psychotic..those kids-sheesh!.
and i also bought visitng hours but my husband and i ended up shutting that one off.

all the mentions in this topic were great and funny enough, i have seen most of these recently. i love the fall and halloween season.

i am going to watch HOUSE parts 1 and 2 this time. it has been so long since i have seen them. it's sort of tradition for me to watch prince of darkness this time of year. i can listen to that soundtrack over and over. that one and the creepshow score.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:

Me too Ronnie! I still can't believe that a year went by so fast. This is by far the best month of the year....I love it.

I wish Valley would come back especially for this time of year.

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
and i did end up watching bloody birthday. it definitely was psychotic..those kids-sheesh!.
and i also bought visitng hours but my husband and i ended up shutting that one off.

all the mentions in this topic were great and funny enough, i have seen most of these recently. i love the fall and halloween season.

i am going to watch HOUSE parts 1 and 2 this time. it has been so long since i have seen them. it's sort of tradition for me to watch prince of darkness this time of year. i can listen to that soundtrack over and over. that one and the creepshow score.

You didn't like Visiting Hours? I liked it back in the day when I watched it. Of course, you know I watch just about any horror movie LOL.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ petty - i tried to watch it, really...maybe it was a slow start? it was hard to watch haha.

i also tried watching bad dreams with jennifer rubin and didn't make it passed 30 mintues. :-?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss Valley [Frown]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time to dig out my life size coffin for my display...thought I might have to tone it down a bit, as my son just turned three...but he loves the stuff...he doesn't have the association of "scary" with all our decorations...loves playing with the giant rats and bats, etc. Usually start my crazy horror movie buying spree at this time of year...bought Cabin Fever and Sleepaway Camp last night...haven't seen either of them...also recently got Frighteners w' Michael J Fox and the Criss Angel Halloween Special....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i went to the dollar store and found tons of halloween decorations. i bought halloween cookie cutters to bake sugar cookies in the shapes of pumpkins, skulls and witches hats haha. my daughter can't wait.

we are going to watch THE FOG this weekend. my hubby has never seen it and he loves john carpenter. i can't wait to see what he thinks, i know he'll love it.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

this scene is one of my favorites from the friday the 13th movies.

as a kid, it always scared me...it's from part 5..violet's death. the music, her dancing and the anticipation of what's coming (lol) always frightened me!
check it out: VIOLET'S DEATH

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw a commercial for the movie trick or treat coming out on dvd october 6th now i have to go on ebay and buy it since i have not seen it yet? also watching the 30 days of halloween on scy-fy watched crazy eights and dark ride now watching rest stop again lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
What Waits Below (1984)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088392/

One of the worst films I've ever seen.

"Secrets of the Phantom Caverns."

Yes, I remember that film very well. I watched it on video when I was a child, but I never got round to finishing it.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LoverswithCassie,

I can't believe I actually watched all of it. Terrible film.

Tonight I'm going to watch the following:

-

Imdb

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
@ petty - i tried to watch it, really...maybe it was a slow start? it was hard to watch haha.

i also tried watching bad dreams with jennifer rubin and didn't make it passed 30 mintues. :-?

Goodness, Ronnie! [Razz] I liked Bad Dreams too!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
LoverswithCassie,

I can't believe I actually watched all of it. Terrible film.

Tonight I'm going to watch the following:

-

Imdb

Mortuary is a good movie. I finally saw it last year.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Goodness, Ronnie! [Razz] I liked Bad Dreams too!

I like Bad Dreams also, even though it is a poor man's Friday the 13th Part III [Razz]
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

haha, did i miss something, then? i own the movie so perhaps i will give it another go. now that i think of it, i may have just fallen asleep..it was bedtime and all. [Razz]
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i've never heard of mortuary?..it has bill paxton, i see. the plot sounds a bit funny lol....killing to the sounds of mozart [Eek!] .
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
i've never heard of mortuary?..it has bill paxton, i see. the plot sounds a bit funny lol....killing to the sounds of mozart [Eek!] .

I looked for it for years before I finally found it on Amazon. It was part of a drive-in double feature, along with Blood Song, which was actually a better movie, I thought. Now, there is a newer movie called Mortuary, with Dee Wallace Stone, which is VERY good.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was pretty crap to be honest. It wasn't at all scary, and the only good things about it were the music & Paxton.

The cover is also misleading.

I'm going to play it safe tonight, and watch Poltergeist. I never tire of watching that.

It's not exactly scary either, but at least it has a well written storyline and actors that don't appear to be cardboard cut-outs.

-

What is everyone else watching?

[ 04. October 2009, 12:42: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

Trailer

I saw this last night, along with Poltergeist.

It's described as a mixture of Sci-fi/Horror. I think it's a bit of a stretch calling it a horror movie, but there are moments of suspense.

It certainly doesn't compare to 'Alien' when it comes to talking about classic Sci-fi/Horror.

Overall though, I think it's a fairly decent movie. Well worth watching.

6/10

Eg Shen
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8285

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Eg Shen   Author's Homepage   Email Eg Shen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Halloween 2 Saturday night, the original not the remake. Love it.
Michael Myers is number one...

Posts: 13 | From: Chinatown | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive been trying to keep it horror-themed lately which isnt too hard to do cuz 90 percent of my collection IS horror. Ive been trying to catch some stuff on TV though and so far all Ive caught is REAR WINDOW and THE DEVILS ADVOCATE. Out of my own collection I watched DR GIGGLES (which I havent seen since the early 90s. I didnt love it then and I still dont love it now!) and LEMORA which is a good vampire flick I recommend. I watched some of the Old School NOSFERATU but Im sorry to admit I have a hard time sitting still for those silent movies!

If theres nothing on TV tonight I think I might watch SILVER BULLET.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Eg Shen:
Watched Halloween 2 Saturday night, the original not the remake. Love it.
Michael Myers is number one...

my favorite of them all is part 2. watched this one last night. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home